Blue Nile

Nightclub

Blue Nile24
kermit ruffins • brass band • frenchman street • great music

Blue Nile has 22 Tips

Catch an afternoon or weeknight show for the less crowded version of a Frenchmen Street hot spot.
    music
    1 Like
    I can't believe I haven't rated this place yet! If you visit (or live in) New Orleans and want incredible music you must head to Frenchmen Street...and for sure go to the Blue Nile! For me this is the best place for authentic, original music with some variety of genres...jazz, funk, soul...and is tops for bringing in the most incredible artists. The ambiance and energy in this place is also incredible. Great drinks and staff too. You will remember your visit and return every chance you get.
    Awesome venue to see Kermit Ruffin and his band. Great music and good time meeting people and making new friends. My husband and I danced, I danced alone, and I danced onstage with a group of girls that I just met that night. Everyone was happy! Happy!
    My husband and I had fun dancing and people watching. The drinks were NOT stingy with the alcohol and everyone from the servers to the other patrons were friendly. It's a fun place. We were there at about 8:30pm till about 10pm and it was just filling up when we left. Don't forget to tip the talented bands while you're there. Have fun and be safe!
    We got there early and not full, the band was great and we stayed for 40 minutes, space to move and seating as well, good range of beer. Great way to end the day and relax
    Went here because a local told us to. It was kind of average but I did like the balcony. The Funk band was good, but I was looking for more classic NOLA jazz.
    Had so much fun watching live music here. Very upbeat and great drink prices. The place gets packed by 11 so get there early.
    Would have loved to listen to music, but some electrical issues preventing them.from.playing. Now that wasn't there fault but keeping us there for an hour and not saying anything was.
    My wife and I had a great experience here. The driver who dropped us off here, he gave us a tour of the surrounding area that the local singer Kermit Ruffin lives and performs at. Once we reach the Blue Nile, Kermit Ruffin was getting dropped off. So we got to meet him personally. He was very down to earth. We walked in with him and some of his band. He put on a great show,plus Pops, the sleeping giant John Whitfield did great.
    We went to see NOLA legend Kermit Ruffens. $15.00 a head for a great artist like Kermit, at a classic NOLA culb. Can't be beat. The bartenenders are helpful, and we managed to make our way to the front of the stage. Laid back that night no drama, nice adult crowd. We enjoyed the night.
    Always enjoy going down to Frenchman St when in NOLA. Bars and music are plentiful and great. This location is a great music venue. Open floor plan with room to move. Beer selection is strong as well. I will be back to Blue Nile next trip to NOLA.
    We heard this cool cat playing as we walked by, we backed up, and walked in. Wow!!! I had never heard authentic blues live. This dude was the amazing!!!! The vibe was laid back but the bar stools are a bit uncomfortable easy fix though just dance all night. Lol
    Kermit Ruffin, The Brass A Holics, the New Breed Brass Band... are my favorite to name just a few; Nice decoration, nice employees, good music, good atmosphere always and the balcony room is also amazing. Big Chief Monk Boudreau is used to play there. Don't miss this place on Frenchmen !!!
    I visited the Blue Nile two nights in a row on March 25 and 26, 2017. There was a $15 cover charge on March 25th to see an established, at least locally well-known band. There was no cover charge to see an equally great band on March 26th. The drinks were reasonable $6 for a Tito's and tonic. Drinks were great. Fun place. I recommend going to the Blue Nile on your NOLA visit.
    Full selection of bottles and draft. No cover on a Monday night. Lots of room to dance and tables to sit.
    Walked in and heard a fantastic singer Mykia Jovan Soft clear voice sings blues and a little pop....She is a local with a big future ahead I hope. The venue is an open floor with a stage that seems to highlight local talent
    For a break from Bourbon Street, head over to Frenchmen Street for some live blues or soul music. Blue Nile is always a reliable bar for great music and a fun atmosphere. Trombone Shorty and a few other famous artists frequently perform there.
    Stopped in on a Monday night and saw the Brass-a-Holics. What an amazing experience and a phenomenal band to see if you are looking for a high energy brass band with no cover charge!!
    amazing live jazz music which you can dance to or just sit back have a few drinks and just listen. the drinks were great and bartenders were very friendly. probably my favourite jazz bar on frenchman street
    Horrible! My two friends and I all bought drinks from the Blue Nile Balcony upstairs on 1/20/17 and something was wrong with each of them. They are obviously filling liquor bottles with water and liquor. My gin and soda tasted like perfumed water. My friend's Grey Goose was definitely not that and my other friend's tequila drink was very watered down tequila. It's sad they would do this and ATC board needs to check this out. What a waste of money. I guess they thought we were drunk tourists and would not know the difference. Wrong!
    With lots of choices on where to listen to music and partake, this was a solid pick on our stroll down Frenchmen St. A great sounding band playing different styles of music and in of the largest rooms to get comfortable and relax. With many places on Frenchmen, walk along the whole three blocks and let the music take you inside what sounds good to your ears.

Similar places people viewed in New Orleans