Sunset Marquis

Hotel

recording studio • rock star • bedroom villa • koi pond

1200 Alta Loma Rd
West Hollywood, CA 90069, US

Sunset Marquis has 20 Tips

First time staying at this hotel, very nice the first room that i had. I had to go out of town for a few days so checked out on my return back to the property i was advised that my room was not ready and if i left my phone number they would call some 3 hours later still no call... so i put a call in and was then told my room was now ready kind of a waste of time to leave numbers if they dont inform guests when rooms are ready... I spend a lot of time In LA and i dont think i will choose to stay here again. the only saving grace its close to one of my favourite spots for breakfast
    Love everything about this place - from the food, the rooms, the staff, the pool - just everything. I will be staying only here when I am in Los Angeles as I can't fault this place. Hi and thanks to everyone there for such a wonderful Oasis in the LaLa Land desert.
    2 nights stay at the sunset marquis, the hotel is good, the rooms are a bit dark, but pretty large and I had the chance the have a balcony. The restaurant is just amazing, very nice food and service. The location is really good, very quiet.
    We were wowed 8 years ago and thought this stay couldn't get better, but it did. They remembered us and were so gracious from the valet, bellman, front desk absolutely everyone. When we opened the door to our villa they had a big happy anniversary display of champagne, boss water, chocolates dipped strawberries and a lemon tart out of this world. The pool is private and inviting, there wer many other guests there but we seemed to be on own little island. The restaurant was over the top, the beef steak tartare was perfect( not to many places even have it on the menu) and Sunday brunch had the type of assortment of quality foods you would expect from a 5 star restaurant. All in all we wer sad to leave, this is a hidden gem in the West Hollywood/LA area.
    I had a few months where I was traveling to LA quite a bit for work. The Sunset Marquis was always recommended by coworkers, for good reason. Upon check in for a regular room, I've been upgraded a couple times to a suite that is larger than my Seattle apartment. Though I've stayed at the Sunset Marquis at least a half dozen times, there were two that really stood out. One was actually my first stay. I was upgraded to a suite overlooking the pool on the southeast side of the hotel. One of the most comfortable beds I've slept in, in my life. The room was perfect. A shame that I had to be up at 4:30am for a 5:30am meeting (such is life in the produce industry). The other time was a year or so later - I was bouncing back and forth between SF and San Bernardino (pro tip: drive the extra few miles and stay at the Mission Inn in Riverside), and had to go to LA for a night before another early morning meeting. This time, however, I ended up with a room on the second floor above the walkway to/from the restaurant in back. Incredibly noisy, all night, with very little insulation for sound below the room. Avoid this room, if possible - and the only reason the Sunset Marquis is not five TripAdvisor dots.
    Spent a week there with my children and they cried when we left...The restaurant(especially sunday brunch ) and amenities are top notch...Great location, lots of shopping ,hair & nail spas, fitness(barry's bootcamp & Equinox) in the area.. Staff was warm and very welcoming
    Great hotel with a very relaxed atmosphere. You really don't expect this kind of quietness in that busy neighbourhood. We were lucky to stay in a beautiful villa with al lot of space and privacy. Facilities like bathrooms and beds are very good and clean. Poolfacilities are great. The restaurant is very good, partly outside which is wonderful. We enjoyed our breakfast and also some dinners. The people who work there (frontdesk, concierges (Lisa!) ) are all very friendly, helpful and relaxed. And Logan is awesome, a true ambassador of the hotel! You can't miss the music roots of this hotel, with a rock n roll vibe and all kinds of memorabilia and beautiful pictures of rockstars on the wall. I stayed in a lot of luxurious and high end hotels all over the world but the Sunset Marquis is definitely one of the best!
    Had a wonderful vacation in this low key, relaxed, celebrity filled, family friendly hotel. it's hard to get all these elements into 1 hotel but the Sunset Marquis makes this possible. Centrally located to all the tourist attractions as well as the trendy West Hollywood restaurants. Wonderful staff, headed by manager Nancy, make this a great place to stay. Concierge Lisa can help you get into restaurants if you want to stray from the delicious hotel restaurant. Looking forward to returning next summer.
    We love staying here! We have always had great, friendly service and lovely stays. The hallways (on first glance) are very retro, but the rooms themselves are very updated, clean, and nice. Their mattresses are superb! We love the convenience of dining on site as well as visiting their bar. Great stay!
    My previous visit in this hotel must have been 15 years ago and when I was shown my room, it felt like time travel. It seemed like nothing had changed. For sure there was a flat screen TV and probably several soft renovations done over the years but overall the room and the hotel looked exactly the same. Well the hotel scene has changed a lot and at least at the time, the sunset marquis was the place to be for the music crowd. It had this bar with a great atmosphere always full. Now it feels like the shadow of itself, a ghost from an era it doesn't belong to anymore : this of cool and trendy hotels where creative people want to stay. Additionally the room was not very clean: there was this cork behind the sofa, in clear sight that remained there the whole time (5 nights if I remember). I didn't mention it just to see how long it take them to clean it but I bet it's still there. Well as you can read, I wasn't too fond of this hotel. What didn't help either is that the glass of freshly squeezed juice is at $15 plus tax and tips. You got to be kidding. Yes you can have a glass of industrial "fresh" juice for less but if you're like me and like your freshly squeezed, the pill is hard to swallow.
    Love this hotel. It's not quite as flashy as some of the other 5 start hotels in the area like the London, but it's a totally immersive 5 start experience to stay here. Rooms are big and bedding is plush. The hotel grounds are incredible, it sometimes feels like you are at a resort in Hawaii instead of LA. The two pools provide ample space to lay out. Service is top notch at both. We planned to stay here for 4 nights and extended our trip to 10 days because we were having such a good time.
    The hotel from the outside at night was very pretty. It certainly was a 5.0/5.0. Then the encounter from the valet until I reached my room was superb. The inside of the hotel is more modern HGTV style..I expected classy elegant from the warm lights outside..still beautiful. My king suite was very spacious. Only negative was the small tub and lack of fitness on-site..however, nice place...
    While in So Cal for an awesome Hollywood Bowl concert, we discovered this gem. It has a great old Hollywood feel and the adjoining restaurant met w everyone's approval. I think you'll find it charming.
    The Sunset Marquis is simply an icon. Everyone who is anyone in the entertainment world has stayed there, and played there. Beautiful people wander in and out of the hotel to utilise the basement recording studio- one never knows who one could bump into! The pool is lovely and the day beds are tantalisingly comfortable. I particularly like the bar - as dark as a Hollister store and the liquor strong. As we were checking out, the English soap actress, Michelle Collins was checking in. Fantastic place to stay.
    We stayed as a family of three adults in a room with two double beds and a separate sitting area. The room was a great size as was the bathroom which was beautifully appointed with a huge walk in shower. The staff were all very friendly, breakfast in the restaurant was excellent, great choice and all freshly prepared. The hotel is in an excellent location to sightsee. We didn't use either of the two pools as unfortunately the weather was not quite warm enough
    ... then try the Sunset Marquis hotel, the closest thing to a rock'n'roll hideout, and a place where Hollywood power players meet to make deals. The whole place screams 'privacy', from the quiet side street south of Sunset Blvd, to the lush gardens, and the maze of bungalows and villas. The hotel also features two pools, one in the busy courtyard, and a more secluded one near he villas. Also on site is a gourmet restaurant for people watching, and the 1200 bar, where again it's all about pricavy and cozyness. The rooms are spacious and elegant, most offering a separate living and dining room. Bathrooms vary in size based on room type, the one in the villas are extra large and feature both showers and standalone tubs. if you want to, you can spend a few days in totoal seclusion, the place is that big and tranquil, an oasis in the middle of loud West Hollywood. The service is top-notch, and you get the feeling that 'anything goes', since the staff has clearly seen it all. Forever my favorite spot in LA
    I've always enjoyed this hotel. It has a great restaurant, a nice pool and much larger then average rooms. Yet it's not too big and has a relaxing feel. We are having a great stay, and the in room gifts were a fabulous and welcome touch!
    Stayed here for a week and would come back. While it's a little shabby in places, in some ways that adds to the rock n roll vibe. As do all the photos and memorabilia. The rooms are a decent size and the shower was great. But the highlight is the bed which couldn't be more comfortable. Breakfast costs a fortune. Fifteen dollars for a fresh orange juice. But there are plenty of local alternatives on Sunset. Two swimming pools, my favourite was the smaller one which feels more private. Service is good. Location great. Really enjoyed my stay. And the occasional celebrity spotting adds to the fun.
    So charming, beautiful and a perfectly unique property in the heart of WeHo. It took a minutte to get service and the heaters lit, but we loved our time here - can't wait to come back for cocktails under the trees!
    My wife and I had to leave the Mondrian early because it is probably the worst hotel on Sunset: run down, filthy and uncompetent staff. We ended up at the Marquis. What a shock!!! Exceptional staff, great super clean rooms, great settings, 2 pools, impeccable service and super comfortable and tasty restaurant. What else can I say? We went from bad to exceptional in a blink. I would recommend the Sunset Marquis hands down.

Similar places people viewed in West Hollywood