Sweet Caroline's

American Restaurant

fries • quesadilla • red sox game • fenway park

Sweet Caroline's has 20 Tips

Food has gone down hill. So disappointed in our last visit. Won't be going back. Not even sure if it's still there.
    Great burger and chicken salad! So enjoyed the black dragon cocktail! Waitress very friendly, glad Wahlberg's was busy!
    They were out of the our first three menu choices for dinner and it wasn't even 6:00 PM yet. My pongo chicken was more like an appetizer. It was an entree but sat alone on a small plate. It tasted OK. The waitress was fair, at best. i felt like we were bothering her.
    This place is terrible, which probably explains the 3 tables sat on a Thursday night. The food is pathetic. The buffalo chicken wrap was basically lettuce in a tortilla wrap. There's so many better restaurants in the area, go find them.
    This is a nice place walking distance from Fenway Park. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the friendly customer service. Very special thanks to our bartender Erin for her kindness toward us Canucks on our first night out in Boston!
    Give it a 3.5 stars. We went here for late night drinks and food. The place is modern, the staffs were very attentive.. Plenty of drink selections. They do have come games at the bar. Plenty of televisions to watch different games. The food wasn't anything to brag about. We got the cheese pizza, spicy mango calamari and the trio combo. The food and drinks price are reasonable.
    My Dad, Sister and I were looking for a place to eat before the Paul McCartney concert at Fenway on 7/17. Sweet Caroline's was across the street from our hotel (The Verb), so we decided to give it a try. Given that it was such a hot day, there was NO wait for outside dining, so we were seated right away. We ordered the fried pickles and sweet potato fries for an app. Loved the spicy ketchup that came with the fries! My sister and I ordered the Cobb salad which was underwhelming. The chicken didn't seem fresh and the red wine salad dressing was awful. My father DID rave about his meatball grinder. Sweet Caroline's is a bar, so I am not going to fault them for an underwhelming salad, as the rest of the food was good. Service was prompt and the price was right. I would definitely come here again!
    Stopped in for a quick stop. Bartender hooked us up with Diet Coke, water and blue Gatorade on a hot July day...will be back again before a Sox game!
    Stopped in for dinner and was not disappointed. Sweet Caroline's is a sports bar and pizza place rolled into one, with a menu that is American fare with a twist. Was a pleasant evening so we ate out front al fresco. Located near Fenway, but there was no game that night, still a great spot for a good meal and to relax. Food and service was great.
    Given the location right across from the park, this is the perfect place to meet for dinner before a game. I ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and it was huge, hot and tasty. All sandwiches come with their homemade waffle fries. My friends ordered a salad and a Kung pao quesadilla. Everything tasted great.
    Dropped by for a quick beer and nachos on the patio. Great place to watch the fun, especially when there's a game on at Fenway. Good casual place with a varied menu and decent selection of draught, we enjoyed a couple plates of nachos and beer. Nachos were good, plenty of cheese and the chips were fresh. Beer perfectly cold, and server perfectly friendly. Good food, good service and welcoming atmosphere, would definately return.
    Went for a few drinks and food after the game on Tuesday night at Fenway, was relatively busy but still had booths at top available. Beer selection is good and they serve del's lemonade! Was disappointed with service, it took about 15 minutes to get drinks then had to wait at bar to order food while waitstaff ignored us so we ended up finishing our drinks and going elsewhere! Had heard good reviews of this place but service was abysmal.
    Went there after the Blue Jays and Red Sox game. Great specials on beer and reasonable prices on good food. Service was wonderful also!
    My boyfriend and I stopped in on a Friday evening. The bar was full, but were seated in the lower portion of the bar by the pool tables where there were plenty of open tables. There was a group of obnoxious individuals that looked like they were barely legal to drink. The table we were seated at by a staff member was dirty and wobbly. Our server seemed to be a bit flighty, despite it not being busy. When we placed our order for food and drinks, our food order came out wrong, we had to ask for place settings, and to top it all off there was a fly in my drink. I can safely say we will not be returning.
    I was in town for the Boston marathon with my son and daughter and we were looking for a place to have lunch while watching the Raptors play. I had a chicken caesar while my son and daughter had a burger and fries. Great food, great location and reasonable prices.
    Had lunch there following a Fenway tour. The food was so-so at best. The sandwich ordered looked nothing like the picture in the menu and was basically a pricey cold sub, the salad was only slightly better. The service matched the food, slow and bland. There were only two other tables with diners, but only one server working them all, while a handful of other staff stood around the bar and talked. Might be an ok place to go for a few beers pre- or post-game, but skip the food and eat at the ballpark.
    I wandered into this place about 5 minutes after they opened on a Monday afternoon. Fresh off a plane and needing something to eat. Staff was terrific (poor things, barely had their own coats off). For a bar, the food was pretty delicious. Loved my salad. I'm sure most people don't come for the food, but this place earned a thumbs up. Thanks to the staff for being so welcoming.
    Stopped here after a game for a few pints. Wasnt too impressed with anything, seemed like an average run of the mill bar/pub. The bartenders didnt pay much attention, and they wouldnt even take my $50 bill as payment. Dumb. And the washroom was flooding as well, but nobody seemed to care. Had a beer and left, didnt even bother to order food.
    Wide selections of interesting Pizza combinations, some are interesting and unique. Salad was weak- wilted and dorm food quality. Beverage selections was decent. Service was slow on a not so busy day. I'd go back just for pizza again, or maybe take out works better.
    The Sweet Caroline pizza was my pick. Not a ton of toppings, but if you like a thin-crust pizza that doesn't overwhelm, this is for you. I love caramelized onions and enjoyed the pairing with fig jam, goat cheese and prosciutto. The server was super friendly and got out food out quickly so we could see the Red Sox. It was nice being in the pre-game crowd but still able to hear your table conversation.

Similar places people viewed in Boston

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods