Eggsclusive Cafe

American Restaurant

brunch • frittata • hash browns • crepes

Eggsclusive Cafe has 20 Tips

25 days ago
    I visited Eggsclusive for the first time today and really enjoyed it. The menu was so enticing I had a difficult time choosing my brunch entree. Of course we started with a Mimosa and may I just say....that Strawberry Mimosa (OK, mimosaS) were delicious!! Our food came promptly and the service was outstanding. The food did not disappoint. We had sausage gravy and biscuits, pancakes, ham, eggs and fabulous hash browns. There were so many other items we wanted to try but a person can only eat so much. My only suggestion would be to offer a smaller omelette option. Five eggs is too much so we steered away from ordering them (especially since we both wanted a different kind). The wait staff was very attentive as were the manager and owner. A place like this would be so very welcomed in Bloomington...we need more great locally owned food options. Seriously, if you're in Sycamore visit this place!
    a month ago
    Eggsclusive Cafe has a great variety and selection and the food is delicious. Great portions and delicious coffee! Their service is fast (they take your order on an iPhone and send it immediately to the kitchen) they frequent the table to ensure your cup is never empty. Dining here reminds me of eating on vacation, the atmosphere is pretty, music is nice, service is great. Only downfall is the prices are higher than most breakfast restaurants but their services picks up where their prices let down.
    a month ago
    Atmosphere: Dim, sterile, noisy. The Help: Very pleasant and attentive. The Menu: Lots of selections but a bit confusing. The Food: Huge portions, hot, well prepared, tasty. Coffee: Hot, flavorful. Bacon: Very bacony. The Price: Reasonable. Would we go again? Yes. Do we recommend that you give this place a try? Yes.
    Huge portions of delicious food. We had breakfast there with two grandsons - both of whom LOVE to eat but are already developing their sense of taste. When the youngest one's plate arrived, his comment was "I'm sorry, I ordered the small." The waitress laughed and said, "You should see the large." As the other plates were served, we agreed. It was amazing we were able to clean our plates but the food was so good, we sampled eachothers food and kept eating. One problem is that it is very hard to get in for breakfast. There are always lines on Sunday mornings waiting outside. Very pretty decor.
    Very disappointed with the menu. Most upscale breakfast restaurants offer gluten free options but not here. Also, no chicken or turkey patties or links, only pork. Also, I've never seen a charge of $2.99 to sub out fruit for hash browns before. The prices are high for the value. The server was ok but seemed stumped when I asked for all the ingredients to be cooked inside my scrambled eggs. Instead slices of avocado served along side my eggs. I was told it couldn't be done. Oddly other restaurants are able to do it. Next time I'll go back to a place that offers more healthy options.
    I seriously have never ordered anything here that I did not love. Portions are huge so you can take home leftovers for another meal! Fall pumpkin pancakes with cinnamon butter are the best! Service is always great and the people at the front desk are super friendly! Freshly squeezed OJ from a really cool machine will entertain any young ones! Can get a little loud in here as there is always a breakfast crowd on the weekends.
    Very nice restaurant on the North end of town. Everything is fresh, well made. Portions are more than generous. Only drawback is they are a little pricey.
    If your in the area, google the address & get over there for Breakfast. Great food - service & ambiance. Just do it, and you'll be glad you did. Nuff' said!
    I ordered the fresca italiano omelet on the menu. You then choose a "potato" and "toast" choice. I chose hash browns and rye toast (thick) to complement my order. The service is gracious, quick and friendly. The food was very good. A little too heavy on the sun dried tomatoes, but that comes down to my personal preference. I had a portion of my food at the restaurant and then ended up having 2 more meals with it at home. Definitely huge portions. My friend and I ended up staying at the restaurant for 4 hours. We had to catch up on 30+ years! The staff was very polite and never pushed us out. Note: We were there on a Monday and it wasn't busy. We would never had stayed that long if there were people waiting.
    Great food, great service. Slightly more expensive than other, but well worth it! Portions big enough that your next meal is already made!
    I usually go here a dozen times a year as I travel thru the area often. I have never had anything but top notch, friendly service, and high quality delicious food. I have had many different items, and all have been excellent. The owners are there and let you know they appreciate your stopping in. If you are in the area, this is the place to go.
    I'm hesitant to go to any breakfast place in Dekalb/Sycamore on the weekend but give credit where credit is due. It was just my wife and I on a very busy Sunday morning and our wait time was minimal. The servers were attentive and we never felt rushed. The food came out super quick and the mimosa was delicious. The host to the busers to the servers were all friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this place.
    Great food and for someone like me who likes a large breakfast this is your place! Great food, nice atmosphere just a great place to take your family or just go yourself.
    We have never had a bad meal here! And count on taking half your order home because their servings are huge. It's hard to get past my favorite Eggs Florentine, but their pancakes, waffles, crepes, omelets, skillets, you name and they do it well. Their lunch menu is inventive too. And a bowl of their soup with sour dough bread is enough to fill you up. The staff is very friendly and will bend over backwards to please.
    Eggsclusive has been my favorite place to get together with friends for many years. On my most recent visit I learned that they have significantly changed their menu. The wraps and salads that I have enjoyed in the past are no longer on the menu. The updated menu only has breakfast items. For breakfast lovers, this will not be a concern. Because I don't enjoy breakfast foods, I struggled to find something to order and left unsatisfied. I hope they reconsider this decision, but in the meantime I will be hunting for another place in Sycamore to go for lunch.
    Visiting daughter at NIU and she suggested the restaurant Eggsclusive Cafe. It was in a strip mall so I really didn't think it would be that good but I was pleasantly surprised. My husband and daughter are pancake experts and they were raving over them and how good they were. I had the cinnamon french toast and it was delicious and really didn't need any syrup. My daughter had the skillet and it was so much, it could've fed 3 people. Their coffee was great and I will definitely visit again.Our waiter was so attentive.
    Surprised more motorcycle groups haven't found this place. Been going here for years and love it. Nobody leaves here hungry!!
    Nice fresh atmosphere complete with quick service of super sized tasty meals, desserts, and snacks. Family, business luncheon, solo it all works here. Every visit will satisfy every taste. One drawback the doors are only open for breakfast & lunch.
    The most excellent food, great service, and best coffee in town. Better come hungry: the helping are large. It is noisy in there, for some reason, and if the restaurant is full, conversation can be difficult.
    This place is the best breakfast place I have been to. There is plain old combinations and wonderful "gourmet" options as well. There is something for all ages and tastes. There is not a bad item on the menu. Everything is fresh, amazingly prepared and presented. The portions are larger and very satisfying. You have to visit! Even the oatmeal is an event and extraordinary!!!

Similar places people viewed in Sycamore

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods