Photo of Antico Pizza Napoletana in Atlanta, GA, US
Photo of Antico Pizza Napoletana in Atlanta, GA, US

Antico Pizza Napoletana

Italian Restaurant

Antico Pizza Napoletana44.5
pizza • pie • cannoli • san gennaro

Antico Pizza Napoletana has 24 Tips

Eater Atlanta editor Sonia Chopra reports that Antico "is by far the most talked about pizza place in Atlanta." Giovanni Di Palma makes a true Neapolitan pie — San Marzano tomatoes, bufala mozzarella, extra virgin olive oil — in his ovens imported straight from Naples. And it's not just the pizza that keeps people coming back to Antico. Scott Wiener of Scott's Pizza tours says, "This place has such a fun vibe and makes a solid pie that blends the Neapolitan approach with American sensibilities in an effortless way." The owners also recently opened a new gelateria and lunch spot. [Photo]
    Best pizza I've ever had.
    Amazing pizza which draws celebrities in like flies.
    It's an authentic Italian joint serving the best pizza in Atlanta. And it's BYOB.
    This cool little place had the best pizza I have ever eaten. Atmosphere is very casual and it is an older place. Informal dining at its best. Fast friendly experience and the place is always packed but fast service
    The menu was in only Italian so we had no idea what we were ordering. We ordered water (the free kind) and were told to go to a little hand washing sink to fill up our cup. That was a bit unusual. The pizza was good and very quickly served.
    Recommended by a friend. Was in Atlanta for a school field trip to the Dekalb Farmers Market, so thought we should try it out! Was not disappointed. You have to order from a counter and then find you a seat! The layout is very causal, like urban lunchroom! Found a table next to the pizza ovens! Very open restaurant, you can see everything! Pizza is a little pricey, but cheaper than Mellow Mushroom, but definitely worth it! Everything is fresh! My pizza was delicious! Went to their espresso/gelato shop next door and had an affagato to finish off the evening! Had a great experience
    Pizza was very good, but somewhat pricey for 14" pie. Parking is available, walk up to order pizza and community seating.
    Very flavorful and not greasy. Excellent Italian meat. Napoli pizza at its best! When I want a pizza this where I want it.
    When they run out of dough, you're out of luck. After Tech football games, the line snakes out the door. Great spot when it's blustery outside as the dining room is open to pizza ovens and gets nice and toasty. Crust is perfectly blistered, with an ample crunch/chew. VERY popular spot. The cannolis for dessert are outstanding. You can't go wrong with any of the pizzas, though we're partial to the one with Calabrian peppers and sausage. Nice that condiments are available for anyone who likes extra peppers/crushed red pepper. Very informal. Not sure if they serve wine now- their location in Avalon does.
    After hearing such rave reviews by others, we were looking forward to finding great pizza in Atlanta at Antico. We were very disappointed. While the staff was friendly, we did not care for the "bare bones" atmosphere. Long tables with benches (which my husband almost fell off of due to poor design), rolls of brown paper for napkins, and a very unclean floor with pizza all over. Not my idea of a pleasant eating atmosphere. We would not have minded the expense IF the pizza was any good. The crust felt like and tasted like warm flour tortillas, the pizza was dripping with oil, and the pieces of fresh basil and small pieces of sausage (cost extra) looked lost on the nondescript tasting cheese. We also tried the espresso in their cafe across the street. Another highly disappointing experience. Would we take the time and trouble to go back to Antico's? Resounding NO.
    I'm a huge fan of neopolitan pizza and have had some really good ones and some very terrible ones. The pizza here is about average. I've had better and I've had worse. The service is good but it's hard to find/get to if you are not from around the area.
    Every time I go to Atlanta, my first choice for a meal is Antico's diablo pizza and cheese pizza! Then I go across the street for the gelato! Excellent food! Fast service! Servers aren't friendly but very efficient! With pizza that good, who cares!
    Yum is all I have to say. Wonderful food and service. You can bring your on beer and/or wine. My favorite is the Capricciosa!!!!!
    This is certainly a unique experience for pizza in Atlanta. I'm not sure I totally understand the hype when it comes to the quality of the pizza, but it is probably more distinctly Italian than most American pizza places. It is important to know that you need to bring your own booze, which is actually kind of nice as its a heck of a lot cheaper than having to buy a bottle of wine there. Also, the seating is a little haphazard, but then that is part of the experience too I suppose. All in all, I'd say its worth visiting for the experience, but I don't necessarily agree with people who say its the best pizza in town.
    One of my riders suggestions led to our visit. All drinks imported from Italy. Best peach tea ever!. Pizzas pies were freshly made quickly in fire brick ovens. Decor was old world but comfortable. VERY unique place.
    My wife and I recently went to this pizza spot in Little Italy near Georgia Tech based on previous reviews. It definitely pays to read reviews before going somewhere because otherwise, we would not have known about the BYOB. So yes, we did enjoy our sausage pizza and a nice bottle of red wine we brought from home. The pizza here is good (I personally prefer a little more crispy of a crust) and it is seasoned well. But what I think makes this place such a good experience (and thus the reason it has such a high rating) is the very quick service, the BYOB, and the jovial atmosphere that this place has from how the tables are arranged to the upbeat music that is played loudly in the background. Considering that you don't tip anyone because you pay up front, the price point is actually good in my opinion. We will definitely bring our boys next time so that they can enjoy this experience.
    This wood fired oven is as good as it gets. Old world craftmanship, This is real pizza as in what you find in Italy. Byob (beer) or purchase premium waters and wine. Ample parking. For dessert walk across the street to their sister gelato shop.
    I can't believe that I was sucked into the reviews and hype of this famous "Italian" pizzeria. To start..let's just say if you enjoy sitting down and eating in what looks like a large school bathroom, then this is the place for you. When my order was placed, the rude cashier informed me that because the pizza is so thin I was only allowed one topping. Ok!? Secondly the tables and lack of service were awful. C'mon mister owner, If your business is that good(and it seemed to be just that) how about shutting the restaurant down for a few weeks and renovate. Back to the pizza..burned, bland and three sprigs of basil that added no flavor. The kids pizza at Carrabas is more authentic and flavorful that I just wasted $30 on. Finally, don't look up at the nasty yellow stained ceiling tile while eating this "famous Atlanta pizza" it just might change the amazing review you were gonna write on trip advisor. I'm an Atlanta native and this place was truly disappointing.
    Really had a great dinner! Super yummy sausage pizza, loved the sides of parma cheese, chopped garlic, sun dried tomatoes and olive oil.
    You can't go wrong with the classic margherita. It was very crowded when we went, and there was a long line. It moved fairly quickly though and rather than try to find a spot to sit down we took the pizza to go. It's a very casual atmosphere and good pizza.
    Loved the pizza. No frills dining but great authentic food; you can even bring your own beer or wine in with you. . This place is busy and finding a seat is the hardest part (long family style tables with either benches or stools). They deliver your pizza quickly.
    I took a small group for a quick and casual lunch - great choice! The pizza was quick, fresh and delicious - very rustic and authentic - and the atmosphere was easy and very laid back with communal tables, rolls of paper towels instead of plates, etc. It's not fancy, but it's a great new find in Atlanta!
    Been here a bunch of times and have never been disappointed. The pizza comes out very quickly and I love all of the little add ons with fresh garlic, peppers, etc. It's always busy at lunch but I have never had trouble findings a place to sit. Highly recommended for good pizza.

Similar places people viewed in Atlanta

Browse Italian Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods