Photo of The Warehouse River Street in Savannah, GA, US
Photo of The Warehouse River Street in Savannah, GA, US

The Warehouse River Street

Historic Site

oysters • hush puppies • fries • po boy

The Warehouse River Street has 20 Tips

22 days ago
    The best oysters, shrimp and crawfish that we had while visiting the area. We love seafood and always look for a great place to eat when we are visiting the coast. This did not disappoint. If you love great seafood but want a low key, fun place this is it!
    a month ago
    My mom and I split a dozen oysters (6 raw, 6 steamed) and a half pound of peel-n-eat shrimp. Both tasted very fresh. Our total came to under $40 including a 20% tip. If you’re in Savannah, pay Bernie’s a visit!
    Stopped in for a delicious fried shrimp based and the BEST bloody mary. Our server told us it was prepared with from a secret recipe and that it was delicious - and it was ! Everything was great: food, service, and atmosphere !! Definitely worth a visit.
    a month ago
    My husband and I just finished 2 dozen steamed oysters and drinks that were fantastic! Bartender Greg is great! Can't beat this place!
    a month ago
    Ordered a bucket of oysters for a late lunch along with a couple of drinks. My wife and I enjoyed this unassuming oyster bar. Great riverfront atmosphere with friendly staff and good service.
    a month ago
    Good food and cold beer. That is what they strive for and exactly what you get. Good riverfront atmosphere.
    a month ago
    When you walk by the place looks like a hole in thhe wall. BUT this place hase the BEST oysters on the half shell and the BEST steamed shrimp. You can get 1/2 or 1 dozen half shels or you can get a bucket of unshucked. They are super fresh, pluse the horseradish they give you is fresh and hot. Steamed shrimp is steamed to perfection and you can get 1/2 or 1 pound. Both super yummy We ate there multiple times and all times the service was good and the oysters and shrimp were fantastic.
    a month ago
    Had the cheese stuffed shrimp and it was life changing! Delicious!!!! Husband had fried oysters and he said they were the best he had ever eaten!! Went twice while we were there!
    a month ago
    Very good casual dining on River Street. There are a lot of very expensive places with so-so food but Bernie's delivers great seafood at a reasonable price. It's a casual bar-like atmosphere with a few TVs. We stopped in for lunch on a Saturday after a disappointing experience the night before on River Street. Bernie's delivered - the service was excellent and the food was great. We spent 32 bucks (only one adult beverage in there). Worth the stop with so many over-priced options in that area.
    We had a group of about ten and our server did a great job. The food was great and I was very impressed. This was my first visit but will plan to go back the next time I visit Savannah.
    One of our favorite places to go when we visit the River. Laid back, cozy and great food. Always. Oysters, hush puppies, po' boys. We'll always pop in for a drink and some comfort food!
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Oyster House. It's a brick interior with character and a centrally located bar. Great drinks and very good quality seafood selections. Very reasonably priced drinks and seafood items, which make it a definite stop for those budget minded visitors. I would definitely recommend this establishment for great food on a budget!
    Very much enjoyed the bucket of oysters as well as the crawfish. Delicious hush puppies and cold beer. Although frankly I'm surprised my head didn't explode from crappy 80s hair music. Journey, White Snake, Def Leopard followed by some crappy Eagles songs. In short, the food was fine but the music had me ready to dig my oyster shucker into my ear canal.
    The seafood & service were excellent and pub atmosphere was terrific. Will be back for sure next visit to Savannah. Prices were reasonable as well.
    We had a party of 5 and had no problem being seated. Everyone had seafood and we loved it. They had a wide selection of beer on draft and reasonably priced drinks. We will be visiting them again.
    I felt the food was average bar food. Everything is fried or "steamed" according to the menu. I asked if I could get my food steamed without seasoning, they said they could not accommodate. I thought this was strange. I used to work at a oyster bar that used an actual steamer, this would have been no problem. Disappointed in service regarding this request. The atmosphere was fine, typical bar/restaurant.
    Slipped in right before the kitchen closed. Got some pretty good raw oysters. The rest of the food was just ok. Might try it again during regular dinner hours.
    I've been here a few times to eat and drink at the bar. There's a good atmosphere here. Their oysters are really good. I've only had them fried. I've also stopped in here for a quick bite and ordered their chili cheese fries and they were good as well.
    This place looks like a hole in the wall, which is part of it's unique style. While I was a little uncertain when I went in, I'm glad I took a relative's advice to try it out. I had AMAZING fried shrimp. For the price, the amount of shrimp was great. Our server was personable and did a great job. While I did not eat the Oysters, I have family members who have and were very happy with their food. Give this place a shot- it's way more than a hole in the wall.
    We stopped here passing through to Hilton Head. Great atmosphere. The waitress worked hard and made sure our cups stayed full. The food was decent tasting. We ordered the shrimp and oyster po' boys, and the oyster tacos. The only complaint is they skimped on the number of shrimp and oysters on the sandwiches.

Similar places people viewed in Savannah

Browse Historic Sites in Nearby Neighborhoods