Revolution Brewing

American Restaurant

Revolution Brewing44.5
burger • fries • bacon fat popcorn • wings

2323 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60647, US

Revolution Brewing has 24 Tips

Great beer / stout selection.
    recently immortalized by the local director Joe Swanberg with his movie about the craft beer scene, “Drinking Buddies.” Sip a beer named for the likes of Eugene V. Debs or Gerry Adams, president of Sinn Fein.
    Drinks good. Food meh.
    Great beer, good to great food and great ambience.
    I've been here several times and it never disappoints. Terrific beers on tap all from their own brewery located not too far away on Kedzie in Chicago's Northside. You can choose from at least 20 different crafts-many limited edition brews. They are constantly changing so always a fresh tasting experience. They don't offer flights but you can get as many small pours of 2-3 ounces for $2-$3 each. The food is great - I had a burger with beets which I thought was both unique and tasty. Lots of choices with which to experiment. They have a two story dining room. First floor has a huge bar and a bunch of room for table seating too. The second floor has a smaller bar but lots of table seating. Looks like the building had some sort of theatre in it at one point because the upstairs has a small stage. I love the décor too. It has a "converted loft" look with an overall rustic feel. The ceilings are made of some sort of turn of 20 th century tin decoration. Maybe this was an old store, bank or pharmacy back in the day. A couple of drawbacks. 1. It gets very crowded almost every night. I don't think they take reservations so it can be a long wait. If the upstairs is booked for a private party, the wait time is further exacerbated. 2. Parking is a mess. It's all paid street parking so good luck finding a space in the neighborhood. I will keep coming back because I love the beer and the food. It's a super fun place for couple and groups.
    I don't like their beers, which is what they're known for, but the food is amazing here. I had some bacon with a giant German pretzel and cheese sauce and it was amazing. I know most people come here for the beer, but try the food you will love it.
    Great brewery in this neighborhood. Not that I really know the area. Whilst visiting partaking in local fancy, we were ripping it up having drinks and having a grand ol' time. Food was superb, staff were pleasant, and beers were ice cold and delicious. This place was down the street from a friends place. Would love to visit again.
    I've visited twice, both times on my way to ORD on a Friday afternoon. A great end to my business trip. I've only had beers and they were excellent. Some day, I hope to sample their food. A nice space, cool neighborhood, easy to find, and great staff.
    We went fairly early in the evening, before it got too crowded, and the hostess found us a perfect table by the open window. The portions are very generous and there seems to be something for everybody on the menu. Very friendly staff. I'd come here all the time if I lived in Chicago!
    We had a good time there with friends from Chicago. They have great beer and drinks and kids will do fine there. The meal was good and the service as well.
    I am likely a bit biased, but this may be one of my top 5 places to visit in Chicago. Excellent beer, atmosphere is good, can be loud sometimes. The food is always great. The menu changes frequently which keeps it fresh. Generally good service as well. If you are visiting Chicago and want to grab some locally made beers and great food, this is where I would suggest you go.
    While staying in the Logan square area of Chicago, I ventured out for dinner and a drink at revolution. On a Thursday night at 8pm, this place was packed but quickly found a spot at the bar. 2 dollar generously sized samples of 20 beers on tap and though I didn't try them all, I didn't try one that wasn't amazing. Beers on offer run the gamut from light pils type beers all the way to deths tar, an inky porter that is an adventure not to be missed. Full size pours are only 5 bucks but one can sample their way through to a pleasant buzz until you find your fave... good luck! The food was equally awesome and reasonably priced and despite the crowd, came out quickly and piping hot. Steamed mussels and a giant hot pretzel with the best beer cheese I've ever had. Service was spot on and attentive, I never waited more than a hot minute for a refill. The clientele was typical of the younger hipster crowd found in logan square with couples, groups, and many solo folks like me. And this is Chicago, so the friendly vibe and pleasant conversation made me feel right at home. Close to the California blue line and only 20 bucks to uber it back to downtown means an easy and safe way home. Revolution also offers tours and tastings at their actual brewery which I hear are equally awesome. A do not miss experience!!
    This Logan Square pub has products from Revolution Brewing along with pub fare. The service was fast and the food was as expected. The atmosphere is appropriately edgy and pretty noisy. The chatter volume was at time distracting. But, we enjoyed a fine beer and nice lunch.
    Bacon cheese popcorn cooked in bacon fat is delicious!!! The rest of the food was good, too. I had the workingman's burger, with well-cooked bacon and beefy hamburger. The description of the beer I had said it had a smoky finish, and for once I could taste what the writer was describing. My son had the pork and pineapple pizza and my wife had a sausage sandwich. Thumbs up all around.
    This place is great I'm so glad we found it. They brew their beers in house and they have a great selection. The food is also impressive, I had a skirt steak arugula salad and it was fantastic, especially for the price! I also love that you can get samples of the ales and are able to take cans of it home
    If you are in the area do yourself a favor and stop in and enjoy the food and good selection of craft beer. Our group had the fish and chips, steamed mussels and several rounds of beer. I enjoyed the Cross of Gold and others at the table had the Bottom Up Wit Ale along with the Crispen Blackberry. If you like craft beers and good food stop in and enjoy.
    The beers and foods are frequently changing and always good. I couldn't ask for more in a brew-pub. Worth a (re)visit.
    Went for the beer and left impressed by food. Would have given 4 stars except slaw was bland and short rib had entirely too much fat on it. The pork chop was killer and other people's burgers looked great.
    Really good assortment of beers - really Good IPAs with a nice assortment of stouts and barley wines to break it up. Small well edited wine selection including a Cabernet from Paso Robles (one of my fav areas for CA wines)! We added in the excellent cheese plate - the pesto was really impressive .. overall an excellent place to spend a few hrs!
    Great local pub in the nearly suburbs of Chicago headed towards Glenview. Went to this place with a good friend from my college days, great selection of drinks and the food looked good (although didn't sample because the beers were awesome!). Great beer selection with friendly bar staff. Enjoyed a quiet evening with an old friend. Would come back here on a future visit to try some different beers. Easy place to reach from downtown Chicago using Uber or Lyft, blue line CTA trains within walking distance.
    Great brew pub. Wings, mussels, arugula pizza all great. Also had sweet potato cakes which were pretty tasty. Fast service and great beer make for a great place to stop in.
    Stopped in on a Friday for an after dinner drink. Very busy, but the service was good and the craft beer selection was excellent.
    I'd enjoyed several of Revolution's beers over the years, so a visit seemed like a good idea when we wound up staying in the neighborhood on a recent trip to Chicago. Lots of temptations on the menu, including standard pub fare like burgers and fish & chips. Do start with the Bacon Fat Popcorn, truly unique. I was considering the mussels (daily special) but decided on the Grilled Steak Salad instead. With a reasonable portion of tender skirt steak (perfectly medium rare) along with potato wedges, pickled onions, and gorgonzola added to the greens, this was a very tasty concoction that would go well with many beer choices. We enjoyed our dinner so much that we wound up returning for lunch the next day. The lemon-infused olive oil on the Arugula pizza was, again, something a little different, and soooo good. The staff was great all around, very friendly and just the right amount of attention. And even if you're not right in the neighborhood as we were, the location is easy to get to...half block walk from the Blue Line (California).
    I went here at lunchtime on a Monday, but even so it was filling up fast by the time I left. There are several beers to choose from, all Revolution originals, and some of which are only available at this location. I went for several samples in order to try as many as possible. There's something for everyone from light, sessionable pils and lagers to mindbending imperial IPAs and stouts, through sours, Belgian ales, wheat beers and more. They even have craft spirits and an IPA cocktail if you are so inclined. I didn't eat there but the food looked good. If you are in any way interested in beer then put Revolution on your itinerary. It's a bit far away from the downtown area, but if you go here you can enjoy the shops and cafes in the surrounding area and make a day or afternoon of it.

Similar places people viewed in Chicago

• 6 Degrees