Photo of Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon in Savannah, GA, US
Photo of Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon in Savannah, GA, US

Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon

American Restaurant

chicken fingers • pizza • fries • potatoes

Spanky's Pizza Galley & Saloon has 20 Tips

a month ago
    We stopped by for lunch and it was delicious! We got the chicken fingers and spuds and a rum bucket. The spuds are like onion rings but with potatoes instead! Our server Mallory was attentive and friendly. A pleasant surprise was that our trolley guide had a $5 coupon!
    a month ago
    stopped here for dinner and service was very poor. food was just ok with average number of choices. the décor is not bad and might not be bad if you just wanted a drink
    a month ago
    We had an excellent experience at Spanky's! The staff was so friendly and made us feel welcomed from the time we walked in. The pizza was probably the BEST I've ever had !
    a month ago
    Just spent the evening in Savannah but this place was pretty good. The chicken and cheese pita is really good and the spuds are awesome. Well worth it.
    a month ago
    For great food, fun, laughter, and exceptional service, you have to visit Spanky’s. The food is excellent and the staff make you feel right at home! They have a great variety to chose from on the menu, and you can’t go wrong with anything they offer.
    a month ago
    It takes three important characteristics to make have a reputable restaurant. Having perfect location, service, and food are what it takes to create a perfect environment that will strive in the food world. Spanky’s fits all three criteria to the point and will impress you with the perfect combination for an amazing eating experience. Spanky’s has multiple across coastal Georgia. One being right on river street in savannah making it the perfect tourist spot to watch cargo ships pass and finish an afternoon off by visiting the many local shops located in walking distance. Another Spanky’s is in pooler not far off I95 which makes it a perfect stopping spot when traveling. This is my personal favorite because it’s an easy stop after going to the Tanger outlet mall. Another amazing location is Spanky’s beachside, which is right on Tybee’s beach so you can spend your day playing in the sand then enjoy a perfect meal. This gives anyone the option to stop while doing many activities and enjoy a wonderful meal. The next great thing about Spankys is there service. Every time you walk in there is always a smiling face waiting at the door ready to seat you. Even when you show up in the middle of lunch rush or a church crowd you can always expect to have a waiter who is nice and efficient with their work. The kitchen always gets your food out swiftly, but it is obvious that the take time with everyone’s order to make sure it’s right. Overall Spanky’s has service that brings you back time and time again. Trip advisor gave them the certificate of excellence in 2016 and includes many reviews such as this one “The food and service was great, so good in fact that we decided to try their breakfast the next morning.” (Robin G). The Final and the best part is the delicious food. Spanky’s has the world’s best chicken fingers hands down. They are the perfect cross between soft and crunchy and have mouthwatering flavor when dipped in either their homemade ranch or honey mustard. You always get a fresh cut pickle and their famous spuds with the chicken fingers and the are 10 times better than normal fries. James R. on yelp says “Chicken tenders are wonderful with the honey sauce. Spuds are delicious!”. Even if you’re not a chicken finger person there is plenty of options for you between the pizza and seafood anyone can find the perfect option for them. There are plenty of appetizers to choose from and all of them are great. If your 21 each location there is a bar that will serve up all your needs. That makes this an all-around perfect place for anyone to grab a quick bite. Spanky’s is one restaurant that always fulfills all your expectations for a great dining experience. The service and environment brings enjoyment to your meal. That combined with the amazing food makes for some great memories.
    Sat at the bar, had a few drinks, got a great burger and made some great new friends. Had a great time hanging out there for a couple hours!
    My husband and I took a weekend trip to Savannah and stopped in to spanky's for a bite to eat on our first night. The food and service was great, so good in fact that we decided to try their breakfast the next morning. We sat at the bar and I can't even describe how inviting and attentive our bar tender Cheryl was. The breakfast was even better than our dinner the night before. I will recommend this establishment to anyone I know that might be passing through Savannah. I would suggest that they sit at the bar and ask for Cheryl and most definitely order the spuds!!! AMAZING!!! I wish I could offer more stars to this restaurant, I was beyond impressed. I will make sure to visit this restaurant again the next time I am in Savannah.
    I have heard great things about this place from friends so we decided to give it a try. The place is pretty cool looking and the seats that are by the windows where you can see the boats going by are pretty cool and perfect for people watching. The waitress we had was very friendly and helpful since we were new. The food was OK, I had the everything hot dog and my wife had the basket of fried shrimp. We also had the potato appetizer and the nacho's and they were all OK, nothing great though. I would say if you have never eaten here before I would say try it, but we won't be eating here again. Nothing here made me feel like we had to come back and try it again.
    I placed a take out order here. The manager and staff was friendly...but It took way longer than expected to receive our pizza. When we opened the box, the pizza had an excessive amount of cheese. I didn't feel like waiting any longer so we took it anyways. I literally almost choked on the cheese. I couldn't even eat it. Waste of time and money. If you like your pizza extra extra extra extra cheesy, this may be the place for you.
    So, we ate here at the urging of my husband (who was not with us on this trip) because he had fond memories as a college kid...perhaps it is awesome if you're a college kid in Savannah to party? The chicken fingers were,,,,well.....chicken fingers. The "spuds" are simply battered potato slices...not crisp, just sort of, POTATOES. Not sure what all the fuss is about, but its fine if you just need something to eat. Don't expect to be wowed. It's sports bar food, basically.
    Delicious chicken fingers and the spuds are tasty, especially if you use the maple jalapeño syrup to dip them in. The service was excellent - super friendly.
    If you want Melt in your mouth pecan pie, look no further!!! This is to die for! I ordered this, along with my slaw dog and the pie was brought out before my food! I'm so glad it was! I had intentions on sharing but once I tasted it, I sure didn't want to!! I also tried the spuds, a beer battered potato slice and they were very tasty!
    I was recommended Spankys for their chicken fingers but didn't listen...should have. Pizza was overloaded with poor quality cheese and was easily the worst pizza I ever bought in a restaurant. Couldn't even eat it...left it. Staff seemed inefficient and overworked although there were plenty staff and empty tables. Long wait for food and had to tag waiters passing by for beers, silverware, napkins...my waitress vanished. Really seems like a tourist trap.
    We frequent Savannah often, it's one of our favorite places to visit. Not only do we enjoy returning to our favorite places we look forward to trying different restaurants. We were disappointed with the food and service. Our server forgot my glass of wine and when I reminded him, he said "ok" not sorry let me go check on it, just "ok" like he could care less that he wanted to be there. The pizza was ok, but the hush puppies were terrible...we didn't eat them, the entire order was left in the basket. Again, the server could care less. Spanky's is always busy because it's on River Street, but I'll definitely not be returning.
    Very friendly and fast service. We didn't realize it was almost closing time when we showed up, yet nobody tried to rush us.
    My daughter and I ate here during our stay in Savannah. The waitress was very nice and suggested activities and gave us a map with points of interest!! The food was delicious!!!!
    On our last day of vacation we stopped by Savannah's River Street and decided to have lunch at one of the many restaurants there. We were more than a bit wary because of a bad experience we had at another local eatery on our previous visit. So we walked into Spanky's and kept our fingers crossed. From our very first contact with the hostess, our waitress and throughout the whole experience we were pleasantly surprised and totally pleased.
    Cheryl was the bartender of the year! Myself and 6 other friends from college came into town on a random saturday and had the time of our lives. the chicken fingers are to die for with the honey sauce for dipping and the drink specials are great. This location combined with the open container ordinances made walking down river street the best option on the street.
    When in Savannah we stopped at Spanky's Great friendly service, quick good food. No reason to have lunch somewhere else. Not the best but not the worst. I will be back

Similar places people viewed in Savannah

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods