Squat & Gobble

American Restaurant

brunch • potatoes • crepes • salads

3600 16th St Ste 1
San Francisco, CA 94114, US

Squat & Gobble has 20 Tips

Just ate here with a teen and another woman, and had a good lunch. I had an omelette with spinach and feta cheese, which was outstanding, with fresh fruit. The other woman had also had a Mexican omelette, and she enjoyed hers also. Ordering takes place at the cash register, and your food is delivered.
    When I went into t restaurant to eat. I was not greeted professional. After putting my order in and my food started to come out my drinks and food was sat on a counter and I had to go get my own food and drinks. If you do not tip at the register your food will be just tossed around. Even though I was going to tip in cash but after that horrible service I kept my money.
    Friend and I went here for a late lunch today and I was pleasantly surprised how delicious the burger was. Fries were also delicious. My friend had a veggie burger and she said it was amazing. I ended up getting the chocolate cake for dessert which was also really good. The service was very friendly and the clientele was also friendly there. Great place to eat and people watch!
    I have a lot of friends who have eaten at the Squat and Gobble and rave about both the food and the atmosphere. Well, the atmosphere was wonderful, the people working there were delightful, but the Pad Thai was somewhat flavorless, and generally not up to the other Thai restaurants I have eaten in. The food quality was fine, but the seasoning was pretty bland. So, my advice is to go to the Squat and Gobble, and have a wonderful time, but order something else from their large menu. I love the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously, and encourage you not to take this review too seriously either.
    Food quality is excellent and a great value (especially the pots of tea). The outdoor seating is perfect on a sunny day. Easy to access with public transportation and a nice stop if visiting upper Market/Castro district.
    A nice relaxing place in an attractive neighborhood with outside seating. Good breakfast ~ it's nice because they don't rush you out and you can sit for a long time and just reflect 🌟👍
    I have been patronizing Squat & Gobble every time I visit SF and it never disappoints. Consistently good value for the money, helpful counter service and excellent fresh food. On a two-night stopover I actually managed to make it for lunch one day and breakfast the next. That's just how much I love their food. Go ahead - squat down and gobble it up.
    We had to stop in here for breakfast because of the name. Your order your food at the counter from a giant chalkboard menu. I ordered my usual when I'm afraid of getting too much food, scrambled eggs and bacon, you also get toast and a choice between potatoes & fruit. The price was a bit more than what were accustomed too, but this is San Francisco, right? Very tasty!! I would go back if I could.
    Crowded little place with menus on the wall and ordering at the counter. Great selection of breakfast and lunch items. Bloody Marys and mimosas and real good coffee, as well as special coffee drinks too. Santa Fe scramble was great. Filled with flavor and crispy tortillas strips, over Rosemary potatoes, which I gather is their speciality. Eggs florentine came with potatoes as well the croissant sandwich was filled with ham and cheese and fruit on the side. Food is brought to your table and service was good. Average prices too. Nice spot!
    This is an awesome cafe with a big yummy menu and wifi. I had French toast and strawberries and it went down a treat. Service was fast and friendly.
    Had breakfast at this restaurant few times. Staff very friendly and helpfull. Food quality good and large dishes. Very good coffee.Had dinner to go.Good food and packing.
    I value the entire experience when I eat out, not just the meal. When we ordered our food I was confused by some areas of the menu (they have a delicious and very impressively large menu)! The guy who took our order made NO effort to clarify anything and actually made me feel embarrassed, stupid and uncomfortable. In fact, afterwards, when I asked him for advice on things to see and do in the area it was almost as if he knew less about the place than I did! Maybe a job in a pleasant looking restaurant in the Castro isn't for him. But please note: the food itself was incredible. I had a turkey sandwich which was no match to my partner's epic burger! Those onions were mighty fine.
    The quirky and unpleasant name doesn't do this delicious diner justice. There is something here for everyone. Crepes, salads, entrees and breakfasts. I love the egg white omelettes. The pumpkin bread with chocolate is unique with and unexpectedly strong hint of clove. Good coffee selection, very friendly staff and out sized portions. A great value AND experience... A rarity in SF these days.
    We went to squat and gobble twice in the week we were in San Fran bc it was so good! They have a lot of options to satisfy all tastes. Service was very nice and patient as we tried to decide what to order from their wraparound menu.
    Eggs ordered over medium but they were crispy on the edges and runny inside. Otherwise, breakfast was passable. Friendly waiter.
    I was a daily visitor on my visit to San Francisco. Wonderful cooked to order breakfasts and super service.
    Loved this place. Staff very friendly and the food had big portions and tasted great. I've gone more than once and haven't been disappointed either time. Exact staff friendliness and again, great great food.
    This restaurant is a good choice for a breakfast. It has indoor and outdoor seating. If has a wide selection of crepes, egg dishes, and salads. Very popular on weekends though.
    Staff here are friendly and pleasant and it's nice sitting outside and watching the world go by. Seats next to the restaurant is table service however seats near the road staff cannot serve you there, seems it's council seating area available to use and eat by anyone but it's not part of the cafe, if you sit here and order staff will put your food on waiters station and call you to collect so it's not a big deal. I tried Scrambled egg with avocado Jalepeno and potato and crispy flat bread strips. An interesting dish pretty heavy to eat so a good choice if your hungry. Probably need to add seasoning if my dish was anything to go by. I'm not a high salt lover but the dish was pretty under seasoned and benefitted from more seasoning. Potato cooked nice but also under seasoned. The coffee here is pretty decent for USA personally I find the coffee is usually too weak by Australian Standards but I'd say that's very much a culture thing.
    A great local breakfast and brunch cafe in the heart of the Castro. Great outdoor seeking to watch the passing parade of characters.

Similar places people viewed in San Francisco