Scofflaw

Restaurant

Scofflaw24.5
logan square

Scofflaw has 15 Tips

I used to hate gin until I met this place. Very affordable cocktails.
    Warm up to the fireplace in the slightly disheveled Victorian-style back room with one of their well-balanced gin cocktails for one of the most relaxed, intimate drinking experiences in Chicago.
    We stopped by Scofflaw for a pre-show cocktail. If we didn't have the tickets in our hands, we would have stayed to enjoy a few more cocktails. We sat at the bar and enjoyed the atmosphere while watching the bartender expertly mix a signature cocktail and a solid, dry martini. Shame we had to leave.
    We came here for drinks to end the night. Cute, eclectic urban outfitters interior with exposed brick, chandeliers, etc. But limited seating since it was packed. Sat outside but not the same experience. Creative with cocktails, but it took >30 min to receive one after I ordered
    Full disclosure, I don't make it over to Logan Square too often. I simply get stuck in my Lincoln Park rut. We went to dinner at Giant and decided to go down the block to Scofflaw for a drink after dinner. If we weren't the oldest people in the bar, we were close. That said, we had a good time hanging out with the hipsters!
    interesting decor and very hip place. I was looking for another place to try for cocktails and ended uo here. had the pork belly dish with the egg and was good just needed more pork belly in it. my drink was real good and tasted nothing like gin but like a margarita. forgot the name of it but they serve a lot of gin...
    As you enter the dim bar filled with people sitting barside or at wooden tables you have to wonder, but this place is known for its highly inventive craft cocktails and it does not disappoint. We chose to sit in the light filled room adjacent to the bar where your grandma's couches serve as comfortable seats. The small table in front of the fire place is a coveted spot and claimed soon after opening at 5 pm. Food is available but we came for the drinks--gin, vodka, bourbon, tequila craft concoctions that change on a regular basis. Not the usual sweet fare but these appeal to a more sophisticated pallet. Nolet, a fabulous Dutch gin is served here--a connoisseur's delight. Make your choice and feel the wonder.
    Great drinks and atmosphere, loved the chocolate chip cookies at midnight. Very nice service, all in all a fun evening!
    Great drinks and variety. Good quality and great price. Staff were very helpful and made great suggestions.
    So after so many time my friend and people told me about this bar I decided to go on a Wednesday night. My and my BF were looking for something in Logan square and stopped here and for my impression was totally amazing. Loveeeeeeee This place is such a hipster, cozy nice bar. We ordered just 4 drinks and small plate of ham and cheese but was so good both things. Drinks were only 8 dollar very cheap for been craft drinks and food only 4 dollars. I really loved it and planing to go very often.
    The drinks are awesome! If you want a mixologist, Victorian, hip, foodie place, this is it. It's not huge, but the staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is so cute. It's a first come first sit place, but if you can find room to stand, the servers will serve you, too. The food menu is not huge, but it's pretty good. It's not an average bar menu, which is great. Not a place for a large group of people.
    Nice place with lots of room to sit and talk with friends. It was all upscale and decent $8 prices. Tonic is homemade so the gin and tonic is a killer. We had burgers, fries and mizuna salad. HOWEVER, the saltiness overpowered all the food. No wonder the waitstaff keeps buzzing around and refilling water glasses from their fancy glass water bottles. Really wanted to have the much praised blackberry-lavender sorbet with ginger granola that I have read about in reviews. They didn't have it available. Might drink here again; won't dine.
    Great drinks, fun decor, good music. If the menu were bigger, this place would be perfect. This is definitely a great place to go to make drinks that you cannot make at home.
    We found Scofflaw after not getting into Violet Hour and then almost getting sucked into those horrendous Division Street bars. It was the perfect spot for a drink on a Saturday night. And at midnight the staff brings around fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
    A gin bar? Amazing! A gin bar that has both smooth and sweet cocktails? Even more amazing! A gin bar with $8 cocktails? Near perfection.

Similar places people viewed in Chicago

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods