Photo of The Warehouse River Street in Savannah, GA, US
Photo of The Warehouse River Street in Savannah, GA, US
Photo of The Warehouse River Street in Savannah, GA, US

The Warehouse River Street

Historic Site

oysters • hush puppies • fries • po boy

The Warehouse River Street has 20 Tips

My grilled chicken sandwich was over-cooked and tough. Another person in our party ordered the 'special' sandwich. It was huge, but nothing but lunch meat. We could have gotten that at home.
    The restaurant was amazing. Great oysters plate. You should try both oysters and shrimp plates. They are all yummy. Beer is also very nice. Staffs is so nice
    My friend and I stopped in for a quick bite and we are not oyster eaters. We ordered a hamburger and french fries and both were excellent. Service was fast and the staff was very friendly.
    Visited Bernie's for a quick lunch on Saturday. We sat at one of the high tables to the side of the bar. We were served by a very friendly member of staff who was quick and very efficient. We ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and fried shrimp tacos. Both were really tasty and just enough for a lunchtime snack. Definitely recommend.
    Went here for dinner with my mom and her friend. The service was extremely slow and our server was never around. The food was just okay - maybe 3 stars, but the service took a star away. I had fried fish tacos. They had good flavor, but there was barely any fish... my mom's fried shrimp was pretty good. The coleslaw bland. Overall, eat somewhere else. There are lots of better choices on River St.
    Really enjoyed our meal at Bernie's. Portions were generous and wait staff were friendly. A big thank you to our waitress, Nicole for the how to eat crawfish lesson!
    We loved Bernie's! Excellent food and great atmosphere! We had the fried shrimp and they were the best we have ever had. Great relaxed bar with energetic and helpful staff.
    Best raw oysters ever. Large and delicious. Great atmosphere. Friendly waiters. A must if you like raw oysters.
    The wait for the food was too long, I was honest and told the waitress she forgot to ad one beer to my bill I paid cash and 3 days after they charged me for the beer $3 on my card and I paid $6 on cash too sad
    Oysters, Raw, Fried, with a few sauces and a decent beer, this is an excellent choice. Folks sitting near us had a seafood boil, siad it was also very good
    The oysters are huge and delicious!! Fun, friendly atmosphere and good food and on the riverfront. We enjoyed the riverfront so much, we went to Bernies at Tybee Beach when we visited there.
    Amazing fried oysters! Great atmosphere. Everyone was very friendly. Wound up eating there twice it was so good..
    I am always skeptical of River Street tourist spots and was very pleasantly surprised by Bernie's. We sat at the bar for lunch and really enjoyed it. Food and beverage were both great. Service was good and friendly. The bartender seemed happy to be there and it showed in her service!
    Popped in here to check out the really cool dive off river street and was excited about the menu. The one thing we thought was going to be super delicious (buffalo fried oysters) they ran out of... now an oyster house that runs out of fried oysters is a little odd... anyways we ordered the buffalo fried shrimp instead... very disappointing, soggy and not crunchy. At the same time I ordered the chowder, which never showed up, but I didn't want to bog down the one server because I think he was the only one waiting tables due to someone not showing up for work... I think the kicker to the whole thing was two staff members sat at the bar and watched the server struggle instead of help. . . I think we could have had a very different experience if it was a different day.
    It's a dive.. don't go for a fancy meal. But the ambiance is very much Savannah. My husband had the crawdads and fried oysters...Loved them!!! You can bring kids but be prepared.. This is very much a bar!!! We will be back.
    We waited over 50 minutes for food once we ordered. We have eaten here before and it was very good. That was not the case this time. I ordered the Philly cheese steak which was supposed to come with peppers and onions but did not. The Bernie's Special was soggy. The kids got the chicken tenders that they did not eat. They were the frozen out of the bag type and were dry. The chips and salsa/cheese dip was good. The servers seem over worked. I am not sure what changed at this place.
    Went looking for a dive bar along the river while the girls were shopping. Happened into Bernie's. Nice selection of local draft beer and a lot of others in bottles and cans, including a PBR tallboy for $2.50. John recommended the oysters. They were fresh and tasty and huge. $15 for a dozen. Can't beat that.
    Did couple dozen Oysters at bar very good quality and lots of options on how they can be prepared ...Good variety of beers and overall menu has good number of choices other than Oysters. Cool pub atmosphere very low key relaxed Server was Peggy she was Hoot great sense of humour along with great service. Defs will return and defs recommend this place if you enjoy Oysters
    Stoppe in for a beer and ordered a bucket of oysters "we shucked our own" Best deal in town we had over 4 dozen oysters for a total of $25.00 , beers were cold , good selection and $6 each. Order the oysters slightly steamed, makes em easier to open and adds a great flavor. Excellent service.
    Loved the atmosphere here except the great music (oldies) was too loud. I got the shrimp basket and it was really good. Over a dozen, lightly breaded shrimp, a couple of good hush puppies and a mound of fries! My daughter had a dozen oysters on the half shell and she said they were delicious. That dish was very popular in the room as I looked around and saw several customers eating oysters on half shell. She also had the seafood gumbo which was very good.The sweet tea was real good, too. Service was quick, polite waitress who seemed to be the only one working the floor. I would highly recommend this place. Looked like a local favorite and was recommended to us by a young lady a few doors down for good oysters.

Similar places people viewed in Savannah

Browse Historic Sites in Nearby Neighborhoods