Letties Kitchen

American Restaurant

mac and cheese • fried chicken • fries • salads

1318 Old Lancaster Pike
Hockessin, DE 19707, US

Not featured in any maps yet.

Be the first to add to a map!

Letties Kitchen has 20 Tips

we always do take out, ,there is a small eating area. their chicken is outstanding as well as macaroni salad. we go once a month when not enough time to cook, call in, 20 min ready for pickup
    Letties sells the best fried chicken in northern Delaware. The chicken is always hot and fresh, and the sides are incredible. Great for a family meal, or for catering an event of any size. In addition to their chicken, Letties serves a delicious meatloaf, as well as many sandwich options. They have a few outside tables good for dining onsite in warmer weather. Letties is the place to go!!
    Stopped in today to try the fried chicken with a few sides for an early dinner. Wow! Fried Chicken was truly the best I have ever had. Nice and crispy, great fresh flavor and NOT greasy! Also Enjoyed the slaw, beans and corn pie as well as a slice of homemade cake. Nice family run atmosphere in small town. Definitely should be on your list if not already there. Am now hooked on Lettie's - what are you waiting for?
    this is local food made by locals of Hockessin That taste like home made, and just like gran's as well! The big thing with Letties is catering, we Always get fried chicken, all the sides, utencils are included. and for dessert you have to get one of their cookies. So go see your neighbor at letties, they are there to make your day with the best home made food, and say hi to your friends, I am sure they are there! Nothing like popping in for lunch or a snack, take out to the playground with the children, and enjoy great comfort food while the children play.....!!
    Heard about this place a few weeks ago and have been looking forward to trying it since the reviews were so good. I wouldn't say I was disappointed but I wasn't blown away either. I ordered 12 pieces of chicken, Mac & cheese, macaroni salad and potato salad. I'd rate the chicken 7/10. To compare, I'd rate KFC 5/10. I'm from KY and have eaten and cooked my fair share of fried chicken. Granted this is "broasted"... The sides were good. Mac & cheese had that gritty, homemade texture, which is fine if that's how you like your Mac but it's definitely not creamy or ooey gooey. Macaroni salad was heavy on the vinegar. I found this kind of addicting but it would be off-putting to a lot of people (husband hated it). Potato salad was delightfully simple. I'm not going to rush back, but I wouldn't turn down a meal from Lettie's.
    If you are looking for a place to get lunch, dinner, or just a special side dish Lettie's is Great! They have a nice selection of fresh salads (with homemade dressing); dinner selections like succulent meatloaf, potatoes,and green beans; and sides like hommade scalloped corn (our family favorite), potato salad, soups, and amazing desserts of all kinds. And, their breasted chicken is not to be missed-by the piece or topping one of their salads. After thinking about all these yummy items, I'll be calling in my order soon!
    The Fried Chicken was good..it isn't southern fried chicken but it was crisp and tasty. The cucumber salad was very good. My wife had the Southwood and she enjoyed it. All in all it was good and worth a visit. This is not a big place, I venture to say most people take their food home rather than eat it there.
    The food is always good. Chicken is always cooked fresh and to perfection. French fries are the best in the area.
    We had the breasted chicken, twice baked potato and side salad. Each item was truly best in class, although this is primarily a takeout place, it is well worth it. Be advised all of the chicken is cooked to order, so a call ahead of time speeds the delivery as walk ins get in line for preparation. Also I have noted that the twice baked potato's sell out quickly, so order early if you want one.
    We get Lettie's chicken on many Friday nights and take to the Snuff Mill Pool with a bottle of wine. My wife laughs at me - I will take their chicken and pair with a $50 bottle of wine and have the best evening. The side dishes are very good, but order the broasted chicken - call ahead they can run out...
    For anyone near Hockessin, you have to try this place. The fried chicken is outstanding. We have had them for parties, taken to events or just for a quick meal. Every time.....outstanding! Try their other items as well. They are true, local small business worth supporting!
    Fantastic broasted chicken and amazing marinated vegetables. Tight quarters inside, but no worry Take out is easy and quick!
    We order carryout from Lettie's because of their good food. Unfortunately, they have given us bad service on at least three occasions over the past year. When we arrive at the promised time the food is not nearly ready. Sometimes some items are totally forgotten, and they have to start cooking them when we arrive.
    My wife got takeout from here two nights in a row, if that tells you anything about if we liked it or not! The fried chicken was crunchy crystallized goodness. The best non-fast food chicken in the area. The staff is awesome, very friendly and helpful. You can tell this is a family run business. For casual American food takeout on a weekday night I would highly recommend.
    We love the broasted chicken and the Mac and cheese. It is great you can select what chicken pieces you want and the size of the sides. It makes for great family get together. We always do take out so can't comment on eating there.
    This is a must try fried chicken in town. Fried chicken is very crispy and tasty at an affordable price. You can pick other eateries, all home made style either salads, sides or deserts. I suggest you order over the phone 30 min ahead and pick it up at the restaurant. But the best is right after it is done. You may try to eat at the restaurant when the chicken is just done.
    They make the best fried chicken. All their food is excellent. Prices are a little high, but worth every penny. Quality trumps the cost of the food. I recommend everyone try it once.
    This food is awesome! I don't think you can get a bad dish here! Small old home type building, family run. Don't miss it.
    I have eaten chicken. Grilled, baked, fried, boiled, and poached. I have never eaten a better piece of chicken like this. This is tasty chicken. It's broasted? WOW. TY Letties....I learn
    First let me preface that I am from the south, I know fried chicken this the best I've had since the last time I are my Great-Grand Mother's over 10 years ago. I was so good that I almost cried. I talked to the owner and he told me that everything was his Grandmother's recipe. If you want to experience true southern cuisine do yourself a favor and try this place.

Similar places people viewed in Hockessin

• Perfect Cup Cafe