Photo of Haymarket Whiskey Bar in Louisville, KY, US
Photo of Haymarket Whiskey Bar in Louisville, KY, US
Photo of Haymarket Whiskey Bar in Louisville, KY, US

Haymarket Whiskey Bar

Nightclub

bourbon selection • dive bar • skee ball • urban bourbon trail

Haymarket Whiskey Bar has 20 Tips

Yes, this is a unique place with a lot of bourbon on the menu. I found the pours long, but over priced as compared to other area establishments on the Urban Bourbon Trail.
    Where to begin? Maybe with the eccentric decor, stickers, head mounts, and wall of beer taps and bottles. Maybe with the peanut dispenser, or the jukebox, or the heavenly rows upon rows of whiskey to choose from. This has instantly become my favorite bar on the planet. The bartenders are friendly and carry the knowledge that needs to accompany such a vast Whiskey selection.
    Haymarket is a can't-miss spot every time I visit Louisville. If you want to be dazzled by an incredible selection of rare whiskies, there are few bars anywhere that can compare. The vibe is great, the staff is knowledgable and happy to answer any of the million questions you'll probably have about the different marks of America's Native Spirit. Plus, you can get in a little Skee-Ball action if you need to sweat out some booze before your next round. I advise preparing yourself to spend a little more than usual, and it will be worth it. They have bottles on their shelf you're not going to find back home.
    Sunday Funday, following a friend's wedding. Best Manhattan ever. Super chill, skee ball, personable bartender. This would be my spot if I lived in Louisville.
    Stopped by as part of the Urban Bourbon Trail tour. The bar is as advertised, lots and lots of Bourbon! It was a eclectic crowd and a lot of fun. It was a little hard to talk due to the volume of the music, but otherwise a good time.
    This is the best Whiskey bar in Louisville. I have never seen more barrel pick at a bar. Do not look at the front and think I'm not going in there. You will miss the best gem in Louisville when is comes to bourbon and whiskey. This is a place to go for a nice pour or a good cocktail.
    After a disappointing visit to the bar at Louisville Slugger Stadium, we had a great experience at this "punk rock "dive bar. Don't expect wine, they only offer one white and one red. Their bourbon selection is extensive as is their draft beers. They have many examples of cask strength, single barrel bourbons. I had the bourbon style flight with an excellent, heavily wheated Elijah Craig.
    We went in and asked for advice and the bartender was no help. I didn't take it personally because he was rude to the group next to us also. I know it's a dive bar but they should act like they care that you're there.
    We always stop here when downtown. Cold beer and vast array of bourbon. What more could anyone want. Clean bathrooms would be a bonus, no bonus here.
    This is the place to enjoy a nice glass of your favorite Bourbon. There is nothing fancy about this joint, just local place for fun.
    The Haymarket is listed in every bourbon magazine or Bourbon bar review you'll read for Louisville. It's a dive and it's AWESOME.
    So.. you want a dive bar with simple pop culture stuff tossed around with a great selection of bourbon, and a bar staff that makes you feel like you are intruding on something else important they have to do... go ahead. I found the Old Fashioned.... boring.. and the attitude of the bartender was crap. We were recommended this place from a local, so maybe it is just a locals place?? Maybe we showed up at the wrong time?? But.. for me.. this was a pass.... and will not return... that same good selection can be found at other places within walking distance.
    This is a great place with a vast selection of bourbon. It is definitely a hole in the wall type of place. The environment isn't for everyone...
    We went to this place to check it out because it was right beside our hotel. It's a great little place with a huge selection of bourbon. The only thing was that the bartender while efficient was not friendly at all. Maybe he hates tourists? He should get an attitude check. Otherwise the place seems cool.
    All whiskey all the time! Amazing whiskey selection - I'm not even a whiskey drinker and I found 3 new whiskeys I now love. Well worth a stop to this little dive bar complete with a jukebox! Stop by and talk hockey with Matt as long as you are a Blackhawks fan!
    Great dive bar!! Lots of personality and loads of whiskey! They also have a fantastic beer selection! I'm a bb gumballhead fan and it's hard to find but they had it!!
    They have everything bourbon and whiskey here. They have all the rare stuff, and yes they have all the Pappy if you want to pay for it. Customer service was great. I had a bourbon flight and a amazing Rye Old Fashioned.
    This place is certainly a place to visit if you are in the mood for a bourbon selection. Some reviews state over 300 varieties, I can believe it. Bar staff are friendly and willing to offer advice to bourbon amateurs. Definitely worth a stop if you are visiting, or even if you are a local.
    Our group of twelve visited for a fundraiser. We were quite impressed with the decor and atmosphere. The staff and volunteers were great. The place is much bigger than it looks from the street.
    The Haymarket Whiskey Bar is the best bourbon spot in Louisville. We came here back to back nights. Great bartenders and best selection of bourbon I have ever seen. Paul was the best, he made our party even better.

Similar places people viewed in Louisville