Photo of Blue Barn Gourmet in San Francisco, CA, US

Blue Barn Gourmet

American Restaurant

salad • sandwiches • blt • chicken

2105 Chestnut St
San Francisco, CA 94123, US

Blue Barn Gourmet has 20 Tips

loved the spicy tuna salad but I had to wait 20 minutes for to go food. I was there with a family member and she had a salad as well..plus one glass of wine and it was over 50 bucks
    Contemporary old world feel to it with it's friendly atmosphere. At first the menu was a little scary for me as it seemed to have turkey and bacon on most things, but then you should go the menu stand by the door and there is a 'pick your own salad' slip. The salads that come are huge and just as you requested! But the chicken sandwiches are so mouth watering and a meal within themselves but I still think of them now I am back home!!
    Everything about this place was great! We had burgers and fries. Not a lot of seating but I think this store was more of a takeaway. They had a bigger place around the block.
    Called in for a quick bite to eat. I had the barn burger -truffle style and shared a Caesar salad. Excellent food. I had a glass of red wine (Pinot noir) it was also very good. I would definitely eat here again.
    Blue bard offers great healthy sandwiches and salad which are tasty and filling. Servings are huge with affordable prices. a must try!
    Unimpressive interior. Order at the counter, take a number and get food delivered to the table. Arugula Salad, $12.75, bottled water, $3.00, Cobb Salad, $16.95. Both salads were bland and factually tasteless. Value is negative. Difficult to return.
    First time visit to Blue Barn. Great selection of salads and other items made fresh to order. Nice selection of ingredients that can be selected for your custom salad. Clean facility and great customer service. Definitely recommend!
    I was surprised that a healthy "real food" type of restaurant in San Francisco would not have a gluten free bread option for the half of their menu that is sandwiches. I ordered a salad instead and it was delivered with a hunk of gluten bread in it. I picked it out but didn't see the tiny croutons until it was too late. Bummer because for me it's an extreme health issue. If they staff had been nice or helpful I would have given three stars but no. Food tasted good but made me sick.
    Neat little place in a cool area of San Fran. Lots of little shops in the area too. Very busy for lunch, so expect a line and a wait. Food was very good though.
    The food was delicious !The portion sizes are huge we had the chicken oriental salad and it was so big we couldn't eat it all next time I would split it with someone. Husband has a sandwich same thing couldn't eat it all .Its a order then pay and they bring it to your table service was pretty fast Loved the rock and roll music they had on also
    After a long morning of of exploring the city we happened upon the blue barn, what an unexpected surprise! The food was very fresh clean and a healthy amount. Great menu with many offerings (almost too many) and friendly and courteous servers. A local hotspot that is well worth a stop in!
    Very small joint. Far from beaten path - but well worth a trip. Just 2 miles from Pier 33. Staff -very nice and efficient. You can observe how your food is created in this small but creative kitchen. Be prepare for wait 20 min - "like they said - good food takes time" Tomato soup was nice, hot and thick! Truffle sand was very fresh with great taste of garlic, turkey and salad placed between yummy ciabatta roll. Masala - with Indian spices good as well. Detox - wow! - as the name said nothing in it, to give nice detox. Caesar- little different than normal.
    There is no relation between the price you pay and the quality of food you are served. Blue Barn has both high quality eats, and decent prices. We just ate at the Tonga room last night, and had the opposite experience.
    Still dreaming about the spicy tuna salad. It was expensive but worth every bite! Restaurant is small and its hard to get a place to sit but staff is friendly and its absolutely worth the wait and any inconvenience!
    Loved the falafel sandwich and the Spicy Tuna salad. The weather was great so we sat outside Excellent food and service !
    The menu offers a good selection of different flavors, most of which seems fresh and healthy. I am always pleasantly surprised with how large the portion sizes are, at least for the salads; there is always plenty to take home for another meal. Not a lot of seating inside, so at prime lunch hours, there can be a wait to find a spot.
    The food is amazing. Great take out place. Limited seating and can be loud when the lines get long. The BLT was the best we ever had.
    I suggest going with one of their menu salads, as they mix flavors quite well. It is probably a little more than what a salad should be, but it's delicious and healthy and fresh. Their homemade dressings are good, too. It's a meal you can feel good about. We got ours to-go and I love the little Chinese-style take out boxes they put them in (we even ate our with chopsticks when we got home!)
    Very rustic specialising in salads and sandwiches.Eating seating both inside and outside.generous portions but sandwich flavour was indistinct due to drenching in spicy sauce.
    Divine sandwiches and salads. The food is great, and thus, takes time to prepare. A bit pricey but very consistent, generous portions and fine food!

Similar places people viewed in San Francisco