Photo of Redfire Grill & Steakhouse in Hockessin, DE, US
Photo of Redfire Grill & Steakhouse in Hockessin, DE, US

Redfire Grill & Steakhouse

American Restaurant

burger • filet • baked potato • wedges

400 Lantana Dr
Hockessin, DE 19707, US

Not featured in any maps yet.

Be the first to add to a map!

Redfire Grill & Steakhouse has 20 Tips

The Redfire Grill and Steakhouse is a very good place for a meal, solo or with others. The menu is excellent and the food is, also. Likewise the service is quite good, too.
    Excellent choice for dinner. The food was great, flavorful and our server Gabby was positively on point. Definitely a restaurant stop you want to add to your list.
    Celebrated my granddaughters fifth birthday with a large group of family. Food was well presented and prepared and the server was truly great dealing with both the large and small children's requests during the meal. We were there in the mid afternoon, which was great as the restaurant was nearly empty.
    Web site menu vs. current menu have only food in common. No other clear relationship. Otherwise, pretty good food to really good food all overpriced. Just not a good experience. Staff deserve better. Service excellent.
    Staff was exceptional Cheesesteak roll up appetizer was new and we liked them Food was good, chicken tortia soup was not my favorite, was fresh, just not to my taste.
    Nice lively atmosphere, good service. I had the filet mignon, and it was properly cooked, but overpriced for this area. But way out of line was the scallops appetizer for $12.95 ...... and they only give you 3. Like alot of high end steak restaurants, you get a potato with your steak, but no vegetables.
    My husband & I went to the Redfire Grill for our Valentine's Dinner without a reservation. They have 'common' tables (hi-tops) in the bar area that do not require a reservation. Table w/ 6 chairs w/ a couple at one end - we joined them. Not crowded. Still able to converse. Sean was our waiter. VERY nice! Especially impressed because we knew he was incredibly busy. Sensitive to our time constraint. Another gentleman, who we presume was a manager (though he did not introduce himself) came to check on us, assuring us they would take care of our every need!! Food overall was delicious - braised beef, crab fondue. Sweet potato gnocchi was a little bland, but brussel sprouts were amazing!! WONDERFUL evening! Will definitely go again!!!!
    Thank you for a wonderful evening. Our server, Abby, was attentive and efficient. The food was fabulous. I had the sweet potato gnocchi which was outstanding and my dining companion enjoyed a steak. We liked our extra sides, soup and salads. Our beverages were brought promptly and refreshed. The manager stopped by our table and checked that all was going smoothly. Now that's the way to do it!
    Friday night at 6:30 the place was jumping! There was literally not even standing room but still able to get great service at the bar while waiting for our table which we were told would be an hour and a half without a reservation. The atmosphere while crowded was warm and fun. Went for the appetizer of bread with melted gorgonzola which was absolutely wonderful and great presentation also. Entrees were good- not large portions. Service was slow but considering how busy they were, understandable. Desserts were great too and the presentation of everything was very pleasing. If money isn't an object and you want a fine meal this is the place to go. If you are cost conscious and in a hurry go elsewhere. Otherwise, you will have a very nice dining experience.
    great place for soup,atmosphere,steaks,salads,but they do not know how to make a hamburger, second time,first time we ordered med well and it was raw, tonight we ordered med well and it was well done, stick with the other items.
    We joined friends for dinner at the Redfire Grill. It is not a restaurant we normally eat at since it is a bit of a drive. However, after yesterday's meal I am sure we will return. The food was outstanding for everyone at our table. I ordered the steak & it was done to perfection. Prices are a little upscale but I have eaten at more expensive restaurants in Wilmington area that can not compare. We were extremely pleased.
    I think this was a nice restaurant but the prices were way to high for the area and the food quality. While the food we had was prepared very well none of it was fabulous. Would not go again. Atmosphere was an attempt at high end but felt stuffy.
    Had dinner with my daughter and two of her children, we ordered things from mac and cheese, small filet, burger, and salmon. Every thing was solid and tasty, the service was prompt and the server attentive which helped with the children. The restaurant is on the pricey side, which decreases my value dining metric.
    Went to celebrate a birthday. Never had brunch before, was perfect. Had a Bellini, and Belgium waffle with fresh strawberries and whipped cream...yum Hubby had the granola parfait, with a side of chorizo. Both dishes came with a side potato dish, nice and crispy with onion taste. Highly recommend for a causal bite. Very nice!
    Met friends for dinner. We had reservations and restaurant was very busy on a Friday night. Had the Cobb salad and tenderloin sandwich. Both were good and server was good especially on a busy night
    Always a great meal and service at this place. Clean, comfortable and reliable place for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch.
    We went to Redfire Grill for my wife's birthday. We had a nice meal and the service was good. We loved the garlic bread and gorgonzola cheese appetizer, and we were all happy with our meals. My only complaint is that the prices are a little high. I should also mention that the restaurant is in a shopping center (Lantana).
    I had the filet taco salad and wouldn't order again. The salad tasted ok but for $13.95 I should get more than a few tiny little pieces of meat.
    We came here for my birthday dinner and received slow and indifferent service. If I had seen a manager circulating during our visit, I would have spoken up, but clearly the management was not on the floor that night. We ordered only a salad and an entree each: nothing complicated. It was slow coming, but I think they finally gave us a bread crust to tide us over 30 or 40 minutes in. I would have liked dessert, but there was no way I was going to sit there any longer. As it was, I could barely get my club soda refilled. BTW the food was over-the-top delicious.
    My wife and I stopped in after a day at the Theatre on a Sat evening. We had no reservations but were promptly seated within 5mins. Service was prompt and attentive. For starters my wife had the spinach salad and I had the mushroom soup - both were excellent. Main courses were very good. Overall a very satisfying experience.

Similar places people viewed in Hockessin

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods