Photo of Kona Brewing Company in Kailua-Kona, HI, US

Kona Brewing Company

Brewery

brewery tour • great pizza • beer sampler • fish tacos

75-5629 Kuakini Hwy
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, US

Kona Brewing Company has 20 Tips

We arrived on a Monday evening. It was very busy, but there was room to squeeze in at the bar (located in the back of the restaurant). We didn't have to wait long for our table (less than a drink's wait). Each of our dishes was very good. All had wonderful shredded pork and mango slaw. The pork tacos were the favorite.
    They have live music on some nights Many choices of pizzas and beer 3 samplers of beer They sell kegs and growlers for parties And have concerts there too
    I have tried a number of the sandwiches....simply cant go wrong, and my wife really enjoyed their pizzas.
    This is one of Kona's best pubs to stop in and grab a delicious beer. They have a wide selection on tap of favorites, seasonal, and small batches. The food is good and the service is friendly. Choose your dining time wisely, as your wait can be quite long at peak hours.
    On vacation in Hawaii, so go where all the tourists tell you to go, right? Fun place, long waits, but worth it. Food was very good, but I think you come here more for the people watching and the namesake. Glad we went and we'll keep it in mind when we come back.
    Took the tour that was short and informative. Was able to sample different styles of beer. Tour persons were knowledgeable and clearly love their product. Had the "Lemongrass Luau" which was refreshing in the heat. We also had the Lavaman and the pipeline Porter to round out the beer types. The pizza rolls were very tasty and garlic cheese bread was cheesy/salty to balance the beer.
    Went for my birthday. It was fun. Good food. Big plus that the seating area was nice. Food was average. The pizza I had was the Greek pizza. I wouldn't recommend it. But the poke was yummy. Had a great waiter with a sweet tiny Mohawk. But at the end if the day it was average.
    My husband and I visited Kona Brewing twice during our 4 day stay on Hawaii. Both times it was very busy. The second time we were stopping for a last meal before getting on our plane home and we were a little worried that we would be running late because of the wait, but we made it to the plane in okay time. My husband really enjoyed the beer, he especially liked the stouts. He was disappointed he could not get bottles of the stouts to take home though. They do sell growlers if you are so inclined. Pizza was very tasty and we also had a wonderful brownie dessert. They are working on expanding, hope to go back some day and see their expanded location. We were pleasently surprised to find some of their beers in our grocery store back in WI.
    Great food. Good selection of beers on tap. We are veggies and got enough options on the menu. We visited here twice in 3 days.
    Beer: The beer is top great, different flavors and seasonal beers. Service: is a bit slow but nothing out of the ordinary on an island vacation where nobody is in a rush. Tour: the tour was adequate but not particularly unique Food: the food has a big variety that goes with the beer, the pizza is probably the best item on the menu
    Hubby and I went to the Kona Brewing Company while in Kona and had a pleasurable experience. The menu is comprehensive, the wait staff informative and attentive, the brew offerings plentiful. Took advantage of the opportunity to do sampler tasting with my meal and took advantage of it. Considering the "buzz," pun intended, KBC has received for its beer here stateside, had to have it on the list. I also took the opportunity to rate the beers on my Untapped app (I will be looking forward to seeing the Koko Brown Ale and the Lemongrass Luau someday in stores near me.).
    Great beer selection, highly recommend the Mango Blonde which is a seasonal. The pizza is always a good choice. The service was lacking this time but this is usually one of our favorite spots when visiting the big island. We will definitely be returning.
    Came here for the beer for my husband and the rest of the family enjoyed the food! Our favorite were the pizza rolls. So delicious!!!! I would come back, just for these!
    Come hungry and you'll leave happy! We stopped in for dinner on our way to the hotel and we are so thankful we did! We were able to get a table outside and enjoyed a delicious meal. The pizza and caesar salad was some of the best I've had (outside of Chicago, of course!) Brad was our server and he made the dining experience even more enjoyable!
    We decided to head over to the brewery for lunch and hopefully do a tour. During the week, they only do a couple of tours a day, so I suggest calling to get the times. We missed it. The service was ok - jobs performed adequately, but nobody really seemed to be enjoying their job...it was just work. That is partly why the mid-scale rating. My beers could have been served a bit colder, but the flavor of them were all good (I did a beer flight). The food is fine, but not something that knocked my flip-flops off.
    very interesting tour of the Kona brewery, including tastings of their daily brews. Very educational tour guide explained the process, ingredients and variations of brews. We stayed for dinner in the adjoining restaurant which was also delicious.
    As we are staying in Kailua-Kona, this quickly became our regular final stop of the afternoon. All sorts of interesting, seasonal beers, which suited my island vacation mood perfectly.
    We were excited to go here being from Indiana. Pizza was really good (I had the pepper popper pizza) my 8 year old daughter loved it here (she had the pepperoni pizza rolls) which were enough for 2 people. Nachos were okay, beer was good, server was worried my husband was going to steal the glass his beer came in after he had asked why they were different than the ones in the shop, she said they were going to be discontinuing them soon, so as soon as he set the glasss down after finishing, she snatched it up and walked off-it was kind of humorous, a little offensive but maybe missing stuff comes out of their check? Anyway, I would definitely suggest stopping here for an evening dinner, it's a very fun atmosphere and the other workers were very friendly.
    I've travel a lot, this place is the only place that charge you $10 for a tour for their factory. Every where else is free from Dominican Republic to Japan. The food is ok, drink was ok. I wouldn't missed it if I didn't go there. I won't be going back. Dominican Republic Bugal, I would go back in a heart beat, all their merchandise is a lot cheaper inside the factory than outside. Kirin Beer Tour, it was amazing!! My husband asked, why would you buy that junk that cost more here than outside.
    After several "meh" meals on the island - I was starting to get worried...then our luck changed! We went to KBC for a late lunch, and YUM!! So good we went back 2 more times with the fam before the trip was over!! The beers were awesome with a nice selection of IPAs, and the pizzas were tasty with crispy-soft crusts and the pepperoni rolls, ahi tartare, Kailua pork plate, nachos, garlic cheesy bread were all delish!! Highly recommend. Great service. Great food. Great beer selection. Great prices! Win-win-win!!

Similar places people viewed in Kailua-Kona

Browse Breweries in Nearby Neighborhoods