Drip Cafe

American Restaurant

brunch • hash • caramel apple • potatoes

Drip Cafe has 20 Tips

Get the espresso Bomton! A shot glass rimmed with Sugar in the Raw, rich espresso, sweetened condensed Milk and orange zest round out a wonderful explosion of flavor. Skip the pear sandwich-pears had NO flavor and there was NO cranberry fig jam which might have added some flavor to this bland concoction. Instead get the crab dip with pretzel sticks which have been perfectly seasoned with old bay and seasoned salt. Service was slow and my water glass had lipstick on the rim and the server was supposed to bring me a new one but it never materialized.
    Got a special spam sandwich (Croque Madam they call it?). Yummy and rich. (Took home 1/2.) Wanted to try something new. Also got a different coffee/latte beverage. One bummer was they were so busy, they'd temporarily run out of ceramic mugs/cups, and brought me my drink in a paper cup -- rimmed w/sugar. Hmm... that wasn't wonderful. Wish they'd asked me if I could wait a few minutes for a mug.
    Drip Cafe's recent space expansion makes a visit even more appealing as the wait is shorter and the space less crowded. Their menu choices really do offer the chance to experiment beyond the typical suburban café offerings. Inventive items in both the savory and sweet categories make for a large choice of breakfast meals to try. Wide range of coffees also add to the mix. Service is consistently friendly. The sometimes-long wait time for food to arrive suggests the kitchen is stretched by the larger space.
    Honestly, been here 3 times now. Food is great every time but the service is horrible. Not friendly, not timely, not caring. Food is amazing though!
    Had the breakfast burrito. It was egg, potato and cheese with pico de gallo. Was very tasty. Good coffee and friendly staff. Will be back!
    Ordered coffee and hot chocolate. Received water. Ordered soup. Received soup. Ordered brunch. Received hot chocolate. Ordered tomato juice. Received juice. Finally received coffee. How does that happen at a coffee joint? Meanwhile the completed soup bowl remained at the table each time the waitress came back and forth. Food came. Had ordered toast instead of potatoes received both. Food is quite frankly out of this world but the wait staff needs loads of training. Eclectic atmosphere and fun place to eat but we do think twice about coming in because of the service. We don't sit at the counter because if one particular waitress and now at the tables we've experienced the same level of inexperience. Drip is worth the visit but be prepared.
    I have been to this restaurant many times and have recommended it to others. I would normally have given it a 5-star but on my latest trip on 11/16/2016, my anniversary, I was not pleased! First, I wanted to order a cup of one of the specialty coffees of the day. The server couldn't tell me anything about the coffees. Neither could the barista. When you promote a specialty item, and upcharge for it, someone should be able to expound upon it [Ok, I worked in the coffee industry for many years but my question was simple for someone working as a barista.] Anyway, I took his suggestion for the coffee but when a 3rd server brought the coffee to me it was luke warm!?! I had a hot cup of the coffee brought to me and yes, it was excellent. I ordered the Johnnie cakes with pork belly. The meal was great as well as my wife's burrito. However, 5 minutes after leaving the restaurant I had to pull off the road...I got sick. What a waste of money. However, I will try again as I do love their coffees.
    I know many people love this place. I was not impressed. They have fancy breakfasts what i feel is sort of snobby fixings... I have been there several times and not one meal has fully felt something special. And for a place called drip cafe the coffee wasn't that strong... I am a coffee snob I need coffee to taste like coffe not brown colored water .... Again people like this place ... I didn't so. Ugh
    Love going to Drip Cafe for Breakfast. The menu is always changing and is incredibly creative. Great service and a comfortable atmosphere.
    Great menu, great location, friendly service. Food is very good, and the place is popular among locals - so much so that it is expanding later this fall. Wonderful place to meet for breakfast or lunch.
    My second time there this month, and each time our servers were efficient without being intrusive, they knew the menus well and the available pastries. We took our time for lunch and never felt hurried. Food is really good!
    Enjoy breakfast at this cafe. The menu offers a variety of items..something for everyone's appetite! The service is efficient & friendly.
    Went for a late breakfast (served all day) and the food was delicious. Decent number of options without being overwhelming. Nice ambiance as well- don't let the strip mall fool you. Service was friendly but not attentive. It took a while to get a menu after being seated and I waited 10 minutes (with servers/staff passing several times) to pay my bill and finally was told that you pay at the counter. Overall, I would recommend.
    I went to the Drip Cafe for lunch. Quiche was overbaked and not very appetizing. Prices were high. However, service was good. That is, if you like paying high prices for flavorless food with good service. :)
    We just had brunch there and the food is different or you can have your normal staple of breakfast foods. The meals are very reasonably priced, fast service, plenty of refills on my coffee. I had the potatoe pancakes, with smoked salmon mmmm A must and worth the wait
    Imaginative menu, lots of veggie-based dishes with unexpected accompaniments and flavors. Not just one more coffee or burger place. Will definitely return when in the area.
    We love to stop here for breakfast after a long run!!! The food is really delicious! The service is good!
    This place has it all. Great customer service. Great food. Great location. The only complaint I've had is that their Saturday and Sunday breakfast times are so packed there's always a wait. But they are now going to be expanding the restaurant so hopefully that will help cut back on that issue. They have a lot of local ingredients that are all natural or organic. They also have lots of options for all types of eating preferences and are great for vegans and vegetarians as well. Very accommodating staff and a pleasant atmosphere. I love that they have books for kids to read while they are waiting for their food.
    Stopped in for a lite lunch, had homemade asparagus soup, talk about greening of America. It was fresh, flavorful and had a generous portion. Staff was quick and unobtrusive.
    We stopped in after shopping for a quick cup of coffee and decided to grab a couple of cookies. I was able to talk my server into adding a scoop of Woodside ice cream to my cookie and made an ice cream sandwich--it was awesome! We can't wait to go back for breakfast or lunch because the menu looks great.

Similar places people viewed in Hockessin

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods