Photo of Napoli's Brick Oven Pizza in Hoboken, NJ, US

Napoli's Brick Oven Pizza

Italian Restaurant

pizza • pie • salads • buffalo chicken

1118 Washington St
Hoboken, NJ 07030, US

Napoli's Brick Oven Pizza has 20 Tips

We get their delivery or takeout regularly and it's always wonderful. Our favorite thing to do is order personal pizzas with toppings since my husband and I prefer different flavors. The crust is perfectly thin and crispy every time, which is hard to do with fresh pizza! Sometimes they get the order wrong, but it's never a big deal. The toppings are all fresh and the sauce is well balanced. Not too spicy or sweet, just the perfect accompaniment to the rest of the pizza. We have tried several of the appetizers and they are all ok, nothing has really wowed us yet, but we will keep trying them to find our favorite! Overall it's a great place and always reliable. We will continue to be regular customers.
    My wife who is gluten-free, a friend and I got one 12'' gluten-free cio bello with (grilled) shrimp, and one 18'' cio bello with shrimps and mushrooms. My wife liked hers a lot, though perhaps slightly dry, and ours we really enjoyed. I don't know how an authentic NY style pizza is supposed to taste (coming from New Zealand), but I have had pizzas claiming to be this style across the states, and have also lived a while in Italy. What I liked about the somewhat dense crust (?over-kneaded?) was that it was tasty and had none of the sweetness you often get in American pizzas. This was definitely to me taste and the toppings were fine. My friend liked it a lot and claimed it was authentic in his experience. (He's from Chicago) The garlic in the grilled shrimps came through clearly. I would have preferred a little more sauce. I had a taste of my wife's pizza and it tasted much like pizza, as opposed to the cardboard/scone that many gluten-free bases tend to. I would definitely buy again, or eat in BYOB being pretty attractive. My friend and I could not finish the pizza, but I had pizza breakfasts for two days after. Reheated well.
    Straightahead solid pizzeria with an extensive menu and very good food. It's a family-friendly BYOB located on Hoboken's main drag, Washington St. We started with some Napoli sliders, yummy meatballs topped with mozzarella and served with a side of slightly spicy marinara dipping sauce, a great value of 4 sliders for $9. The pizzas were delicious & we chose to try 3 small personal size specialty pizzas rather than splitting one larger size for the table. The Ciao Bella was my favorite topped with an olive oil glaze. The chicken bruschetta was a close second with the zucchini primavera finishing not far behind. Even the personal size is a decent portion so even though we were a party of 3, we couldn't finish all that we had ordered and had some great leftover snacks. Reasonable pricing and good service.
    Napoli's is great if you're craving brick oven pizza. The appetizer menu is disappointingly limited and they only deliver nearby, but all the food is quite good.
    Food ok. A bit pricey. A large selection. Does not deliver. Garlic knots are good when fresh. Friendly service.
    There are many "pizza parlours" (old Hoboken/Hudson County for a neighborhood pizza joint) in Hoboken, but Napolis is the best. You have to go there (in person; not take out) to really appreciate the crispy thin crust and hot, favorful toppings. (The take out business is so busy, I don't think you can appreciate the meal when it gets to your place.) Pizza comes in various sizes so you can enjoy it as an appetizer, personal for one, or for a tablefull of friends or family (bring your own vino for the adults, its BYOB). And the different kinds of pizza! Pizza topped with ziti in vodka sauce or chicken parmigiana pizza are our favorites. Pasta dishes are great also and a particular favorite of mine is the Hoboken salad with grilled chicken or shrimp. The salad has pecans, sliced grapes, cranberries, apples and goat cheese and a great dressing! ENJOY
    Stopped in at Napolis for a quick bite for dinner. Huge portion sizes and a ton of options for dinner met our expectations. I'd honestly go back when we next stay near NYC. The prices were great and the food was really good- we each got something totally different and were all satisfied!
    We ordered delivery (which took an hour) only to have food missing. When I called to tell them that they forgot a salad, it took 5 minutes for the person on the phone to even find our order. They finally offered to send the salad, no apology though. It took another 30 mins for the salad at which time we were all finished with our meals.
    We got delivery when visiting friends and the pizza was absolutely incredible. I'm from Connecticut but we were with friends from Florida and they never had pizza like this. Unreal. Can't wait to enjoy it again.
    This is at least my third or fourth review of Napoli's, and each has been a PERFECT FIVE. Consistency is precisely why I continue to write them! Last night, while visiting our college son, we stopped in for a half buffalo chicken, half penne vodka pie that was perfect, as per usual. Along with pizza, I ordered the antipasto salad, my wife had a spinach salad and our other son ordered a turkey wrap. All were happy and the leftover slices will be today's breakfast! Absolutely my favorite pizza ANYWHERE - not just in Hoboken! We live outside of AC and nothing even comes close. You won't be disappointed. Nice to be able to count on quality every single visit. Service is always attentive, too.
    Great spot. Very Italian very casual very friendly. Great buzz. Great value. Go midsize and you'll be doing well to finish! Bring your own beer! Child friendly. I'd go again.
    Napoli will be our weekly go-to place. Absolutely wonderful, reasonably priced Italian food and you can BYOB! Love the outdoor seating but inside is great too, very lively and always busy. Wonderful selection of salads, pizza cooked in a brick oven and perfect pasta dishes. Shhh...and the cheesecake is to die for!
    Great selection of thin, brick oven pizzas (including gluten free) and other dishes. Just from one visit I can tell they do a brisk business. Family friendly with sidewalk seating. Like several restaurants in Hoboken its BYOB. But really it's all about the pizza!
    This is a great family business, they're all working well together, helping each other out, and friendly. The food was good--we had pizza and garlic knots. Coke products, and very prompt service.
    We just had lunch here and ordered their plain pizza. It was reheated slices (we couldn't eat a whole pizza) but even so it was a top tier pizza.
    I have walked past Napoli's Brick Oven many times and it always looks inviting. My first taste of Margherita Pizza and Vodka Pizza came on the same night via takeout. They were both terrific! Great flavor that jumps out at you but not too strong. My/our son brought in the "takeout" after he finished work on a Friday in March. We plan to go for a sit down dinner soon.
    Everything our party had was delicious. The pizza toppings choices are the best I've ever had. The wraps were stuffed and generous in size. Service was friendly and helpful even though the place was packed.
    I have been happily eating at Napoli's since it opened 5-6 years ago. Without a doubt...Napolis has THE BEST Margherita pizza in Hoboken. I would even say, you would be hard pressed to find better Margherita pizza anywhere. Nice friendly atmosphere. BYOB.
    On my quest for the perfect pie, finally make it to Napoli. Odd thing that living in the area for the past 14 years, I never had the opportunity to go. But after reading such good reviews on TA, I saved my casual friday dinner for them. 8 pm, the place was packed and we had to wait about 20 min standing in the way of many patrons coming in and out for pick up and several delivery guys flying out with their hot pies. My first impression was the place was a gold mine, very busy and almost chaotic. Tables were arranged oddly and many people while eating had were surrounding by other guest waiting either for a table or their pick up. I think they could benefit from a re design of the lay out by a professional, will help with the flow. As for the pies, the large ones looks very large, the medium more than enough for two, but we decided for the personal size so we can taste 2 kind. The size is really good for one. We got one vodka sauce with mozarella, additional shrimp topping, very good , the other pie was a clams , no sauce, that we thought was too greasy. No alcohol served, but BYOB welcome. Final verdict: much better than the average pizza in the area, but sorry, not on the top five list. Value is good: personal pie start at 11$. The best seems to be the large, at 18$ that can easily feed 4 people. So the same price as the personal pizza at Razza, jersey city, Top dog in the area.
    This is our go-to place in Hoboken. The pizza, in my opinion, is the best in town. Their food is decent and consistent. Service is generally good. My only complaint is it has gotten very popular which means longer wait times and large crowds at times. In the warmer months they have outdoor seating. The place is BYOB, which I love. This is a solid joint with reasonable prices. It has my recommendation.

Similar places people viewed in Hoboken

• Bocca Di Bacco