goofy cafe & dine

American Restaurant

goofy cafe & dine14.5
brunch • eggs benedict • french toast • loco moco

1831 Ala Moana Blvd
Honolulu, HI 96815, US

goofy cafe & dine has 21 Tips

Good breakfast spot near Hilton Hawaiian Village.
    1 Like
    We learned of this restaurant from a local. There was a small wait (20 minutes) but they were very efficient about seating us and serving us. The food was amazingly good for brunch.
    We visited this cafe on our first morning in Hawaii. I love the sign in system which lets you see how many people are waiting for a table. The food is excellent & so is the service. We visited every day for breakfast after being impressed on the first day. I tried the eggs benedict, omelette & acai berry. My husband also had the French toast. The available berry was excellent & have to say my favourite. would recommend this place
    I ate here five or six times in one week. The food is super yummy and the staff are actually pretty cool once you get over the strict, regimented way they run the place. There are too many good things on the menu to list, just ask the staff what's good and what's popular. You can't go wrong.
    We had to queue to get in for breakfast and thought this must be a good sign. Overall breakfast was good. Small menu which made a nice change and in Hawaiian style. The open aired Cafe was cute and cosy. I had a delicious omelette served with a muffin and dressed salad. The salad was a little weird given it was rocket based with dressing for breakfast?? The pancakes and fresh fruit was delicious! My husbands breakfast was a loco moco? basically rice, gravy, burger patty and fried eggs. This was a bit out there, hard to compare to anything he had ever had but not something he would order again..Overall a good experience
    We had breakfast here. It was very good. It's a pretty small place, so there may be a small wait. The food is worth it.
    Went for breakfast and then a few days later for lunch. The food is fresh and tasty, and the staff helpful and friendly despite how busy they are. It's popular so go early and be prepared to queue, it's worth the wait.
    Located next to our hotel, we went for breakfast. Once we were seated it felt like we were being rushed the whole meal. Food came out before our drinks but they got our drinks very fast after they realized their mistake. Food was average but fun little restaurant and atmosphere.
    Our favorite restaurant of the trip. We wanted to go back for every meal. We had 6 different dishes and they rated high with the group. You will truly enjoy the fresh food and "rooftop" dining.
    My daughter and I ate here on our last day in Honolulu, I think we walked by it twice before we found it as it is located on the second floor above a gift store. The place is small, the food is fresh and served with a smile. My daughter ordered green spaghetti, the spaghetti was actually green. I ordered the fruit bowl made with fresh local fruit. Both dishes tasted good.
    Whenever we travel we try to eat local. This place is right next to the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The food is really good and priced right. It is small so show up early or you will have to wait.
    My colleague and I tried Goofy for lunch our last day in town. What a treat! Great ambience on the 2nd floor and wonderful food. Both of our meals were really fresh and tasty. Will go back if I get back to the island--best place I ate whole week.
    This was more of an experience of breakfast with a Hawaiian twist. It was very good and a nice change from hotel breakfast. The portions were large - very glad that my husband and I shared a fruit bowl and eggs benny. The benny was on Taro bread and served with Kale, etc.
    This place is great! My wife and I were staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village for a convention and we were so happy to find this place that served great dishes with local ingredients. We are here several times during our stay and ended up bringing friends from the convention with us as well. From poke bowls to French toast to Cobb salad, everything we had was delicious. It's a small place and must get crowded, but we showed up at odd hours and always got seated quickly The service was great too and they have a nice selection of local beer.
    After reading reviews ahead of time, we knew there would be a wait going in. Wednesday morning around 8 a.m. And there were already 4 people on the wait list. Turns out the wait was only 20 minutes or so. (With a baby that can seem a lot longer.) The Cafe is cozy and has a nice ambience. We had a Hawaiian Omelette and a Surfer's omelette. (One vegetarian, one with Portuguese sausage.) Both omelettes were fantastic. Great local ingredients, fast friendly service, all at a reasonable price. We also ordered an Acai shake for the baby, but ended up drinking it ourselves when he was more interested in playing with a spoon. Probably the best breakfast we had in Hawaii, and one of the best omelettes I've ever had.
    Great little brunch spot! They don't have many tables, so expect a wait, but it felt like a great treat of fresh food.
    While it's been 2 years since our trip to Honolulu, I can't wait to go back... and my first stop will be breakfast here! We ate here almost every day in the morning. Best acai bowl and french toast I've ever had. Just wish I could buy the coffee they serve online... so good!
    Goofy cafe is really good, but be sure to get there early. 1st morning we got there at 8:30am & waited 40 minutes. They open at 7am, be there. My daughter loves the fruit bowl, the smoothies & they have the best French Toast. Great breakfast spot. Enjoy!
    Family all enjoyed this local place for breakfast. Food and service were very good with a variety of healthy fresh fruit breakfast available. Relaxed ambiance with local decor.
    We had lunch there. Local food and so yummy!! Such a great place that we would definitely recommend. Staff was very friendly.
    Would highly recommend this cafe! You may have to wait a while outside before you can get a table but once inside the service is fast and the food is delicious. I had the eggs benedict with tomato and avocado on a taro muffin. It came with purple sweet potatoes and kale and everything on the plate was tasty and fresh! The papaya juice was good too but expensive for what it is. Will definitely go back here if I'm ever in Honolulu again.

Similar places people viewed in Honolulu

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods