Wood Tavern

Nightclub

Wood Tavern34.5
taco • cool vibe • hip hop • huge outdoor area

Wood Tavern has 23 Tips

Check out their FaceBook page to see about bands performing and be sure to check out the backyard beer garden. Thursdays are Bike Happy Hours for those who like to put the pedal to the metal!
    Best vibes and drinks on tap.
    Great bar with a BBQ grill in the back.
    I like the atmosphere and the energy. Great beer/drink specials and happy hour. Taco Tuesday serves free between 6-9PM. Smoking patio and indoor garage-like feel.
    Loved this place! We were staying down the street of this cool bar. We could enjoy the happy hour with good music and great atmosphere. We went there 3 out of our 5 nights in the neighborhood! Recommend 100%
    Had a great time here, music was awesome and the place was packed. My friend went in to get some tacos from the truck they have in there but it was closed. Beer was awesome and one of my faves. Can't wait to come back!
    Everytime I go back to Miami Wood tavern is where I go hang out for drinks and good beats! Theres always cold water free on tap and good oldschool beats played by amazing DJs. Watch out for amazing dancers!
    On the weekends it's party city here. They have happy hour but that's doing the weekday. The drinks are some what watered down but the music and venue is cool.
    Place itself is amazing, drinks are good, even though cup sizes are kinda small. Atmosphere is great including music playing, lights and this place being pet friendly. But customer service is poor, some bartenders are really slow and some are just unprofessional and are providing horrible customer service experience like the one lady to be mentioned in particular - Nadine.
    Went out with some friend and had a blast.. At first it does not seem as much... but walk towards the back and you will find yourself in another world and the place is pretty big.. Great MIX of music.. WE HAD so much fun! Will go again!
    Wood came up on a search when we were looking for bars to visit on our evening to Wynwood area. It is located opposite the wynwood walls exhibition area so perfect if you are heading in the evening there. It doesn't look like a great bar from the outside but looks can be deceiving as when we got in it opened up to a fantastic open space of 2 bars and dance floors. There are 2 rooms of different music but both hip hop and the music is fab! No entry fee but it is open late although be prepared to queue if you go after 11 but it goes down very quickly. Great place for a late drink and to hit the dance floor to some great hip hop. Drinks are reasonable too - $15 for 2 drinks! If you are staying in south beach then you will know you can't even get one drink for that!
    Security is aggressive & discriminatory didint to allow me to speak to the manager & escorted me out
    This was the coolest dance bar i have been too in the states, it has an out side deck that people dance on and wood bleachers for people watch the dance floor; the walls are covered in graffiti and art. the crowd was super diverse and offered something for every one
    Good location, felt weird at 5pm & at my age to be ID'd.. but hey ho.. it was good to feel 16 again.. good selection of beer & staff seemed pleasant; main fault is even though this is a terraced area outside it didn't seem to have a smoking or non smoking area.. the area is quite enclosed.. (and attracts a lot of smokers), well, my hair & clothes smelt like I had been back clubbing in Ibiza in the 90's..
    Enjoyed the bartenders company and suggestions about the area. Clean bathrooms. Very reasonably priced drinks. To top it off our great time, I left my phone on the patio. After leaving and realizing 30 minutes later it was missing, I went back to find two wonderful ladies turned it in and it was handed back to me by a bouncer. Thrilled by everyone's honesty and the experience!
    Ok so Wood Tavern is the epicenter of Wynwood. Located across the street from the Wynwood Walls, this place is a must if you're looking to get your drank on. Start here and then go bar hopping or end here, however you like, but you cant go wrong here. Super chill and laid back, complete opposite of what you think of Miami Beach and the douchie red velvet ropes. Only complaint is it gets really crowded if you arrive too late at night and during art walk, but then again which popular place doesnt.
    Honestly such a chill and dope spot. If you like your hip hop and mixture of people music and drinks go for it. I saw a lot of people of different ages but mainly younger crowd. Very fun and out doors they allow you to smoke. Smoke people even start dancing competitions. Urban fun and chilled!
    The vibe, the atmosphere in this place is great, music is amazing, happy hour prices are cheaper than other bars, bartenders are friendly and quick to serve you, the crowd is always friendly, all about the grown and sexy, I love this place.
    How do I review a place that I love this much?! Wood feels like a home away from home - every single time I step through the door, I feel like a part of the Wood family. From the bartenders to the bouncer, the Cooks manning (and womaning) Taco Tuesdays, and the random employees hanging out in the back - everyone I've encountered at Wood is friendly, open, and pleasant.That's what I think really separates Wynwood from other subsections of Miami - that feeling where everyone you meet is now your buddy. Wood has some sort of special going on every day - Taco Tuesdays, Vintage Video Games, Ladies Night, Art Nights, Happy Hours, Backyard Boogie, and random events in between. I like starting and ending my nights at Wood, with some hopping in between. If you haven't been here yet - why? Just hop in your car, park nearby, walk in and strike up a conversation with the nearest person you seem to vibe with - maybe over some Jenga? Your night has only just begun, but it will be amazing - thanks to Wood.
    Great crowd, great place to dance, have a beer, and play bingo which was hilareous. You see people from all walks of life, and people actually talk to each other here. Crowd is college to about young 40s. Loved the place.
    We just love this place...great music and vibe..laid back..non pretentious..decent priced drinks. The staff are great and super friendly.
    loved this place , everyone is acceptable and everyone is having fun, such a cool place, such a cool vibe , cheap drinks and snacks , cool people , totally loved it
    A cool trendy bar in popular Wynwood district. Plenty of choices for Beers and lagers. They do any cocktails too. Quite small but has a large outdoor area with street food m GREAT HAPPY HOUR!!!

Similar places people viewed in Miami

Browse Nightclubs in Nearby Neighborhoods