Photo of Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon in Savannah, GA, US
Photo of Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon in Savannah, GA, US
Photo of Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon in Savannah, GA, US

Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon

American Restaurant

chicken fingers • pizza • fries • potatoes

Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon has 20 Tips

We arrived just a few minutes before the change of breakfast to lunch. Decided on breakfast , it was excellent, Bacon, egg, cheese on biscuit served with spuds & drink, all for $6 . Waiter "Whodini" was great. He was a pleasure to talk to . Really enjoyed this eatery.
    Restaurant was recommended by a friend. Not a disappointment, food was great and service good. The waitress was also tending bar as well so a little slow. She was very friendly and perky. Reasonable priced bar food right on the waterfront.
    Stopped for lunch. We were ahead of the lunch crowd, so expected reasonably quick service. That was not to be. We had to wait over 45 min for standard fare like sandwiches and pizza. Food was average but bland. Fried fish was greasy and we ended up returning it. Overall a bad experience.
    This was one of the first places we ate when we arrived. It was close by our hotel and right on the River. Our waitress was Sirenna and she was very attentive. There were 11 of us and we all had different menu items and needed different condiments and she handled it well. I had the fried shrimp, spuds, and coleslaw. The shrimp were fresh not frozen and the spuds were awesome. Sliced potatoes battered and fried delicious. The sweet tea was also very good. My friends had pizza, salad, turkey burgers, chicken fingers and it was all good. Please do yourself a favor and visit this place.
    This is one of those places you stop in because you are tired of walking and hope it does not make you ill or require a loan. It is dingy and old and grimy and the staff are barely efficient. We walked out after waiting 40 minutes for a mere cheeseburger. Help spent more time around back of bar on their phones than trying to work. Kitchen seen thru service window showed why I labelled this a greasy spoon
    The best chicken fingers you'll ever have and the honey / horseradish dipping sauce is out of this world! Cheryl is a great bartender too! Great service and great food in a nice atmosphere - what could be better!
    Thought we were going to have a nice lunch, but the burgers we still cold, food was gross except the fried sample platter. I eat everything and I couldn't eat this food.
    I'm a frequent customer of Spanky's on River street and I can't say enough good things about my favorite bartender Cheryl and the rest gang who are very friend, curious and professional......I drive from Bluffton/Hilton Head for my Pharmacy meetings every few weeks and make a pit shop for Spanky's legendary Chicken Fingers and Studs......this is a make stop bucket list thing for any local or tourist!!
    This guy was absolutely amazing. I wanted to go to Huey's but was glad my matron suggested this. This bartender name FIVE was awesome and fun. He made the start of my party a hit. Thank you so much for making my squad laugh
    I don't want to give it 3 stars but it was exactly what I thought. Most the food was deep fried. My son had the steak sandwich and said it was chewy and had no flavor. I had the turkey burger and I could tell it was a frozen party. Quite disappointed 😔 Our waitress was sweet tho. The place seemed to be popular among the tourists.
    Went in for the "original chicken fingers" and they were very tasty! Had an order of regular and Buffalo and both were tender and juicy. The recommended honey horseradish sauce is a must try. The fried potato slices were good. Service was good, everyone was very friendly, and would go back!
    Terrible service, really bad burgers. We just happened to stop in this restaurant but there are plenty of others to try. I would not recommend this one.
    We went here for lunch, and after a short wait for a table got seated in the back. We got tenders and a pizza, both were great. Spank Spuds were good too. Really good service. Will be going back anytime we can.
    First time in Savanah and happened to stop into the restaurant we ate at when I was a teenager. Sat at the bar and my bride and I each had a great bloodyMary. Bar keep Cheryl was very engaging and pleasant. Split an order of chicken fingers. They were awesome. Good place for all.tje tourists.
    we stop here every time we visit River Street. The bartenders are friendly and you can get a $2 draft on Tuedsays
    This is a large restaurant with lots of choices. The kids reported the hamburgers where excellent and the chicken fingers did not disappoint. They were busy and out waiter disappeared for a while - we had to flag down someone else for help at one point. Other then that, worth the stop.
    Freddy has been there for years and has many stories to tell. Fun atmosphere and would definitely would go back. Didn't eat there but seemed like others were enjoying their food.
    We thoroughly enjoyed our time here. We sat at the bar and Zack was our bartender. He was so nice and took the time to ask where we were from and told us of his Spring Break in Panama City not far from where we live. Our food was delicious and the service was fantastic. Thank you Zack for being a great host and making us feel so welcome.
    After our dolphin expedition we stopped in at Spanky's. The appetizers were excellent! Service quick and friendly. Definitly recommend!
    Four of us ate here and enjoyed it. We had four different meals and all four were good. We had pizza, appetizer sampler, fish and chips and chili and a hot dog.

Similar places people viewed in Savannah

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods