Sippers Coffee

Cafe

sandwiches • pastry • great coffee • friendly service

7643 Gate Pkwy
Jacksonville, FL 32256, US

Sippers Coffee has 20 Tips

14 days ago
    Much better coffee than Starbucks. Nice friendly staff and reasonably priced breakfast items but service sometimes a little slow
    a month ago
    I've been by this coffee shop many times and finally stopped. I had a large cappuccino. Price was about right. Nice and cozy coffee shop. Patrons were mostly college students. I'll definitely try Sippers again and plan to order a cold brewed coffee.
    Food was excellent and coffee was yummy. Nice, little quiet coffee shop and staff was very friendly. Will definitely be back.
    Sippers is a cute little coffee shop, run by a very sweet lady. It is a local favorite because of the service, and the coffee is never bitter.The taste really separates it from the coffee chain that so many people like. Sippers treats are yummy as well.
    This coffee shop has a drive thru and inside seating. Love it that they have so many delicious sugar-free syrups. The decor is retro eclectic and I love it. They do make homemade muffins and their lavender flavor is to die for. I wish they would have more regular variety including oatmeal or bran raisin, coconut lime, apricot or orange. Unfortunately it is Chocolate chip most days.
    A nice place to step into and have a very good espresso with a little treat. Friendly staff. Cute interior and clean.
    With it's eclectic decor a nice change of scenery for a quick lunch and coffee or drink and pleasant staff to boot.
    This is a great little coffee shop! Eclectic and relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff! I got a mocha and was very tasty! My husband got a regular coffee and steel cut oats, all was good!
    This place is awesome. It has a motley collection of decor and furniture that gives you the cozy feeling of coffee at a friends house. Whether you want to be in a reading nook surrounded by books or an isolated study cube, there is a place for you. A truly authentic cafe, with a dang good cup of coffee too. The food is also delicious, and made fresh. Check out the "pin-your-travels" map in the back and add a pin!
    The atmosphere here is bizarre with a hodgepodge of uncomfortable country furniture. The coffee is mediocre and served to-go in styrofoam cups (really?!). Our experience included poor customer service - no friendly hellos like I've seen touted. The guy working the register had no knowledge of what fresh bakery items they had. There is no chalk board list with the day's bakery items, which doest make sense. The bakery items were also mediocre. We went in on a Saturday morning and no one was there. The place just doesn't make sense for the location. We live nearby and won't return.
    DO NOT go here if you're looking for a good customer experience! Their coffee is mediocre, and their service is unacceptable. I have given multiple chances for them to redeem my business, but they have officially failed. I went through the drive-thru multiple times this week and the same male server has gotten my order wrong EVERY single time... and on my latest visit this morning, after he got my order wrong again, his mother, the owner, came out with my card and told me that I must be saying my order incorrectly and that I need to say it more clearly so tha tthey do not have to make multiple coffees for me, as she is losing money for it. I could not believe that she was blaming ME for her son's errors. When I asked him for a "hot blueberry coffee with cream and splendas - two splendas" he brought out two coffees... and then said "ohh you meant two splenads, not two coffees - well I charged you for two coffees" - Obviously i am not the one to blame for his incompetence - and then when I told her that it was rude that she was blaming me, and that I would never come back, instead of her apologizing, she just turned away and walked inside and closed the door on me! HOW RUDE?!!! I don't understand why anyone would ever treat their customers so poorly and tell them that they're costing them too much money because they ordered wrong... if you have questions about how I ordered, repeat my order back to me or write it down - don't just walk inside with my credit card, charge me incorrectly and then tell me it's MY fault. I will NEVER go back there again and give them my business. Please do not give them your business - find another coffee shop.
    I love this place it taste way better than Starbucks and they do there own latte which I love like the snow man which is good with a warmed up pastry and a nice atmosphere I will keep coming here.
    Follow up on earlier review. I find that when weighing options as to where we shall go for our afternoon coffee (we go somewhere nearly everyday) Sippers has slipped down the list. The reason is that repeatedly we fail to receive an accurate or complete order. I believe this happens because they do not write down your order. They simply key it into their register and collect payment. Several times our sandwiches (which are delicious) have arrived either without the requested "lettuce and tomato" or "toasted bread". At least twice, despite ordering two "combos" only one comes with the requested side. Since there is no receipt or written order, it is not clear if it was paid for and not delivered, or never rung up. We are not the type that complains because somehow that just makes a bad situation worse but on the other hand it is keeping us from returning to a place that we once patronized regularly. But if you keep it simple, I suspect you will have no problems.
    Nothing special. The owners were not friendly. Brought my sandwich to the counter and just sat it down and walked away with out saying a word. Service was ok. The breakfast sandwich was really good as was the coffee. It was worth the money. Another thing is they have a TV but the way it's positioned it appears to be for their viewing pleasure not the patrons.
    We visited on a chilly morning in January for a warm up. Our 20 Month old loved the cozy little book area. My husband ordered the Cuban Express and it was incredible! I had a delicious hot chocolate. We are driving through Jacksonville again this month and Sippers is a MUST DO on our drive. Can't wait!
    This is a true "mom and pop" coffee shop that my wife would define as "cute" or "homey". They serve a myriad of coffees, with zillions of flavors, etc. But they also provide "homemade" sandwiches in three flavors (egg, tuna, and chicken salad). Just like your mom made and served the same way. We are locals and go often for the relaxing atmosphere. Though you will catch the owner there often, the staff are mostly college girls who seem new to the business and therefore seem genuinely friendly rather than robots. The prices are all very reasonable, and though they have a drive through, you are missing out if you don't go inside and take advantage of the relaxing atmosphere; it is quiet unlike Starbucks, et. al.
    Awesome food and drinks. We got the chicken salad with the fruit bool and my son got the mango smoothie and I got the tropical tea! You should definitely come here if your in town. 2 or 3 miles from the st. John's town center!
    Great find in Jacksonville! This local coffee shop has friendly staff with great coffee and treats. Good place for a business meeting, catch up with friends and/or a solo trip to treat yourself! If you're on the go, they have a drive-thru as well.
    I am a coffee & coffee shop snob, I'll admit! In Jacksonville there aren't a ton of unique local spots to drink a cup of coffee, but I really dig this place. It's very welcoming and homey, and the coffee selection is pretty dang good - I think next time I am going to try the chai latte (shop favorite!) I wish there were more food items, but that's my only complaint!
    Happened to stop by this place to relax after a heavy afternoon. Just the place. Coffee was really good. The place was quiet, what we needed exactly. Our toddler was happy with the collection of books they had to offer. And we stretched out and enjoyed our coffee. They had a good number of flavored lattes and not pricey. Our service was quick and the hostess was friendly. Would love to go back.

Similar places people viewed in Jacksonville

Browse Cafes in Nearby Neighborhoods