Upload Business Photo

Bean & Leaf Cafe

Cafe

Bean & Leaf Cafe14.5
sandwiches • espresso

Bean & Leaf Cafe has 15 Tips

Very good Vietnamese Coffee and cool art on the walls!
    I've gone here for the past three years and I've never ran into any issues. The owners of this place are amazing! The coffee is great here. The only downside is the fact that they are nearly always packed.
    Nice place for a coffee. Espresso was quite good and the latte was above average. Reasonable selection of pastries, etc. Don't expect the sandwiches of Starbucks; this is quiet laid-back coffeeshop, not a cafe.
    It took a while but things have "perked" up at Bean and Leaf with cleaner cases, better signage, and service. Long ago I recommended they try LaVazza which in my opinion if fresh and made right beats Starbucks by a mile. Definitely it makes the best espresso! They took my advice but for some reason they do not feature it as their premier coffee which is a shame. It just costs a quarter more, just fifteen minutes on the meter outside. I do so wish the new part owners would carry it in decaf now that I have to drink decaf. I get around it by requesting an expresso Americano Decaf as frankly their house decaf is no better than Mickey D's in my opinion. A little background music like Starbucks has would be nice as well. Overall for an independently owned place it has come a long way. Unlike any other cafés it has a frequent visiting portrait artist who used to draw at the old Caribou. You can see portraits of Bean and Leaf Customers displayed at the rear. Great for students and chit chat with friends I highly recommend trying it now that it has improved. The choices for breakfast could improve but I was told they do not want to be a restaurant which does not make sense to me if one would like something to go with coffee other than a continental croissant, or instant oatmeal (yuch), However,they do offer pre wrapped sandwiches for lunch that are a good value compared to some coney islands. They also offer vegan sunrise cakes that are so tasty and for the young at heart the ever popular bubble tea.
    I tend to prefer independent coffeehouses to the big chains. This place is a good choice in RO. There is plenty of parking behind the store.
    A great location, good service and a nice cuppa tea! In the midst of busy Royal Oak, there's parking behind the store.
    Had to try it out while we were in the area after hearing it was one of the best coffee shops in the state. It was very good coffee. Definitely not the commercialized style. Very authentic. Nice large place with many different types of seating areas including minimal outdoor seating depending on what you want to do while enjoying your drink.
    Nice atmosphere cool artwork for sake in the walls very diverse menu and good coffee. I had a cafe latte and enjoyed it !!!
    Nice atmosphere and nice selection of beverages. Tables to linger and savor your choices, visit with friends or read.
    Good place to be with friends, comfortable and warm, without the complications of Starbucks. I don't have a favorite drink there but I try whatever I feel for and I'm usually satisfied.
    I love the relaxed atmosphere. It doesn't feel as stuffy or contrived as Starbucks. I love their blue and yellow tea, makes me feel warm and calm every time.
    The interior of Bean and Leaf is starting to show some signs of its age. However, it is comfortable, vibrant during the day, and the art from local photographers makes a nice contribution. The baristas are competent, but tend to seem distracted and bored. The coffee is of good quality. I generally get an Espresso or a Red Eye. Both of which are fairly good. My wife enjoys their cappuccino. Overall, it doesn’t stand up well to Commonwealth Cafe or Great Lakes. However, this is the best independent coffee shop in Royal Oak.
    I love this place. My friend likes coffee, while I love the tea. They have every selection of beverages and they make it to order.
    An absolutely wonderful little coffee place with a great selection, great staff, and high-quality products.
    Best coffe/tea place.