Photo of Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill in Savannah, GA, US
Photo of Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill in Savannah, GA, US

Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill

American Restaurant

shrimp and grits • seafood • burger • wings

Barracuda Bob's Bar and Grill has 20 Tips

a month ago
    Three years since I was last in Savannah & one of my must do things was to eat in here again. The wedge salad is insane! Blue cheese sprinkles, crispy bacon, pecans etc, yum yum. Also had the Guiness wings, incredible with the blue cheese dip.Wish I lived in Savannah! Very clean place, nice staff, want to go back but the 3000 miles will stop me for a while ;o)
    a month ago
    We went for lunch. It isn't real crowded during the week. That's was great and I have no idea how we missed this place on our previous visits. I had the shrimp and grits. There were plenty of nice sized shrimp cooked to perfection and the flavor was dead on. I also tasted the shaved calamari. They melted in your mouth, not rubbery at all. The general tsao's wings were also great; nice and spicy. I can't wait to go back.
    a month ago
    Fun place to try. Went on a Saturday afternoon in October and got right in.Fans watching football other just sitting around eating. They have a nice selection of draft beer and flights. We had Reuben's and Cubans which were very good. Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff
    a month ago
    We stopped for lunch. Good service, good food. Loved the soups, homemade fries, and the breading on the fried fish baskets was awesome. Good prices.
    We were hungry after doing the river boat tour so stopped in here for a late lunch. I ordered the fried green tomatoes & a grilled cheese for my meal, my daughter got the fried chicken sandwich & my grandson got a hotdog. The green tomatoes were very good as well as the chicken sandwich & hot dog but all of our fries were overcooked & my grilled cheese had burned. The waitress disappeared for about 12 mins so I cut off the burnt ends & scraped the toast to try to get some of the char off. When she came back, she grabbed the plates, handed us the check & took off again. We left hungry. I would not recommend them.
    service and delicious food. Very attentive staff. Our food was cooked perfectly ... Carolina trout for me, salmon for my husband. Would highly recommend this restaurant!
    We were starving and still had a few hours before our dinner reservations somewhere else so we stopped in for drinks and appetizers and the food was actually really good. I would recommend the gator tails and crab dip. I want to come back and eat dinner here during our next visit.
    Waitress was attentive and food was delicious. I recommend the gator tails, fried chicken sandwich and the classic Reuben sandwich. Also the fries are hand cut and piping hot. Yum!!!
    The fried green tomatoes are awesome! Also order the peacan trout! You won't regret it! We love the atmosphere and the staff is always very nice!
    The tuna appetizer was really amazing! Great location and I thought it was going to be a "dive" but it wasn't. The restaurant is nice inside with clean restrooms and several tvs which was great since I got to watch the end of the football game. The shrimp weren't heavily breaded or gross and greasy. Definitely a good stop for a cold beer and quick eats on a Saturday.
    Stopped by Barracuda Bob's for drinks and appetizers. We had a party of six and everyone agreed that everything we ordered was outstanding. We especially loved the pimento dip! The prices of the appetizers and drinks were fair, which can be difficult to find in Savannah. Also we had excellent service by Codi. We will be back next time we're in town.
    Barracuda Bob's has a great location right along the river and we found the food very well done and reasonably price. I had the seafood trio, which came with a large crab cake, seared scallops, and shrimp. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My son had the cajun pasta dish that was outstanding, nice grilled shrimp and pasta well spiced. It was delicious. Atmosphere and service were very good.
    Good, reasonably priced spot for “late night” (up to 10 PM) meal. We chose a fairly good crab and corn chowder served with crusty bread. We had asked one of the two young teenagers on staff if it was thin or creamy, and she said it was somewhat thick. In fact, this chowder was so thick, a steel beam wouldn't have moved had we stuck it in the bowl. It was disappointing, however, that neither of the two underage waitresses sitting idle at the entrance were willing to serve us outside even though the tables were free. Apparently outdoor service stopped at 9 PM even though other restaurants were still serving outside. I guess Barracuda Bobs prefers to pay its staff to hang out inside and encourage folks to order take-out at the bar. This is exactly what we did, finding a nice bench by the river to eat our chowder and decent Caesar salad.
    Food was good if unremarkable. Cocktails were pretty good. Blackened fish was a touch too spicy but all in all, a reasonable dinner.
    My fiancé and I were in town for a one night mini vacation and at the suggestion of one of the local pedicab drivers, decided to try Barracuda Bob’s. As many have suggested, the name is cheesy but both the atmosphere and food are great! When we placed our names on the list, we were told to expect a 25 minute wait and the wait was only 15 or so minutes. Once inside, I noticed how nice the atmosphere was and was also how impressed at how quiet the restart was for the hustle and bustle that takes place around it. We ordered the seafood fetuciniue and the swordfish steak as well as a crab dip appetizer. The swordfish was good but the fetuciniue was DELICIOUS! Our food also came much quicker than I would have expected. Our server, Makenzie was also very friendly and did a great job. For the price and the atmosphere, I would definitely recommend Barracuda Bob’s!
    The recent reviews seemingly portrayed a great relative newcomer to the River Street restaurant options. Unfortunately we disagree. This is NOT the place for fried seafood. Small portions of at best average seafood and a disappointing $8 wedge salad were an unwelcome surprise. Perhaps other menu categories are fine, e.g. sandwiches/ burgers, but other seafood restaurants in the area would be a better choice.
    My friends and I almost missed this gem because the name sounded like a typical tourist trap with horrible food. Luckily, we were pleasantly surprised. Everyone enjoyed their food (e.g., seafood broil, fried green tomatoes, fried shrimp, shrimp and grits) & drinks. The restaurant seems good for a date or family outing.. I highly recommend!
    Even though it was prime dinner time our group of 6 was seated immediately. Great service, food was great - fresh shrimp salad, and be sure to try the sangria.
    Barracuda Bob's serves excellent bar food at very reasonable prices. Service is great and fast. Food,here, is much better than some of the other restaurants on River Walk. Since it is a touristy area, many places charge extra for the location. Family friendly and clean. The portions are large, especially the shrimp salads. I would go back again.
    Was our 2nd night in savannah and we wanted to get some good seafood. Barracuda was one of 3 restaurants we were deciding on and we were very glad that we chose them. We order the seafood trio and Cajun seafood tortellini. The tortellini could have been spicer but that's a personal preference. Both dishes were very good and decent portion size. The service was great as well.

Similar places people viewed in Savannah

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods