Elaia

Mediterranean Restaurant

hummus • egg salad • lamb • tasting menu

Elaia has 20 Tips

this is the type of places I am looking for when I travel. Was invited to this place by someone who thought that I will appreciate Israeli food. I had no expectations and was actually disappointed about the idea that I need to eat home-food away from home. well, it turned out to be one of the best meals I ate for a long while. the food has Israeli-touch, but I wish restaurants in Israel would have served such good food. the ambiance is great, both downstairs and at the top floor. I am not sure how pricey the place is (but I am sure it is worth every penny) the food combines Israeli, Marcone and fusion cousins. Just order a table and find out by your self. one of the top 10 restaurants I experienced this year. (
    What a cool place to eat. Amazing food with excellent service that never ends. Good wine list with a nice e feel to the place
    We did a quick, light dinner. Chose 3 tapas and a hummus plate. Great variety to choose from, just enough to eat without being overly full. Nice courtyard to sit outside. Fast service.
    From start to finish I was completely satisfied! I came here alone on a quest to your some local bars/restaurants and this was the winner hands down. Not everyone knows what to do with a solo diner but the staff here didn't miss a beat. And, the food. My goodness...the food was delectable! I had the egg salad and the cauliflower and all I can say is PLEASE come to Dallas so I can I treat myself to your beautifully crafted food once a week!
    Dined at Elaia recently to celebrate an anniversary. It had been a few years since my wife and I had last been (first time was excellent), and we were just as impressed this time around. We ordered from the prix fixe menu. Perfect preparation of each course. Excellent service. Wine pairings were great. Very romantic and intimate setting.
    Olio was a great find after the restaurant I wanted to go to had too long a wait. Olio respects the ingredients and combines them creatively, for instance, the Palestinian fish tartare. The chef not only keeps the food simple but keeps the menu simple thereby insuring a high quality experience no matter what you order. The Arais and Speck sandwich are two other excellent dishes. The wine list displays similar care in its selection. I'll definitely be back when I'm in town.
    We loved our dinner of tapas and small plates. The knowledgeable staff helped with our selections. Small changes to plates were available. The roasted cauliflower was amazing. The other couple with us had the smoked trout and loved it (not my thing). The Turkish pizza was a delight. We have two more nights in town and are planning on going back again and again...
    Seduced by the setting of the place, I invited my wife for a light diner. We had a plate of hummus which was decent but not out of this world and a little too rich. The Pita bread was excellent. My wife was wise enough to have beer while I ordered a glass of wine, which ended up being a third of a glass. Once we placed our order, the service was quick but it took a while for the waiter to come to our table. Maybe the owners should be less preoccupied in making their restaurant a trendy place and more in offering a well balanced experience between their unconventional menu and their price point.
    My wife and I enjoyed reminiscing about our Mediterranean and European travels with the great flavors of Olio. The outdoor patio is relaxing too. Looking forward to our next visit!
    Today's lunch at Olio was extraordinary. We began with hummus, which was rich and light (as opposed to dense and flavorless). This was followed with the Tuscan Kale Salad and Roasted Beets both of which were happy surprises! Our server was gracious, knowledgeable and attentive. This restaurant is not in a hurry, which is good because their menu is meant to be savored... slowly.
    We had a delightful meal at Olio on a Saturday night. We were with another couple, who were also pleased with their food. We can recommend the hummus, burrata (that night with speck and fruits), bruschetta, and Turkish pizza. Their bread is toothsome! Service was helpful and friendly. This will be a "good weather only" spot for us as the patio is the only possibility--inside the converted gas station the noise level is just too high. Note also that reservations are taken only for groups of five or more, and there aren't a lot of tables on the patio. So go early or plan to wait a while to be seated--or put together a group of people who like to eat "out of the ordinary" food. You won't be disappointed.
    Thankfully, Olio has remained true to its own flavor profile. Love the Israeli Bruschetta and the charred broccoli pita is a wonderful lunch option. The bread used in many dishes is top notch. Egg salad is highly recommended as well as the seasoned beef pizza. Can be expensive because you'll want to order everything in one sitting- so pace yourself with many return visits.
    Great place for a group to share dishes, Never felt rushed. Interesting menu choices. Octopus was excellent...Order the bruschetta!. Cool environment all around.
    We were traveling in St. Louis, and our $$ seemed to go far except here. We had hummus which was fine, but a rather dainty serving. Same went for a chicken tagine. It was $$22 for two thighs and a small amount of cous cous. The egg salad on toast was the largest serving of anything that we got. It was pleasant. We also had spiced nuts. Nothing to write home about.
    Went here with a business group and tried a bunch of different foods. Great quaint little spot with high end excellent food! We will be back.
    Great service, wonderful plates for sharing, nice wines-by-the-glass. We didn't even order entrees - just lots of waves of appetizers. Interesting and different.
    We went for dinner on a week night and had the place mostly to ourselves. Their breads are to die for and the hummus plate we got was excellent.
    Great lunch and delicious cocktails. The bread is fabulous. Try the samurai drink. It was a sno cone for adults!!!
    Olio has been recommended for years and after finally dining there, I understand why. The flavors of each dish are executed beautifully. I couldn't begin to explain how delicious everything tasted. From the hummus and fresh bread to our entire everything was fantastic. Our waitress kept us on track with time, without making us feel rushed. A few complaints. It was cold. I mean, we kept our jackets on as we ate. The space is an interesting repurpose of a garage or gas station of sorts with cool brick and concrete walls, but freaking cold. The noise coming from the bar was disturbing our conversation. There were three really loud patrons being entertained by the bartender. (Ok, can't complain about that). The bartender began hammering ice with a mallet, or something. Again this is a converted space and there isn't anything hanging to absorb the noise. In a nut shell. Great food, Good service, Cold, and Loud.
    The egg salad is delicious as advertised. The waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable. Cool/ funky spot with a very nice outdoor area. Need to come back in the spring. Seemed a bit pricey .

Similar places people viewed in Saint Louis