Photo of Heavy Seas Tap Room in Halethorpe, MD, US

Heavy Seas Tap Room

Bar

tap room • food truck • beers on tap • brewery tour

4615 Hollins Ferry Rd
Halethorpe, MD 21227, US

Heavy Seas Tap Room has 20 Tips

Several people from my office went there for happy hour. (This rating concerns the bar area and not the tours). One plus is the Heavy Seas line of beers. The actual bar inside is quite small; the outside terrace is twice the size. By 5:30 the place is packed. Not sure how good it would be if the weather was bad and the outside area was not available. Dogs and children seemed welcomed on the terrace. Food is available from a food truck next to the outside terrace. Pizzas, burgers and appetizers available. If you like Heavy Seas beer, you should go. For those interested in the tours, I have done those and they are really good.
    Sample a number of tasty beers in their bar-like tap room, dine on tasty food from their semi-permanent food truck or take a brewery tour. Trivia night is particularly fun.
    We just flew in to BWI returning from a weekend away and decided to stop in for a tasting. Since we are both long time fans, we wanted to see what else was available at the source. The staff Laura and Rachael were AMAZING and so helpful. We did a tasting and stayed for a few more pints and some incredible swine fries and wings from the food truck outside. Each beer we tried was great, I walked away with a growler of Tropi Cannon and the seasonal pumpkin. If I was closer, this would be a weekly hangout.
    Very nice venue, and if you get the chance to do the tour, be sure to book the Pirate Tour. Tour guide is very good. After our tour where some young college kids kind of monopolized the guides time, He came and sat with us while we ate lunch and offered a free tour the next time we came in. Beer was some of the best I've had in some time. Really enjoyed the Blackbeard's Breakfast beer.
    Easy to get to location, and plenty of beers to try. Tours seem to operate frequently and a good mix of merchandise. Nice outdoor space with food truck service.
    Stopped at Heavy Seas Brewery with my brother and parents while in the area. I love the pirate theme of the brewery. The beer is really good. My favorite was the Tropi Cannon IPA. I have to see if the beer is sold in CT.
    My toddler son and wife took me here for Father's Day. $7 sample glass with 4 tickets was a great value. Love the beers!!! Peg Leg Stout and Tropicannon IPA were my favorites. Bartenders were super sweet with my son. Got a pizza from the food truck. Delicious. A must go when visiting B'more!
    We were very excited for the Taco Fest this year. It did not meet our expectations. When we arrived in an Uber, we were not allowed to turn into the parking lot. The parking attendant told our driver to make a (dangerous) u-turn, and leave us off at the curb. It would have been nice if they had a drop off area, especially because on the website, they recommend getting a ride to the event. As we entered the fest, and were given wrist bands, the workers putting them on us were throwing the tabs from the wrist bands on the ground. It was a lot of litter, and not very professional. The lines were very, very long for each food stand. Also, they ran out of a lot of the food very early. The event claims to have "unlimited samples" but in order to get more than one taco, we had to stand in line for a very long time. At the end, we were waiting on the covered patio for an Uber, and the security guards very rudely kicked us out, into the rain. We paid a lot of money for this event, and I do not think we got our money's worth. Also, we were not treated very nicely. I don't think we will be attending another event at Heavy Seas.
    The owner gave our tour, and he was fantastic: super knowledgeable, funny, and made understanding the process easy. I don't typically drink beer, but I found two of their brews that I like and have ordered since. They had a food truck on site with decent food.
    My son, daughter in law and I stopped here to taste some beer while visiting another son who lives in the area. Didn't do the tour, but stood outside in the sun to enjoy the beer. Nice deck with the food bus, but we wanted sunshine. The four samples were tasty and for $7, you keep the glass.Recommend if you have some time in the area.
    Heavy Seas is a growing brewery with more flavors of beer coming out each year. Tour is $7 a piece and includes a small logoed beer glass and four samples of the six beers that the had for tasting. We met at the large covered deck outside the tap house bar to enjoy the warm weather, and some excellent food from the on site Food Bus. They offered appetizers, wood fired pizzas, sandwiches, and salads. Great tastes to go along with the beer. They also serve a beer and brunch menu on the weekends. If you have seen a brewery before, the tour itself may not be your cup of beer. But for $7 to get a taste of four beers may be worth the investment. You can buy packs of beers at the indoor bar and clothing items with their logos. A good afternoon's excursion.
    Looking for something different to do with your guy try a brew tour here. The lively and entertaining education gave me new knowledge about beer. The free samples and take home glass were fun. Get there early to taste some before the tour. After wards you can enjoy more in the attached pub or get a snack from the food truck. A great afternoon and a great value. Highly recommend.
    The brewery has a small bar area and an outdoor deck with a food truck. The bar had their current production on tap. They had an excellent selection of Heavy Seas swag - tees, hats, growlers, etc. They also had cases of all their beers - including some I haven't seen at my local store. The site is an industrial park, so this isn't a great tourist stop. I didn't get a chance to tour, so will have to post an update when I do.
    My husband and I generally stop by on Fridays after work to celebrate the end of the work week and the beginning of the weekend. They generally have 6 beers on tap and 2 on cask. They offerings vary, but there will always be an IPA, lager/ale, stout and specialty options. They have bombers, 6 packs and 12 packs, merchandise and growler fills for sale. The staff is always friendly and welcoming. They are very knowledgeable about the beers and always willing to answer questions and make suggestions. They sponsor festivals through out the year at the brewery, most recently the Oyster Fest which is not to be missed if you love oysters!, and participate in other festivals. If you are interested in great beer and want a friendly atmosphere in which to enjoy it, I can't recommend a better place. And if you would like a snack, sandwich or pizza to have with your beverage, the Pieces of Eight is a permanently situated food truck is at your service. On the weekends they have tours of the brewery on Saturday and Sunday and breakfast specials (kegs & eggs) on Sunday morning. We have young and old have a good time!
    Nothing but good to say about this place. Did the Legends of Beer and Piracy tour. I'm not really into the whole pirate thing, but the guy who led it gave some interesting pirate related info while still touching upon the beer brewing process. Nice variety of beers available in the tasting room, tasty food available from a food truck outside, good selection of merchandise available, friendly staff, and plenty of on-site parking to boot. What more can you ask for? Certainly worth a visit whether you're a local or out-of-towner looking to experience the beer that started the craft movement in Maryland.
    We booked the Brew Pub for a corporate event. I had never been to the brewery before. As part of the event we received beer tasting, a tour of the brewery and food from the food truck. It was fascinating as well as tasty. The Brew Pub is open Wednesday through Sunday to the public. Check the website for hours. They do public brewery tours on weekends. During the tour you will also get the history of the beer. Check the website for events. Whether you are looking for a corporate event or just a place to grab a beer and a bite try the Brew Pub. Coming soon....they are expanding. Do not get this place confused with the Ale House in Baltimore. They aren't owned by the same people.
    I must say Chad and his brewing team will never disappoint my palate. If you like Belgian style quadruple beers. You must try the Plank IV this is the best I ever had. Every time I visit they raise the bar. Keep up the great work I love you guys.
    I booked a tour for my son-in-law, while daughter's friends gave her a baby shower. Not much a beer drinker, myself (although I do like crafted beers once in a while) the tour was informative, interesting, and very entertaining. We were fortunate to be led by founder Hugh Sisson, a man who is as passionate about beer as he is entertaining. Arrive early, get your commemorative glass and start sampling the beers. Then, take the 45 min tour. You will learn a lot, enjoy the beer, and just plain have a good time. Afterward, you can rest in the tap room, have a bite to eat, or enjoy more beer. There is a lot of standing, so wear comfortable shoes.
    We went here for an event last weekend and have a great time! staff were super friendly and we enjoyed the beer too. We'd definitely go back.
    Great beer. Especially liked Double Canon, Winter Brew, Peg Keg and Treasure Fest. Made 1 hour trip to get here and really enjoyed the beer. Will not be visiting again due to Pieces of Eight food truck. Disrespectful people that do not even meet minimum food requirements.

Similar places people viewed in Halethorpe

Browse Bars in Nearby Neighborhoods