Photo of Baker Street Bistro in San Francisco, CA, US
Photo of Baker Street Bistro in San Francisco, CA, US
Photo of Baker Street Bistro in San Francisco, CA, US

Baker Street Bistro

French Restaurant

mussels • lamb chops • salads • charcuterie

Baker Street Bistro has 20 Tips

Service was great. Food was okay but nothing amazing. Decor and atmosphere was really ho-hum. A bit worn, a little dirty even...overall was okay but don't get the rave reviews...so many better restaurants in the city.
    Thank you Baker Street Bistro for an amazing dinner. The French onion soup was phenomenal, the lamb chops cooked to perfection and he the carrot/ginger mash was everything I had hoped for from reading the description. Well worth the trek from union square. Perfect place for an intimate dinner - plus space that can accommodate a group.
    I selected Baker Street Bistro to celebrate my wife's birthday. The setting is excitingly authentic, the service was good, but the food, very bistro French, missed the mark. My duck was over cooked. I selected this place because of the effusive review on Check Please Bay Area, which said ti was very romantic. I didn't have the same experience, but I'd return for another try since I liked the setting and service.
    We throughly enjoyed our lunch here at this cute little French establishment located on a quieter side street off Union, near the Presidio. The Brut Rose was crisp and refreshing and a perfect complement to our Croque Madame sandwiches with house salads. The sandwiches were very authentic and the bread was delicious! We capped off our meal with a beautiful and tasty Creme Brûlée and a good strong cup of coffee, complete with warmed cream (nice touch because I hate it when the cream makes my coffee tepid!) We dined outside since it was a nice day, but the interior of the restaurant was definitely appealing and cozy. All the meals the other diners were enjoying looked equally delicious. Service was gracious and attentive. We look forward to our next meal here!
    We went to snack on the mussels after a recommendation was made. They were abundant. And they were divine! Great crispy fries served and yummy bread. It was April Fools Day and they got us good. A bill for $2644!!
    I got here right when they opened. It was near my hotel. The staff was very, very nice. They were playing nice French music. It was quiet and comfortable. I had the smoked salmon hollandaise and it was delicious. Came with perfectly poached eggs and a well-dressed side salad. Many regulars came in and knew the staff by name. Great local feel.
    Close to the Presidio, this tiny spot offers French food in a relaxed setting. The service was warm and welcoming. There is a prix fixe of three courses each evening "until it runs out." One chose a lamb chop dish. and declared it the best he'd had in some years. The other had duck l'orange, which was dry and a bit gamey, although the saucing and sides compensated. French wines, of course, selected with help from server. We agreed we will return, I for the mussels, for which the place is well known. Or maybe the prix fixe will appeal? Parking was easy around the corner too. Charming and relaxing, for dinners who want to linger and talk, as in Paris.
    the food, service and atmosphere were perfect, really one of the best dining experiences we've ever had
    Sleepy little neighborhood cafe with great croques and other French favorites, Limited wine selection but the food is worth is.
    This is my go to place for dinner whenever I go to the Palace of Fine Arts for an event. They usually have a wonderful prix fixe menu for dinner, but must get there early enough before it sells out. Yet, to have a bad meal there. Food has always been good and savory.
    We walked from our hotel room at Inn at the Presidio to this small, cozy French restaurant, which we were told is owned and operated by a French couple. The restaurant is small but comfortable. The service prompt and friendly. The food is hearty traditional French and very good. The mussels had great flavor, and the Orange duck nicely prepared. We had a lovely family dinner here and enjoyed it very much.
    The ambiance was fantastic, and the food was EXCELLENT! I wish I lived in SF so I could make this my regular haunt. The staff was so lovely as well. Merci beaucoup!
    Whenever I'm in San Francisco, I always dine (at least once) at Baker Street Bistro. This is a quaint, quiet, warm and inviting Bistro which, in addition to superb and personal service, offers a great and delightful French Bistro menu (usually with daily specials). French wines and champagnes are offered along with a selection of California wines. For a light and delicious meal two can enjoy a wonderful cheese and fruit plate coupled with the charcuterie, a good bottle of wine and fresh French bread. The menu provides a wonderful selection of delicious meals, so there is always something delightful for everyone. Great conversation with friends who enjoy sharing wonderful French Bistro cuisine and wine makes for a pleasant and relaxing evening.
    We were staying by the Presidio and looking for an interesting meal. We found the Baker Street Bistro and were quite pleased. It's small (maybe 15 tables), and quite intimate and charming. The food was excellent (loved the roasted salmon), wine was good and the prices were reasonable. Recommended.
    On a recent stay in San Francisco, we stumbled upon the Baker Street Bistro around the corner from our hotel. What a find! The atmosphere and the food were great. A French owner and staff make this an authentic experience...better than many we've had in France! My husband had a salad and Moules et Frites Provencale; I had the cream of mushroom soup and the roast salmon special. We shared an order of Profiteroles for dessert. Everything was delicious, the service was lovely and the prices were reasonable. If you arrive early enough, they have a daily Prix Fixe dinner that's a real bargain, but when it's gone, it's gone. Nice wine list. We would definitely return the next time we're in San Francisco.
    Wonderful, authentic French cuisine. Friendly and accommodating service. I had some wild scallops with a broccoli purée, zucchini and red bell pepper collision. My husband had the classic boeuf bourgignon. Lovely Bordeaux wine and a cotes du Rhone to go with our meals. The chocolate mousse was great and we had the most divine dessert wines to compliment our dessert. Can't wait to go back and taste more of the menu.
    This small establishment is French bistro in style with a small but pleasant menu featuring French comfort food accompanied by appropriate and inexpensive wines and by very friendly service. The early bird dinner special is a three course meal that is a bargain. Tables are filled with locals.
    Lovely dinner on a Saturday evening. The canard de orange was wonderful As WAS The lamb stew. I highly recommend this place.
    The restaurant is opened till the evenung according ti the website. Came here at 15.30 and it's closed. This should be mentioned if you are not serve late lunch.
    In my experience French centric restaurants are typically overpriced because, well, they're French. I can see where when exceptional sauces and dishes are prepared one should pay for the additional labor and expertise. But unfortunately when typically paid a premium for expertise. Our party of six enjoyed a wonderful evening of French cuisine and wine at the Baker Street Bistro, a somewhat funky but very relaxed establishment a couple of blocks from the Presidio. Everyone enjoyed their entrées which included: a very crisp Traditionnel Confit de Canard, filet mignon with blue cheese, a very generous and delicious moules provencale, and a quite satisfying Coq au Vin. The Salade de Chèvre Chaud was a real treat as is the Soupe à l’Oignon.The wine selections were somewhat limited but each glass or bottle was delicious and very reasonably priced. The service was very friendly and very professional. We will be back and sooner than later.

Similar places people viewed in San Francisco