Quijote's

Mexican Restaurant

breakfast burrito • chicken • churros • chimichanga

208 N Union Blvd
Colorado Springs, CO 80909, US

Quijote's has 20 Tips

Our family was in town on vacation and were looking for a place to get a full breakfast before heading up Pikes Peak. We are very glad to have stumbled upon this spot. The menu offers authentic Mexican breakfast and lunch items. It offers the full menu from 7am making it very likely to satisfy any appetite. The place is much nicer than what it looks like from the outside and the staff was very friendly.
    It's hard to find good Mexican food in Colorado and Quijote's definitely fills that void! Their breakfast tacos are great and so is the lunch.
    I'm a vegetarian, and I thoroughly enjoyed the guacamole and chips and the veggie burrito. It was too much to finish.
    An authentic Mexican restaurant located in a strip mall on Union . Clean and plain. Ordered a beef burrito and it was full of rice and beans. To me that is a combination burrito. We added green chili for additional price. Good size and flavor. Ok but probably will not return. No free chips and salsa which is a con for us in a city with many Mexican restaurants to chose from.
    Being Hispanic I value good, authentic Mexican food at restaurants. I was pleasantly surprised when I ate here, I'll definitely go back.
    We were getting very tempted to leave, because it took about 40 minutes for us to get food. People who came in after us were getting their food. Perhaps we just drew a bad server, because the other waitress seem to be getting people food faster and cheerfully, but our server was markedly unfriendly when we did see her and notably absent. When the food finally did come, my vegetarian daughter's nachos had meat on them. She had mentioned no meat twice and I had clarified it once, just to be sure. When we told our waitress that we'd asked for the food without meat she contradicted us and seemed very annoyed that she had to replace the meal. The food was actually quite delicious once we got it, and the portion sizes were excellent. The food value for the money was very good, but we will not be going back.
    This is a hidden gem right in the middle of a busy competitive city! The prices are great for the portion size. It's extremely clean. They have a iPod jukebox that plays Mariachi! I love this place, it's my go to everytime. You have to try the chili lime mango margarita (;
    We had lunch there and they easily accommodated my wife's dairy and gluten sensitivities. We had the Barbacoa burritos. They were very authentic and the baracho beans were outstanding. Chips and salsa were extra, but reasonable.
    Quixote's is in a little strip mall, and hasn't much decor but it's hole-in-the-wall chic is made up for by the wonderful food. I originally starting dropping by for their great breakfast burritos, which are inexpensive but large portioned. I saw and tried their kale-kiwi-apple-lime freshly blended juice which has no added sugar, and is tasty. I think over the years they have stopped or lessened the apple in it so now it is not as sweet but it's still good (I liked it better with more apple though). They have more blended juice choices, too. The ceviche I had there was amazing. They also will often serve mango chili and lime salad. Daily specials are worth it.The offerings are generous and tasty. Large take-out morning and lunch crowds, but a more leisurely quiet environment at night. Often see Mexicanos eating there. They advertise for help in Spanish. Highly recommended.
    Doesn't that sound crazy? Great food and great value. Doesn't happen too often but I'm so happy I found this place. The food is delicious and the staff always have a smile on their face. I love going to this place on a Friday night and having a margarita with my husband and just hanging out and enjoying myself. We never feel rushed either. We usually spend about $30-$35 for both of us including a nice cold beer and margarita. Absolutely enjoy this place!
    Went for dinner with wife and son - 14 Sep 2016. If you didn't know about this place, it would be easy to pass by. somewhat nondescript strip mall in colorado springs. The dining room doesn't give away any secrets either. Chips and salsa were brought to the table and we ordered ceviche for an appetizer - good lime and fish flavor with chinks of avocado. I had the quijote margarita - good size, good flavor. entree was chile relleno, a large plate with 2 rellenos, smothered in pork green chile, refritos and rice on the side. good food and plenty of it. took about half home for lunch the next day. nice little spice to the chile but I expected more heat but that's just me.
    My son goes there frequently for lunch. Large portions. Great food and price. Friendly waitress. No frills interior. Loved it!
    First impression - confusing. Quijote's takes up around three or four store fronts in a strip mall. We parked right outside the middle section which looked like it was the kitchen. Through the door on the right I could see people standing around in front of a counter, the door to the far left looked like it was a restaurant entrance, turns out that is open later. The door on the right hand side is where they serve breakfast and lunch. This place was jumpin', I mean, it was busy. There were people waiting for take-out and there were people eating at tables. It's loud, it's bustling, and a little warm inside, but we were hungry, it had been recommended to us and we thought we'd give it a try. There were two servers and they were run off their feet. The young lady who was our server was so helpful and she laughed at our silly jokes. The place itself is divey. I can see it's trying for that casual trendy ambience but it's a little shabby and well used. The food? Hubby got the California Burrito which, he said, was tasty but rather dry. It did come with the option of being "smothered" but with what wasn't communicated (a pillow maybe?). I had the Carnitas Chimichunga. This was good, tasty, with a side of really fresh shredded lettuce and some guac but the sour cream was kind of strange because it had become hot sitting on a hot plate. I should add that the burritos and chimis are huge! The meat was lean and tender and tasty. I didn't even manage to eat 3/4 of mine. Thank goodness for doggie boxes. :) We also ordered chips and salsa, which do not come free with your meal. We sent them back. The chips were horribly stale, like they'd been sitting in a heater box for days. The salsa was, hmmmmm, okayyyyy, but we didn't finish that either. Our server did make sure we didn't get charged for those. So for around $16 we had a huge lunch. We'd probably try it again.
    Wife and I ate here last week on a recommendation from a friend. I ordered the fish tacos and my wife had fajitas. They only had one waitress and bartender working the dinner shift so service was a bit slow. The fish tacos were okay and a bit on the bland side, I guess that's what hit sauce is for... The fajitas were also okay but not what I expected. Overall, meh. My wife liked it. I don't think I'll go back. Just an average Mexican restaurant.
    The place didn't look like much, but the TA reviews were good, so we headed in. When we got seated and they didn't serve the complimentary chips and salsa I started to walk out. But I didn't and I'm sure glad I didn't! I got the meatless 'taco' salad (I can't remember it's official name) and boy was it ever good! It's one of the best Mexican salads I've ever had. The balance of flavors were really good. I especially liked the roasted corn they put in it. It was a nice BIG salad too, which I really like when i go meatless. My husband ordered fajitas, and while they were a little non-traditional (no sizzling plate) he said they were really good.
    try the chicken avocado breakfast burrito smothered in hot green chile! to die for! service staff is a bit sprred thin, but that's a management downfall. be patient relax and chile on! it's worth it!
    One of best spots for Mexican Food in Colorado Springs is just a few blocks away from the US Olympic Training Center. I always visit Quijote's when in CS. The Chile Rellenos are fabulous and they serve great Margaritas. Good spot for kids. Also, a super place for breakfast burritos. I grew up on tex-mex and this is the closest I have found in Colorado Springs. Highly recommend.
    We ate here one snowy night, it's been said before, the portions are huge. Service was great. The quality of the ingredients....so so. I liked it alright, but by far my favorite was the churros. omg. I would go back for the churros.
    We discovered Quijote's while looking for an early dinner near the Olympic Training Center. Though the exterior wasn't too exciting, and the interior was somewhat outdated and the music was loud, we decided to stay. We ordered the chicken chipotle and the carnitas burritos. Both were HUGE! We could easily have shared one between the two of us. Both burritos were delicious, though the "avocado" listed for the carnitas burrito was actually a small dollop of guacamole. The complementary chips were fresh and crisp, and the salsa was delicious. The server was attentive enough, and all of the staff we dealt with were friendly. We'd return here for the food - or have it as carry-out again.
    Our group of 8 arrived around 11:30 am on a Sunday and were promptly seated; there were only about 8 other people in the restaurant at the time. Our beverage order was promptly taken and drinks delivered. Chips and salsa are ala carte with small baskets of chips; no refills were offered. Portions were large and seemed well-prepared. However, after the food was delivered the server only came back once to ask how our food was. No offers for refills on beverages; no offer for carryout boxes; no check was provided. (Server was over in another part of restaurant eating.) I had to go to counter to ask for carryout box and ask for check. I was told no check, just come to register to pay?! Well that might have been fine, but our order was recorded poorly on a slip of paper which the cashier couldn't understand. I had to poll our group to tell the cashier what we ordered. I have no idea whether we were over- or under-charged for our meal. Sure there was a Broncos game in a couple hours (they have lots of TVs) but the "early" crowd, us, should have been taken care of better. (When we left, we were the only ones in the place.)

Similar places people viewed in Colorado Springs