Photo of Redfire Grill & Steakhouse in Hockessin, DE, US
Photo of Redfire Grill & Steakhouse in Hockessin, DE, US

Redfire Grill & Steakhouse

American Restaurant

burger • filet • baked potato • wedges

400 Lantana Dr
Hockessin, DE 19707, US

Not featured in any maps yet.

Be the first to add to a map!

Redfire Grill & Steakhouse has 20 Tips

6 days ago
    Had a rock fish special of the evening. The fish was well prepared and came with spicy rice as a side. It is a flakey white fish that I never had, but the service and accommodation of the wait staff was outstanding. We had a demanding 5 year old in the party who is most selective about food and how it is presented..
    a month ago
    Enjoy a good brunch with a nice jazz duo to complete your meal. The Brunch runs 11:30 - 2:30. Lots of yummy items on the menu & a make your own Bloody Mary or mimosa bar. Our choice today, was the fried chicken Benedict. It was delish! Service was wonderful & the manager stopped over just to make sure everything was to our likening. Love the atmosphere.
    The establishment has been around for some time now and has become an integral part of the village of Hockessin. But do not be fooled, this is not some long established food outlet that still serves of a 1970's menu, this is a place of culinary adventure, guaranteed to arouse and excite your imagination as well as your pallet and all of this in an enviroment that complements its fare. Reasonable prices, large portions and yes, you can schedule your party or event, they have the ability to handle your special reservation. I warn you now though, to make reservations for the office holiday party early, its a very popular place. So see ya there OK?
    Had lunch with friends and we were seated right away and the hostess was very friendly. The server was also friendly and served us quick and efficiently and didn't rush us out. Will come back to try the place for dinner.
    After reading a review on MSN about this being the best steakhouse in DE, I thought I would give it a try. While the service was great, the food is average. My friend and I both had the filet mignon. While not bad, I would prefer to save my money and go to Philly to Butcher and Singer or Capital Grille.
    Saturday evening, not at all busy, I have always thought that the service has been very slow in The Red Fire... But today there was really no excuse for the poor service and indiferent manager...My wife and sisters wanted to give it another try. I actually drove a seperate car because I had a feeling the service was going to be consistently slow... I was right! After 1:15 mins with no entrees I had to leave, hungry, and once again discusted... WE ARE DONE!!!
    Their quality of their burgers definitely declined over the last two visits. I was disappointed a on a recent visit so I thought I would give it a second chance. The meat has to be frozen. Even though you are asked how you want it cooked, it is so thin,, they were all served the same. They now are using a dense roll that is dry and not warmed on the grill. Fries fail to arrive hot. For $13, you would expect more than a frozen burger on a cold stale toll. New chef? They do have a great bartender named Mary who is a drink magician!
    Ate at RF on a Monday night over a holiday, so there was no wait. The cheesesteak egg rolls were very good; my dining companion enjoyed his chopped salad. Our steaks were cooked just the way we wanted. We ordered the brownie for dessert; we were told it came with ice cream, but the plate only contained the tiniest smear of melted vanilla ice cream (literally less than 2 bites). Service was just OK; we waited 15 minutes before our order was taken. Overall, nothing special. I had eaten here in the past, and it wasn't as good as I remember.
    OMG, wonderful good. Great selections, but makes it hard to decide. We wanted everything. Very nice place. great wait staff and so helpful. Took my mother there for Mothers Day. It was overall wonderful experience.
    I go here often...with my boyfriend, with my mother or just by myself. It is a little pricey but the food is so delicious, it's so worth it. Service is hit or miss, as a ex-server I can understand when a server is busy. I typically get a steak but I've had their short ribs and their appetizer scallops. A cappacuino for dessert and I'm a happy girl. The main floor can get noisey at times and so can the bar during happy hour though. It doesn't upset me so much but I know it can upset others, so just as a heads up if you're going during peak hours.
    Never a bad meal. I love this place. Service is excellent and so is the food! The servers are very attentive and the manager usually stops by your table to be sure you are happy!
    Small confined room for a group event that was cramped, not a lot of room and very noisy considering the amount of people and the space. Food was ok. Good menu choices, surf and turf was not great,just fair. Service could have been better based on the occasion, menu, and I'm sure the total cost was quite high. I don't think special parties of 36+ people is their specialty. The room was right off the restaurant and the doors were open, and the space too small for the group. The atmosphere was noisy - restaurant noise, and the small room confined noise of the group made it almost unbearable to sit there. Service was good, but the meal wasn't enjoyable because the environment wasn't enjoyable.
    All three entrees were quite good, cooked exactly the way we ordered them. Whenever we are in Hockessin, we eat at Red Fire. It never disappoints.
    Redfire is an excellent restaurant. My family and I live close by so we go there often. It has very good steak.
    The Redfire Grill and Steakhouse is a very good place for a meal, solo or with others. The menu is excellent and the food is, also. Likewise the service is quite good, too.
    Excellent choice for dinner. The food was great, flavorful and our server Gabby was positively on point. Definitely a restaurant stop you want to add to your list.
    Celebrated my granddaughters fifth birthday with a large group of family. Food was well presented and prepared and the server was truly great dealing with both the large and small children's requests during the meal. We were there in the mid afternoon, which was great as the restaurant was nearly empty.
    Web site menu vs. current menu have only food in common. No other clear relationship. Otherwise, pretty good food to really good food all overpriced. Just not a good experience. Staff deserve better. Service excellent.
    Staff was exceptional Cheesesteak roll up appetizer was new and we liked them Food was good, chicken tortia soup was not my favorite, was fresh, just not to my taste.
    Nice lively atmosphere, good service. I had the filet mignon, and it was properly cooked, but overpriced for this area. But way out of line was the scallops appetizer for $12.95 ...... and they only give you 3. Like alot of high end steak restaurants, you get a potato with your steak, but no vegetables.

Similar places people viewed in Hockessin

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods