Photo of Brenda’s Meat & Three in San Francisco, CA, US

Brenda’s Meat & Three

American Restaurant

brunch • grits • hash • chicken

919 Divisadero St
San Francisco, CA 94115, US

Brenda’s Meat & Three has 20 Tips

This is a perfect lunch spot if you are near the east side of the Panhandle...really good NOLA food including a great Gumbo, really good red beans and rice, really good fried chicken and hushpuppies to die for. Best of all the service is spot on...really customer focused friendly and helpful. Been here twice and will be back.
    Have eaten breakfast & lunch on numerous occasions in the past, this is a “go to” dining destination when we are in SF.
    We enjoyed this restaurant. Service was friendly, menu interesting. The ribs were not a hit but the chicken and fresh veggies were great. Don’t pass up the Beignets, they were the best.
    We just finished a satisfying breakfast - enhanced by friendly & outstanding customer service. First off, I have been a long time customer of the original Brenda's French Soul Food. This branch serves similar items, including her renowned biscuits. A few months ago, we were visiting our doctor in the UCSF building at Post. We decided to order takeout from Brenda's Meat & 3. When we got home, we discovered they had forgotten my biscuit order. I called to advise of the mistake and the manager told me that he would put my name in a book they keep at the front & the next time I came they would make up for the error. Six months later, after another UCSF appointment we decided to eat in. When I told the manager about the previous take out order, he said he'd take care of me, confirmed my name & that was it. Three of us ordered a cup of gumbo, flapjacks with bananas, biscuits & country gravy w/2 eggs and a chicken fried chicken breast (my order) and the day's omelet of shrimp & goat cheese. Everything was delicious, hot and filling. We ended up taking much of it home. We were told that dinner is even better- meat entrees with a choice of three sides, the quintessential Southern plate. When the check came, they comped my meal, which was a nice surprise (I thought they'd just deduct the biscuit). I highly recommend any Brenda's, but this spot is much less busy than the original, food is just as good and ambience is less frenetic. Thanks Brenda & staff for the fine Southern hospitality!
    This food is delish. Southern fried chicken and ribs with three sides. Yum. We had dessert also. Fantastic. Make sure you are hungry. This is no cheap bar and grill. The food is fantastic without being highly sweetened. We Aussies absolutely loved this place.
    If you want southern fried chicken you can taste the iron skillet they used this is the place. Biscuits so light and airy and did I mention the Johnny Cakes with shrimp, bacon and cheese OMG.
    I met four cousins I had not seen in years there for lunch and was pleasantly surprised. I had BIG MAMA’S SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH and it was as good as anything I can remember in New Orleans. Great menu, fair prices, and terrific service. Give it a try.
    Eat here. Now. Don't waste any more time looking around for restaurants, just walk out the door and head straight here.
    We were craving good veggies in a city with Italian and seafood everywhere. We found this place on trip advisor and tried it. Very quaint local restaurant with tasty veggies and excellent Cajun food. Limited bar menu but the food made up for it!!
    Yes, there's a long wait for brunch on Sunday. Just do it. Where else are you going to get pulled pork hash, or cinnamon bun pancakes, or crispy pork belly and grits, or a pork belly po' boy? Nowhere but here. And the biscuits... They could have a successful restaurant if they sold nothing but biscuits. So just stand in line and you'll be happy.
    Was there with friends and enjoyed their back garden with some great brunch servings. Their pork belly were amazingly tender and juicy. Yummy potato pancakes and best fried rolls I've tried for long time. Go there!!
    This place as a perfect formula for providing first rate Cajun themed food at reasonable prices. And it's a really fun place to eat, too. Good beer list!
    Stopped in here after it was recommended to us. We really like the chill atmosphere. Service was excellent and the food was delicious. There are options for vegetarians as well. The beignets were amazing, I'd come back just for those!
    Absolutely delicious. We came for an early dinner on a Sunday and got a table right away. Shrimp hushpuppies were so good. Spare ribs were messy, but delicious. Fried chicken was to die for. All our sides were fantastic. Wish there was room for dessert. We will come back for breakfast very soon. Oh, great service too. Couldn't be happier. Dinner for 2 with no alcohol, $60.
    Tasty foods and lovely atomosphere! I ordered Egg Benedict and spinach ,so yummy! I found a good place for brunch!
    The place is nice and friendly, the waitress was very kind and help us choosing. The food was amazing! We choose a meat and three sides (meat and three). Every choice we made was really tasty and delicious!
    The food here is amazingly phenomenal. We shared the pumpkin spice pancakes (with the cream cheese topping). As if that was not enough, for myself I had sausage, cheesy grits (which were to die for), biscuits and poached eggs. I still have visions and wishes from that meal, months later. A definite recommend.
    Reasonably priced, large portions. Delicious fried chicken and lovely tender biscuits and slaw. Fries are disappointing and service is mediocre but this is otherwise a great experience.
    Such a great meal. Fried chicken, collards, pimento cheese, cream biscuits and cheese grits...all delicious Sad that we were too full for the beignet sampler....next time!
    Not far from 4505 BBQ on Divisadero is another solid Southern restaurant, with a short-ish menu, but many dishes cooked with a twist. 'Spicy' fried chicken, gigantic beignets (savoury not sweet, stuffed with small shrimps), dungeness crab croque-monsieur, gumbo, etc. They should provide Tabasco sauce, of preferably Sriracha, for customers wanting spicier food. Those who say "an apple a day keeps the doctor away" would add "a Brenda's meal a day would block the arterial ways", but in the meantime, enjoy the food!

Similar places people viewed in San Francisco