Photo of Bi-Rite Creamery in San Francisco, CA, US

Bi-Rite Creamery

American Restaurant

Bi-Rite Creamery124.5
ice cream • honey lavender • sundae • roasted banana

Bi-Rite Creamery has 32 Tips

ice cream
    In a town of long lines, Bi-Rite’s may very well be the most dependable — come rain or come shine, we will wind around the block for the pleasure of a scoop or three. Get your money’s worth with one of its killer sundaes — our top pick is the Afternoon Snack, featuring roasted banana ice cream, caramel sauce, and the absolutely perfect house-made graham crackers. Don’t forget to take full advantage of their free-sample policy, too
    So good, try the jimmies on anything
    Also long line so try to go on a week day or just get a sundae at the express line
    BEST ICE CREAM!
    If Bi-rite could come in the form of fabric, it'd be silk. The creamiest, meltiest, most flavorful icecream you'll taste. Expect a line and don't expect to find seating. So being gloves on those cold days so you can stroll comfortably while eating :)
    BEST ICE CREAM IVE EVER TASTED. This is a cant miss!
    1 Like
    If you like ice cream, this is the only place you need to know. Familiarize yourself with the Bi-Rite Creamery, as it is an oasis for ice cream lovers across town. Whatever you do, get a scoop of the Salted Caramel before you leave! It's divine.
    Heavenly desserts. Try the Chocolate-Coconut Ice Cream.
    Adjacent to the perpetually long lines of Bi-Rite Creamery is their much calmer soft serve window, which offers two flavors of soft serve every day AND (previously unknown to me) cookie ice cream sandwiches!
    Fun ice cream - try ricanelas and roasted banana and salted caramel
    Great flavors!
    This ice cream is not on par with popular neighborhood ice cream shops in other cities, and is not the best dessert in SF. Nor is Bi-Rite worth the wait in line.
    Great local place for ice cream with neat flavors! Right next to Dolores Park which is an excellent place to enjoy the ice cream.
    Bi-rite, San Francisco serves the most delectable ice cream. Salted Caramel is my favourite. There is a long queque always, to avoid that go for the box (bulk purchase) if you are in a group. They make you taste different flavours and staff if pretty courteous.
    We stopped by the Bi-Rite Creamery to sample (yes, you can get samples) and select some ice cream - I loved the non-dairy chai ice cream made with bananas and coconut milk and my friends bought a variety of dairy ice creams either by the scoop or by the pint. The only downside here is no nutritional info on the pint. No idea how many calories were consumed but I am guessing it was a lot - well worth it!!!
    It was great! Could eat all the ice cream, they let you sample...all flavors. They also have a great selection of ice cream sandwiches which you get to create, and divine sundaes.
    I love trying out local ice cream shops when I travel, so I made sure my visit to SF included Bi Rite! I had Drunken Breakfast, cinnamon snickerdoodle, and black Sesame. They were all amazing but the black sesame was on another level of delicious! Highly recommend this place to anyone who enjoys high quality ice cream.
    They iced creams is real good although the line is heckishly long, yo. I prefer plain, but they got them all kinds of crazy flavors and most of it is gluten free.
    Terrific San Francisco ice cream spot, right near Dolores Park. So fresh, so creamy, so good. Loved the banana and salted caramel.
    salted caramel was the original and still the greatest. the bonus is that you are in the heart of the mission district.
    This place is pretty darn good if you want about as close as to the real deal of old fashion and cranking salt and ice bucket old-school ice cream. My dad and my grandfather told me how to make it and I still make it today and I've taught it to my son so we're on the fourth generation. I always get one scoop of vanilla as a good base. Great texture and plenty of cream in there batter. Just enough richness to keep you going back for more. I had one taste of salt which also took me back to that happens when you're on the back porch with a little rocksalt can accidentally fallen. Also I got an orange flavor with a spice added flavor that was really intriguing. A great flavor complement to the vanilla bean. Go for it!!
    The ice cream cookie sandwiches were my weakness on my trip. I ate here multiple times over the span of two weeks.
    Had a long layover in Oakland, so took the Bart into San Francisco for a stop at Bi-Rite. The salted caramel was delicious, the coffee toffee was good but a distant second to the salted caramel.
    On a warm day in SF, it is a given that there will be a very long line in front of Bi-Rite. Their ice cream is amazing! My favorite is balsamic strawberry. If you love strawberry ice cream like I do, you will be so happy! While you are there, try their baked goods! At times, they have pie so I usually get a scoop of ice cream with the pie. Double the fun! AND they have soft serve and the line is ALWAYS shorter and it's equally yummy! Enjoy!
    Of the few ice cream places available in san francisco, bi-rite, for me, is the best in terms of flavor diversity, texture, consistency, and volume. It seems that there are flavors that a simple non-gourmet might want, such as salted caramel, or vanilla. There are ice cream combinations that are really delicate and worth remembering. Sundaes are big and there are 5 types to choose from. They have ice cream sandwiches, too! The downside is that it is not easy to get there from downtown. Thank God for Uber!!!
    Amazing Icecream using all locally sourced produce. My husband got a couple scoops and I got a cookie (homemade of course!) It was absolutely delicious and the staff are so friendly!
    This establishment is a very famous spot in SF for ice cream. Yes it is a small place. With this place being small, parking can be tough. There are spots where you should not park nearby and it does seem people take the risk of getting a parking ticket just for ice cream! You crazy people! Anyways, with the popularity of Bi-Rite, the line is long. They have a great variety of flavors to try and if I had an infinite sweet tooth, I would definitely try many more of these flavors. Service is quick, prompt, yet nice, and they still will have you try a flavor or two even though the line is long, especially since many out of towners come here.. like me! In the end, I opted for scoops of their salted caramel and ricanelas. The ricanelas was a recommendation from their worker, and this was great. It has that taste of caramel in it, which was of course a different style than the salted caramel. Both tasted very good and I will say the ricanelas was my favorite of the two. And no, I did not park illegally to get here and made sure I legally got some delicious ice cream to eat!
    This is definitely one of the top ice cream places in SF - not sure if it beats Mr & Mrs Miscellaneous - but it is without doubt excellent ice cream. The queue can be long, so if you ever go past when there isn't a line, make the effort to visit. Very good salted caramel ice cream and some excellent seasonal flavors e.g. Sticky toffee pudding. Prices also extremely reasonable
    Gourmet market with wonderful and unusual items and nice service people! I couldn't understand why there was always a long line for the ice cream across the street, until I tried the salted caramel. Now I crave it and can't find it at home!!
    Friends told us about Bi-Rite so we had to give it a try. The word is out! We pulled up to discover a line down the street. Well worth the wait. Flavors are creative, fresh and fantastic. Honey Lavender, Roasted Banana, Malted Vanilla were all faves in our group. If you love ice cream you will love Bi-Rite.
    Tried 5 different flavored and all were amazing. Salted caramel and roasted banana are all time favorites. We also tried seasonal flavor sesame and lavander both were worth the try and very unique. Our son tried cookie and cream and it was far more delicious than the ones outside.

Similar places people viewed in San Francisco