Dat Dog

American Restaurant

Dat Dog74.5
late night • crawfish • duck • fries

Dat Dog has 27 Tips

Awesome hot dogs. Good bloody mary's and beer selection.
    Even if you’re not a hot dog person, you can certainly be a Dat Dog person. At this gourmet hot dog shop, the usually rubbery and mystery dog is replaced by a gourmet sausage, with options ranging from Italian, to kielbasa, to German, and so much more. Can’t decide what toppings you want? Opt for the Chef’s Special, which changes daily and never disappoints.
    The famous Dat Dog! They have a large amount of assorted sausages that come with any topping you can think of. Even crawfish etouffee! Their buns are the best in the city. Pictured is the Duck Special - blackberry sauce, bacon, mustard + jalapenos and their Cheddar Bacon Ranch Fries
    awesome guiness dog with andouille sauce and cheese and fries with bacon, cheese and ranch dressing.
    The bread makes their dogs! Alligator and sea dogs are my faves. Share their white trash fries with a friend.
    Bring cash
    All the hot dogs your heart (and stomach) could desire. Also sausages and other sorts of deliciousness. goo.gl/ssoc8n
    Just go! Do it! Great balcony! Great dogs! I had the duck dog. I will hac=ve it again as soon as possible!
    Oh my... That was good! This is not a typical small hot dog people! It's a large duck sausage in a fresh bun, covered in what appears to be blackberry/bbq type sauce and mustard. Not sure what else. I had to eat it in the car, with a white shirt on the way to the airport. Nope... I did not allow a drop of that goodness to go to waste! I wish I had more time there, would have had another! Got to have that special! I'll be back!
    We came to NOLA to escape hurricane Irma. Great little place with undoubtedly the worlds best brats and hotdogs. Love this place.
    Dat Dog is a fun restaurant. They serve a lot of different hot dogs. The hot dogs are a bit high priced considering one does not really fill me up. They also have trivia nights on Tuesday. There is a large outdoor seating area and service has been quite slow the several times I have been there.
    We went to Dat Dog knowing the dogs were pricey. The one we liked the best was the sea dog which was beer battered cod with tomato, onion, mustard, and tartar sauce. We also had the son of a saint, the bacon werewolf, the buffalo chicken, and the guinness special. We also had an order of chilli cheese fries and regular fries. Good food but expensive.
    Can't seem to get service no matter that I've been sitting here for a hot minute. There was no line, then a line, now no line. There is two white girls that look don't know what is going on. There is a black girl who obviously works here sitting at the bar on her phone. Can I get service??? Wtf. It can't be that hard, it's Dat Dog. Went up to the register and ordered two beers because these kids can't figure out what it means to see someone sitting at a bar. I also ordered fries. I wonder if they will arrive. Not impressed at all. This place dirty as well. Fruit flies everywhere and generally kind of dirty. The location on Magazine is much better.
    Really good, inexpensive and open late. That kind of sums it up. It's excellent for the late night munchies after a night of drinking. Probably best for young people as the staff was extremely alternative, tattoos, piercings, etc, but professional.
    This was exactly what we needed for a late night dinner! Great dogs and sausages and a full bar with great beer! Wish we could go again and again!
    Cool little corner shop right off Frenchman St. Shrimp etouffee on a hot dog - who would have thought? Wife and I loved it!
    Here with family for dinner and the dogs were excellent. We ordered three different types of dogs, Cheddar-Bacon-Ranch-Fries, Cheese Fries, smoked Bratwurst and it was more than enough food for three
    I had been several years ago and decided to go back with my 20 year old daughter. She is kind of a picky eater but decided to try the gator dog. I had the German dog and the duck dog all were excellent. Not having a clue what to top our dogs with, we left it up to the chef and was impressed with the favors. These are not your average hotdogs. They are about $8 a piece but well worth it.
    Staff was incredible! They told us about Hotdog Happy Hour, which is a great deal. Plenty of choices and great gluten-free options.
    This place was packed on a Friday night, stays open late so you can get your fancy dog after a night of drinking. A ton of options, we got the loaded fries and some hot dogs, delicious! Has a great second story porch overlooking Frenchman's street, perfect for people watching.
    I could go wish a 4-star due to fact I'm not usually huge on paying $10+ for a hot dog, but as skeptical as I was, I had to admit this was a good and big meal for the price. I had the werewolf on my first visit and have stopped by every time Ive been in town since. Definitely worth a lumch time or late night visit for some good old grub. Amazing stuff, sauerkraut and all.
    My daughter was craving a hot dog....we had no idea the adventure we were in for when someone we were in the elevator with suggested Dat Dog. We had a party of 11 and we're heading home from a weekend in NOLA....our last meal didn't disappoint. Must try the Haute Dogs....the crawfish etouffee dog was delicious, I liked the cheddar bacon ranch fries better than the crawfish etouffee fries (enough to share). Lots of topping options for your custom dog order. Full bar and vegan options available. I would go back! Guy taking our order was very helpful. Just need to fix the fans outside and the menus and tables felt sticky.
    Had a rally fun time picking out type of dog. Huge variety of offerings. Everything was great. Definitely will return. Eat inside or outside. Great place for a family or quick lunch/dinner. Loved it!
    We were in a rush and wanted to eat something quickly while on our way to Tulane for an event, and we stopped in for a bite to eat. Wonderful menu, very creative menu with a number of options. Everyone did their own thing, and based on what they said - the chili dog is great, the Chicago dog is authentic and wonderful, the sausage is amazing, the chicken strips got a big thumbs up from our picky 10 yo, and my vegetarian niece loved their vegan dog. Significant selection of beers on tap and in bottles. The fries were crisp and fresh. The place offers indoor and outdoor seating. I just wish the AC was stronger inside, but aside from that one tiny detail, the experience was great and would definitely go back for more.
    I ordered a GBLT and my husband ordered a sausage with bacon/cheese. We also got an order of WTF nachos. The buns they use are awesome. My chicken was very juicy but throughly cooked. Onions were mistakenly put on my dog. I'm not really sure why since they don't normally come on that dog and I definitely didn't order onions on it. The nachos were tasty, the chili was semi spicy. The patio seating was nice.
    Very informal place with lots of options of hot dogs - not just beef and pork but duck and gator too!
    Who knew how much you can do with a dog. The werewolf dog with bacon, tomato, sour kraut and creole mustard was fantastic. Be prepared to get messy. I think I used 10 napkins. My hubby had the chicago dog. The French fries were also nothing short of excellent. Would highly recommend the trip. Just on the other side of the French Market.

Similar places people viewed in New Orleans