Letties Kitchen

American Restaurant

mac and cheese • fried chicken • fries • salads

1318 Old Lancaster Pike
Hockessin, DE 19707, US

Not featured in any maps yet.

Be the first to add to a map!

Letties Kitchen has 20 Tips

We absolutely love Lettie's Broasted Chicken. It's crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside. Words truly can not describe it, you just have to try it!
    I live close to Lettie's and I have the luxury of being able to eat there. It is hands down, the best fried chicken around. Other meals are equally delicious. It's old fashioned comfort food like your mom made. They make fantastic soups as well!
    I often depend on Letties for feeding my family a "home cooked" dinner. They never seem to disappoint and I always feel like I get a well balanced meal, instead of my usual cereal after a busy day!
    I had chicken Marsala and my son fried chicken. Both were really good and would recommend. The cornbread rocked, really moist. The banana pudding was really tasty and defiantly homemade. I thought the green beans were ok didn't taste fresh more like frozen and the mac and cheese was good but not the best I've had. Not really cheese. I would go back for sure to try other dishes.
    We get catering from Lettie's for office lunches. Their fried chicken is always excellent! Crunchy and moist! Perfect flavor.
    This place was hands down the best food ever!! Everything's homemade! Get the pasta salad and mac & cheese! Watching the older women cook in aprons was not only adorable but made the place feel "homey." This is better than Popeyes, KFC, and any other fried chicken place ever! PLEASE visit Lettie's. I've only eaten here once and it was the BEST experience. I am from Newark, DE and drove all the way there to get it!! Definitely going again, and again, and again!!
    Freshly cooked to order, the fried chicken is well worth the short wait after ordering at the counter. If you are familiar with the menu, you can reduce the wait by ordering ahead by phone. Moist and tender meat inside, and crispy and flavorful on the outside. The sides were fresh and tasty, too; no artificial preservative flavors. A few seats for eating in, but best for take-out. Located near parks; great for picnics.
    Broasted Chicken, Mac salad, and a slice of key lime pie. Can life get any better? Lefties broasted chicken is just great. It's hard to describe the moistness that broasted chicken retains as opposed to standard fried chicken. The frying is done under pressure. Thats how the moisture is kept within the chicken. I usually get a breast and a leg, but I know that if I lost my self control I could eat an entire bird. The sides are all made on the premises and are better than you mother used to make, because your mom couldn't have made such a variety. The deserts are so good that for Thanksgiving and Christmas I order a Key Lime pie for our meal at home. Letties has a few tables inside and a few on the porch, but take out is their forte'. Call ahead for chicken because what they have out doesn't even have a chance to cool off. Tom Alexander and his mother Sue have a great business in Hockessin. Letties is a gem in Hockessin. I can't say enough good things without people thinking I work there.
    Stoped by for takeout of chicken and twice baked potato. As usual both were best of the best and made for a fine dinner for my wife and I. It is one of our musts, when we are in the area.
    I stopped in and did some takeout fried chicken last weekend and it was delicious! I don't particularly care for fried chicken, but that's what the family wanted so I went along. I have to say, this was some of the best fried chicken I've had, especially up North. I will definitely be back and recommend you give it a try too.
    I don't think I've ever been excited about fried chicken before, but I have to say, after trying the chicken at Lettie's, I've become a fan. Everything you're reading about it here on TripAdvisor is true. It's cooked to order, crunchy on the outside, tender on the inside and delicious all over. Lettie's is about a 25 minute drive from where I live, but it's worth the drive when I'm in the mood for fried chicken. There are only a few tables, and no "ambience," but it's great for take-out.
    we always do take out, ,there is a small eating area. their chicken is outstanding as well as macaroni salad. we go once a month when not enough time to cook, call in, 20 min ready for pickup
    Letties sells the best fried chicken in northern Delaware. The chicken is always hot and fresh, and the sides are incredible. Great for a family meal, or for catering an event of any size. In addition to their chicken, Letties serves a delicious meatloaf, as well as many sandwich options. They have a few outside tables good for dining onsite in warmer weather. Letties is the place to go!!
    Stopped in today to try the fried chicken with a few sides for an early dinner. Wow! Fried Chicken was truly the best I have ever had. Nice and crispy, great fresh flavor and NOT greasy! Also Enjoyed the slaw, beans and corn pie as well as a slice of homemade cake. Nice family run atmosphere in small town. Definitely should be on your list if not already there. Am now hooked on Lettie's - what are you waiting for?
    this is local food made by locals of Hockessin That taste like home made, and just like gran's as well! The big thing with Letties is catering, we Always get fried chicken, all the sides, utencils are included. and for dessert you have to get one of their cookies. So go see your neighbor at letties, they are there to make your day with the best home made food, and say hi to your friends, I am sure they are there! Nothing like popping in for lunch or a snack, take out to the playground with the children, and enjoy great comfort food while the children play.....!!
    Heard about this place a few weeks ago and have been looking forward to trying it since the reviews were so good. I wouldn't say I was disappointed but I wasn't blown away either. I ordered 12 pieces of chicken, Mac & cheese, macaroni salad and potato salad. I'd rate the chicken 7/10. To compare, I'd rate KFC 5/10. I'm from KY and have eaten and cooked my fair share of fried chicken. Granted this is "broasted"... The sides were good. Mac & cheese had that gritty, homemade texture, which is fine if that's how you like your Mac but it's definitely not creamy or ooey gooey. Macaroni salad was heavy on the vinegar. I found this kind of addicting but it would be off-putting to a lot of people (husband hated it). Potato salad was delightfully simple. I'm not going to rush back, but I wouldn't turn down a meal from Lettie's.
    If you are looking for a place to get lunch, dinner, or just a special side dish Lettie's is Great! They have a nice selection of fresh salads (with homemade dressing); dinner selections like succulent meatloaf, potatoes,and green beans; and sides like hommade scalloped corn (our family favorite), potato salad, soups, and amazing desserts of all kinds. And, their breasted chicken is not to be missed-by the piece or topping one of their salads. After thinking about all these yummy items, I'll be calling in my order soon!
    The Fried Chicken was good..it isn't southern fried chicken but it was crisp and tasty. The cucumber salad was very good. My wife had the Southwood and she enjoyed it. All in all it was good and worth a visit. This is not a big place, I venture to say most people take their food home rather than eat it there.
    The food is always good. Chicken is always cooked fresh and to perfection. French fries are the best in the area.
    We had the breasted chicken, twice baked potato and side salad. Each item was truly best in class, although this is primarily a takeout place, it is well worth it. Be advised all of the chicken is cooked to order, so a call ahead of time speeds the delivery as walk ins get in line for preparation. Also I have noted that the twice baked potato's sell out quickly, so order early if you want one.

Similar places people viewed in Hockessin

• Perfect Cup Cafe