Barcade

Restaurant

Barcade13.5
old school • fun place • video games • beer

76 Orange Street
New Haven, CT 06510, US

Barcade has 10 Tips

Good atmosphere and a delicious Malaysian restaurant! The Spicy Peanut Soup and Roti Murtabak are delicious.
    Stopped at barcade during a bar hopping tour. My group of 15 got a kick of the video games we played when we were kids. Pacman, donkey Kong etc. We didn't eat here but the people there seemed to be enjoying their bar food type meals. The bar was adequately stocked.
    We had a great time. SUPER games and bar. 50 cents to 75 cents per game, and they lasted for a LONG time. A wide variety. Bar stools and a limited number of low tables available, good for the drinking crowd but not really for eating. Adult place, 21 and over, no kids here. I'd like to come back late at night and get into the groove! Very good service, mixed drinks beer served quickly.
    This place has been open for a year, and have been wanting to get down there. Finally got around to it last weekend. A great time was had by all! The beer list is awesome and the games were excellent. Very nice that they are all just a quarter (token) to play just like the old days. No price gouging to play a game for 8 seconds like at Dave and Busters. This is a bar, so no kids in there which is nice. Off the menu, we mostly just had appetizers, Buffalo wings, Fries, Mozzarella sticks, etc. None of it went to waste! Lookin forward to going back over the summer. Parking wasn't very hard to find with a lot just a block away.
    If you are a fan of early stand alone video games then you will not be disappointed. The games are great and there is something for everyone. The food here is edible but not very good. I had a disappointing Cuban sandwich with tater tots which were ok. My companion chose the chicken and waffle sandwich which was actually bit better than my sandwich but still not very good. The fried cauliflower was cold. Deep fried and cold?
    Went to Barcade as part of our son in law's birthday celebration. If you like loud music and old school video games you will love this place. They have a bar and serve pub type food. Must be at least 21 to enter and they card at the door. Appears to be a popular Yale student hang out. Worth a visit to check it out.
    My fiance and I went this week for the first time. We has a couple good beers and played some oldschool arcade games. We had a good time. They have a coin machine that accepts cash only. Id go to the atm to get cash before you go. I was surprised the games are still in good working order which was really nice! Well probably be going back there soon.
    Great place to have a beer and play some old school games. Perfect if you are solo and want to have a pint. Great beer selections.
    So I get the concept. Video games, beer, and snack type food. It's decent for what it is. I enjoyed seeing all the video games from my childhood. Other than that... I would pass.
    My wife and I met a friend there for dinner and drinks on a Saturday night. We had heard about the place (that they started in NYC and have a location in Philly) and that they had 80s video games. I'm almost 48 so when I heard that I might get to play the games of my youth -- Galaga, Pac Man and Asteroids on original machines I told my wife I was in. We pulled up and their location has taken over several storefronts. We circled the black and there is a parking garage nearby but even on a Saturday night (645) we found street parking around the corner. You must be 21 to enter which was nice so no kids to deal with. Staff was friendly and greeted us as we entered and the place was still quiet. Very well stocked bar with tables and chairs and then, as promised, the place is packed with vintage 80s arcade games. The machines take tokens but they are just 25 cents so kind of like back in the day. Menu is not extensive and there is no wait staff so you simply order at the bar along with your drinks and they bring the food out to you. There are tables and chairs scattered about music playing (too loud for my almost 48 years) but it was still a lot of fun. Music should been 80s too but then I think that might turn off the young folk. For dinner, I had the French dip and it was excellent. my wife had the fish tacos and our friend had the burger. they were equally pleased with their choices. For appetizers I highly recommend the loaded tater tots and cheesesteak bites. in a word--damn! We stayed almost 3 hours and I would say by about 830 the place was jumping. The early crowd like us was older and the later it got the younger it got. 3 hours in and our tokens gone we were good to go. I work close by to this location so would definitely grab a group after work and head over. Was a lot of fun.

Similar places people viewed in New Haven