Photo of Panificio Bistro & Bakery in Boston, MA, US
Photo of Panificio Bistro & Bakery in Boston, MA, US

Panificio Bistro & Bakery

American Restaurant

Panificio Bistro & Bakery14
brunch • sandwich • eggs benedict • soup

Panificio Bistro & Bakery has 21 Tips

Throughout the day, hefty sandwiches come with top-quality ingredients on fresh bread, though the Sicilian pizza is hard to resist.
    We just got back from a five day visit to Boston and had found this great little place on Charles St just down from the Liberty Hotel. This place was great and we came back multiple times for lunch and dinner. Every meal was delicious and the service could not have been better. On top of that - they have a wonderful selection of baked goods which were top notch. I certainly gained some weight eating at this place - so good!!
    Just off Beacon hill up from the common this little bakery serves reasonably priced food freshly cooked. Good portions too. The stuffed French toast with fruit was fab
    We stopped here because we were six people and this place had a table available that fit all of us. We all got egg sandwiches and we're pleased with the taste and the price. The coffee was very good as well.
    Found this place whilst exploring Boston on our first night. The food was very good with something for everyone. The lady that served us was very friendly and helpful as we had in our party people with allergies. We were all too full to eat dessert but they looked very good. Would have visited again but the restaurant was too far from our base.
    Food was not memorable- toast was stale and barely edible. However, the real issue was the horrid service. My order was incorrect the first time- wrong food on plate. I took that up to counter and it was resolved fairly quickly. Then I realized I did not receive bacon- which was an add-on that I had paid additionally for. My husband went back up to the counter and they followed him back to the table to look at our bill, verifying that I had ordered it. I said to server that I wondered if I had the someone else's order and she said I didn't, but that they had "changed" the paper in the kitchen. She was not pleasant or apologetic during this exchange. She brought the bacon to my table 10 minutes later and silently put it down. I never received a "sorry for the inconvenience" or apology of any sort.
    Bustling,lively bistro with that bright American twist to it.Lots of choice of dishes and very large portions - be prepared.Perfectly placed on the main Beacon Hill thoroughfare too.Delightfull
    What a find Had a superb breakfast My husband ordered blueberry pancakes which were full of blueberries and grea light batter I went for the granola which was topped with fresh fruit strawberry and mango Save room for delicious pastries
    Went for breakfast which was very nice, and large portions. It's a nice place too with plenty of space. The experience was let down for us due to the service of the order taker who showed no interest in giving us a nice experience, nor tried to be pleasant, compounded by me having to remind her she had forgotten to bring my coffee. This came along soon after with a scowl accompanying it. So nice good but they could do better on service
    We stopped earlier for pastires which were great. After checking out the Charles St. area we went back for lunch and my husband's spaghetti and meatballs were great (very large meatballs) and I had the Duck Confit salad. It was one of the best salads I have ever eaten.
    We lucked into visiting here. We wanted to go to JP Licks, so I looked on Google Maps to see what was nearby and saw that Panificio was a block away. The neighborhood is really nice, with interesting Beacon Hill architecture, trendy shops, etc. We were on the early side, so the place was mostly empty. The restaurant is super casual and laid back. So it was surprising that the food was so interesting and good. My wife had a gnocchi dish, and I had a personal pizza, although the menu did have heavier, more elaborate entrees. We also shared a salad. Everything was high-quality and delicious. The bread that came with the meal was excellent (given the name, I guess it has to be!). I would definitely eat here on our next visit.
    Waitstaff was lovely, and I would go back because of them, but the waffles were especially underwhelming, no hint of vanilla or lemon, or any flavor at all, so I would not recommend them. The cream puff was perfect, as were the apple turnovers. Our breakfast sandwiches were hearty enough, with delicious melted cheese. Worth a visit, just not the waffles!
    Love this place! Delicious breakfast and lunch options. The bakery goods are great and honestly the best fruit cups. Everything always seems fresh. I highly recommend and I also have a reminder that this place is packed during many weekend hours.
    Ok for a breakfast, a little too rustic and not great value but it's ok for nearby John Jefferies House hotel if you don't like their continental breakfast
    A popular place to go for breakfast/brunch. However, it is so popular that you have to stand in line to order food and stand in line again for a table. Not the place for a relaxed leisurely breakfast, but if you're running and on the go, give it a try.
    My wife and I had the steak and fish tacos. They were some of the best tacos we have had. The atmosphere is very relaxed.
    Three of us went here for lunch on a Sunday. The tarragon chicken sandwich was excellent, though a bit overpriced. Crowded, so we were happy to get a table. Charming atmosphere
    I went here for a quick lunch with my daughter, and enjoyed the quick service and variety of options, including vegan for my daughter. The food was prepared to order, fresh and delicious. The atmosphere was cozy and relaxed, the place kept very clean, and friendly staff. The only drawback is the price which will prevent me from going there again.
    Place looks like it should be homemade, comfort style food for lunch. I was told the grilled cheese sandwiches were great but was attracted by the Terragon Chicken Salad sandwich per the owners recommendation it was delicious. Also had a homemade lemon square. The chicken sandwich was ample in size but essentially tasteless. The lemon square was way-too sweet.
    easy to get in most times. Breakfast is my favorite meal here, you can take it to go or sit down. The atmosphere is charming.
    Happened upon this place for breakfast by accident. Really happy to have found it. Great selection of breakfast fare at good prices. Place very busy , full of locals which is always a good sign. Upmarket district. Friendly service, would imagine it's as good for lunch or dinner also. Food fresh and well cooked. Would recommend highly...

Similar places people viewed in Boston

• Bruegger's Bagels