Photo of Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville, NC, US
Photo of Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville, NC, US
Photo of Airborne and Special Operations Museum in Fayetteville, NC, US

Airborne and Special Operations Museum

Tourist Attraction

special ops • special forces • men and women • motion simulator

Airborne and Special Operations Museum has 20 Tips

My date is a former military soldier and he took me hee on our first date it was an amazing and interesting museum would go again.
    Came on a Friday for a quick walk through. Not very crowded at all. The exhibits are well done and it's free entry. I wish I had more time I would have done the interactive exhibit and spent a little more time going through the museum.
    A really cool visit with tons of information. Loved that there were many items actually used and not just extras. Definitely need several visits to soak everything in. Glad we came here and I would go back!
    I was impressed by how nice the exhibits are and the how easy they made it to learn about the history the men and women who fought in all the different eras its like taking a walk trough time.
    Proud to have served and visited this Museum, It is free and you will not be disappointed they do offer tours but i like to walk through at my own pace, covers the history of the 82nd Airborne Division, And has exhibits on the Sf and Range units, plus a lot of displays. next door to it is the North Carolina Veterans Park a great day to reflect. i Recommend at least 2-3 hours to visit.
    Downtown Fayetteville is proud of this great educational museum! It offers a very nice tour of different wars of which the US has been involved. It's a must see for those locally who have not been there and a great place to take out of town guests for a free and interesting outing!
    Our youth group on a mission trip in Fayetteville took a break from working on houses damaged/destroyed by Hurricane Matthew and visited this museum. We used a scavenger hunt (see museum resources) and found fascinating information throughout the facility.
    I took an exchange student from Germany because he was interested in the USA Army's history. It was exciting to see how the weapons progress and how the PJs got started. ( parachute jumpers) Germany started this tactic by jumping out of hot air balloons. So you see a lot of war tactics change over the years and weapon technology too. It is a free event to attend to. It is great to go if you want to learn about history of the USA army and how parachute jumpers got started. :D
    Went here with our son who is stationed in Ft. Bragg. A very nice museum if you are interested in military history, especially Airborne and Special Operations. It's free, but of course, leave whatever generous donation you can afford.
    Is a great place for the kids to go and have a good time. It shows a lot about the military and the history of it. It shows all the major war and what the airborn and special forces did to change the outcome.
    This is must see for those like myself that were stationed at FT. Bragg or just those that enjoy freedom, history, or where tax dollars go. Wonderful for all ages.
    The museum is beautiful, and very educational. It is a great place for a class or family to visit, because it provides a lot of things to see.
    The Airborne and Special Ops Museum is a fantastic place to visit, love the layout, everything inside has a place in History, it is different than many Museums that I have visited. The only thing that I don't like about it is the location, the traffic on Bragg blvd can be very stressful therefore plan in advance. The best time to visit is friday in the morning. I love the place, it brought back many great moments. I think the museum is a must see if you are in the Fayetteville area.
    We loved our visit to this museum. It was so informative but also nicely laid out. Such a tribute to the ones who served. We took a 6 and 3 year old and it kept their attention while still educating us adults.
    I absolutely loved this beautiful museum. The simulator was so much fun. I wanted to go on it again. I went with my brother . He is retired special forces airborne. I t was so interesting learning about all of the the things in our history that he and his fellow soldiers were apart off. I walked in as a proud American . I left even prouder of these men and women and the sacrifices that they make for our freedom. Hero's, each and everyone of them. I really enjoyed talking to a World War Two veteran while I was visiting. It was an honor to speak with him and thank him for his service. Well done I will return on my next visit
    In town to visit a nephew in the service at Ft. Bragg. He recommended this Museum. Presents the history of the Army Airborne. Very well presented. Interesting displays of real equipment. Everyone in our group enjoyed it.
    Great place, so much history, state of the art facilities.Several staff members came the desk and he was thanked for his service and then presented with the pin.Thank you so much for recognizing veterans for their service to our country.
    As a former paratrooper, this was an excellent place to take my kids. They learned alot and also plenty of great places for pics.
    I had the good opportunity to visit the museum. The displays are very interesting and there are parts where the displays are part of where you walk as you progress through the various phases of history. The museum was free unless you elect to sit through the simulator. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. This is a must see if you are in or near Fayetteville.
    Awesome museum. Covers Airborne and Special Operations Forces. Some very nice displays - movies covering from WW II to present. One section changes periodically to keep you coming back for more.

Similar places people viewed in Fayetteville