Eli's On Whitney

American Restaurant

Eli's On Whitney14
burger • salads • mac n cheese • pulled pork

Eli's On Whitney has 21 Tips

Great place to watch a game or listen to some live music. The mini-Reuben sandwiches are so good!
    Great menu, everything we ordered was wonderful, portions large and delicious. Great staff loved our waitress Jamie B, she was terrific, would definitely love to go back!
    Had a coworker from out of state visiting for the week and came here for dinner. He was very impressed with his salmon dinner choice and liked the on-tap beer selection. Three of us sat in the bar area at the high tables. There were a moderate number of people there so it was not crazy busy. Out wait staff was great. Attentive without hovering. The entree selection isn't huge, but there are enough choices to satisfy most people who come for dinner. Dinner entrees for 3 plus drinks and tip came to just over $100. Entrees range from $16 - $24. It's my "Go To" place for guest when they don't want to get dressed up to go out.
    I live in the area and come here a lot. They never disappoint. I love the Buffalo wrap. Probably the best wrap ever. Looking forward to many returns. Also a great place to watch a game or family get togethers.
    This is my third time dining here. They have a lounge and a restaurant. We ate in the lounge and watched a hockey game. Burgers are fantastic. Great food, Great eats, Great atmosphere!
    Been there a couple of times for work and both times have had excellent food and drinks. The parking hhhmm. I suppose you could use other parking lots and walk there but it's worth it!
    I am really impressed everytime I eat here! The food has been Great! The Pizza is the best! Thank You Eli's!
    Great food and great service. Very reasonable and they accommodated my meal request which was a modification of a menu item.
    I've been to Eli's many times and have nothing but good things to say. The service was prompt and always friendly. The beer menu seems different every time I go, so be sure to see what they have on rotation. They have a nice selection of appetizers - something for everyone. I really like the sandwich and burger offerings. If you are looking for something healthy, they have it. The Peanut Butter Pie dessert is outstanding. My wife says the Cookie Brownie Sundae is equally as good. Parking is across Whitney Ave from the restaurant.
    This restaurant is a good restaurant. The food is moderately priced and very good. There is quite a variety from pasta to burgers to chicken. The do serve alcohol. It is good to take family, date, friends. Atmosphere is friendly. It is very comfortable and casual.
    Went there with 14 other people all students, moms & Dads after doing some moving out at Quinnipiac Very accommodating, friendly server, pleasant, attentive. Food was good
    The food is comparable with TGIF type restaurant. Caesar salad had no dressing with lots of parm cheese on it. 14 oz NY strip was about 10 oz and was average grade beef with a prime steak price. I would recommend ordering nachos or chicken wings, something simple that you really cannot mess up.
    Stopped without a reservation and were seated quickly. Great fish tacos, and best beer "green flash"!
    Eli's is a great place to meet a friend for lunch or have a drink with friends. The friendly staff ensures you are happy and feel welcome. The bar is exceptionally clean and orderly. We've eaten there several times over the past ten years - the fig pizza, the chicken wings, and the steak rolls are the best! Eli's is the place you bring your out of town relatives, your family, and friends!
    Good food, good service, clean, well run, too noisy for my tastes, old fart syndrome. Crowded because it is a good place.
    First impressions are everything. Tonight after deciding to wow my friend with Eli's, we left after 5 minutes with a whole different "wow". My friend walked in and went to approach the hostesses and wasn't getting anywhere. I walked up and they were still engrossed in each other's conversation. When my friend and I finally got their attention we were told that it would be a 25-30 minute wait. Ok, I get it, it's a Friday night but your unprofessional demeanor just shoved us to the door. I politely said "that's ok we will go somewhere else thank you and out the door we went." I can honestly say that going down the road to a different restaurant was a much more pleasant experience than standing there wondering if I was transparent or not. All the in all, I will severely think twice before ever revisiting this restaurant. When you blow a customer experience within the first 5 minutes, a customer returning is never a promise.
    We have eaten here many times over the years. The food, service, and atmosphere is excellent. Whether attending a shower, dinner after a funeral, or just out for dinner, Eli's has been consistently excellent for many years.
    I came here because i was really craving bar food. We ordered the spinach artichoke dip, BBQ wings, parmesan truffle fries, and nachos. I wasn't really blown away by the wings and the nachos. The spinach artichoke dip was so good though and i haven't been able to find another one like it. I was little disappointed in the fires because they weren't crisp and crunchy. The flavor was there though. It is very busy though, so you definitely need a reservation. We made the mistake of going the night before the super bowl and had to wait 45 minutes for a table. The staff works very hard thought and it's a great environment
    We have eaten at this restaurant frequently over the course of my son's Quinnipiac University education. I thought it is only fair that I give it a plug for other families. Cannot say too much good about it. The menu is large and varied. The portions are ample. We have never had a bad dish. The food is great. The waitresses are attentive and helpful and always ready to make substitutions. The dining room is conducive to family conversations and has ample room for larger groups. And, the men love watching sports TV's over the bar. The Bobcat chicken sandwich was spectacular. But so is everything else.
    Eli's has a fine selection on its standard menu and great specials every day. We always find something to enjoy. And the staff is very courteous.
    Stopped here for lunch while visiting Quinnipiac. Perfect choice with a huge selection. Enjoyed burgers and a specialty salad with mandarin oranges and fresh beets. Pleasant atmosphere, good service. Will return on our next visit to the area.

Similar places people viewed in Hamden

Browse American Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods