Jaynes Gastropub

Bar

Jaynes Gastropub24.5
burger • fish and chips • gelato • sticky toffee pudding

Jaynes Gastropub has 22 Tips

The food is excellent!
    “Everything they do at Jaynes Gastropub is good. The style and quality of service is top-notch.” - Giancarlo, Head pizza chef and general manager, Caffé Calabria
    Fabulous garden setting and great food. Had short ribs and they were delicious. The sorbet and gelato were outstanding.
    Jayne's gastropub food was excellent but portions small for the price. Sit in the patio, its charming. Don't miss the fries and poteen but don't let your partner have any, there are too good to share.
    Lovely and enchanting patio. We had asked to be outside and it was the right choice. I ordered sauvignon Blanc and it was perfect. Started with the calendar plate. Nice portion for sharing. They were tender & tasty. Main course for me was a perfectly cooked pork chop, black kale and mashed potatoes. Delicious! Grand daughter had braised short ribs on spaetzle. She loved it.finished it off with a rhubarb desert with vanilla ice cream. We left there very happy. Our hostess was so delightful and attentive enough. Very helpful with making the right choices. A perfect evening. Will recommend and return with my husband.:)
    This restaurant has what I would describe as an eclectic menu. I ordered the vegetarian dish called eggplant tikka masala that included seasoned vegetables, currant cous cous, curry coconut , almonds and a lemon yogurt sauce served with a small side of crispy naan. The flavors were distinct and the portions were generous and I would order it again. A minor complaint was the pour size of the wine. I ordered a $12 glass of malbec and if it was 4 ounces, I would be surprised. I wondered if I got the last pour out of an open bottle and the bar tender was not inclined to open a new bottle to give me a full pour. I say this because my dining companion ordered a glass of red blend and that glass was noticeably more full.
    We had dinner with about 15 of us after a meeting. The weather was rainy so we had to eat inside splitting the group between two tables. This wasn't a problem for us. Everyone liked the appetizers, main courses and desserts. I was compelled to have dessert when I spotted Sticky Toffee Pudding, one of my favorites, on the menu. Nice assortment of beers, wines, and drinks. Pub like decor - but quieter and more refined overall atmosphere. Mix of pub food with more refined dining options too. With our large group they would normally require cash only and no separate checks. My assistant talked to them in advance and they made an exception accepting credit cards or cash with individual checks! Only negative was difficulty in finding parking. The difficulty was worth it!
    Our book club meets here every other month There is a great bar In the summer order a Hendricks gin gimlet and in the winter a Little Italy you won't be sorry. Food is consistently excellent. Great risotto and if the schnitzel is on the menu it is a must. Very good wine list fairly priced. Great atmosphere Friendly staff and owner. Always look forward to dining at Jaynes
    I had driven by this restaurant on numerous occasions and never noticed it. What a find that my daughter introduced me to! A very small, cozy, British pub interior with excellent dishes and superb friendly service. During warm weather, there is outdoor dining in a back patio area.
    My best friend and I came here for Thanksgiving dinner and we're delighted. Delicious food, the friendliest service and a wonderful atmosphere. Can't wait to come back!
    French and English decor on the inside. Despite the limited beer selection they chose their brews well. The food was also pretty spectacular. No complaints there. Thumbs up.
    This place is like a giant hug. The food will put you in a coma...but in a good way. The service was amazing. Highly recommend checking this place out. Cheers!
    Decided to hit up this place for Restaurant Week - had been before during Taste of Adams and really liked the vibe - so finally decided to have dinner here. So great!!!! Service: from the bartender (sorry forgot her name) to our server Robert - it was EXCELLENT. Attentive, informative and just what service should be. Food: 4 of us - some had RW menu and some did not. I really like the menu, lots of great options. Went for the RW menu myself and really loved the pozole, the scallops (delicious and cooked just right - though wish there was 4 instead of 3). Gelato was good, but I could have done without the toffee pudding. Wine list was great! Atmosphere - Awesome! Both inside and out. This is a small place though - so be forewarned. I'd recommend a table outside in the lovely courtyard - just perfect! Only con for me - some of the prices seemed a bit high (around $20 for fish n chips?), Maybe a few more beers on tap? They do have a HH daily (I think!) with some discounted drinks/wine for $7 and a discount on the beer I believe. HH is only in the very small bar area so limited seating. Great North Park Gem!
    Jayne's provides everything you're looking for when planning a date night. Great ambiance, amazing food, crafted cocktails and impeccable service. My wife and I loved everything about this place. Great patio too! It's a must try! Cheers🍻
    This is my favorite place for fried chicken in San Diego. It's only on Wednesday night and comes with the most delicious greens ever. My mom always wants to visit Jayne's when she's here also. So good and a very interesting wine list. Worth the price for a special treat and try to dine on the patio.
    Six of us showed up for dinner at 7:45. An hour and a half later and we had yet to be served our main courses. The reason was a "buyout", i.e., the restaurant gave top priority to a group sitting in the outside area. Normally, a buyout means that the restaurant closes or at least shuts off part due to a large group either taking it or a section over. In this case, the group outside got served and we got ignored. After the extended wait, we spoke with the waiter, who mentioned the buyout. Fast forward, the manager came over to apologize and comped our appetizers. That said, the food was fine, but it seems likely that the restaurant was overcommitted and should not have accepted reservations beyond those of the group.
    We went for dinner on Saturday night with another couple. We sat on the patio and had a table in the corner. It was delightful. Cozy and welcoming atmosphere with strung lights, a bit eclectic but not overdone. The food was very good. The Duck Confit Salad was delicious. The local halibut was a bit disappointing because the spicy sauce with the sausage overpowered the fish. We also tried the short ribs with spatzle and it was really good. The patio is the place to sit.
    The perfect little enchanted garden, with lights strung overhead, tall green hedges and flower pots the setting for great food and excellent service. Caesar Salad is yummy, the specials each night are delicious and the atmosphere is friendly neighborhood people.
    We ordered the muscles of the day for appetizer. They were so good with a mild spicy sauce. The salmon special was perfectly dine and so were the gnoccis. The dessert was very good. The tab was high but the food was worth it. Service was so so but they were very busy. If you can call ask for patio sitting that would be the icing on the cake. Looks much nicer and less noisy.
    Well the outside is not much to see at night. The building across the street has boards because I'm told it's under construction. The sign "Jaynes" isn't easy to see in the dark either. We hesitated parking and getting out.... Well lucky for us we DID park and go inside. Terrific memorable food! Jaynes is An English Public House with a bar for 12 as soon as you enter. A small open kitchen, an intimate restaurant with seating for about 28 inside, and a few more tables outside on the quaint heated patio. An English flag hangs on the wall in case you didn't know you were in a British Pub & restaurant. The menu is English with some Indian cuisine influence. There are Indian dishes such as lamb skewers, saffron, chicken tikka masala on the menu. There are also Shepard's Pie and Fish & Chips for the traditionalist. I had some seared scallops that were tender & moist inside. They were accompanied by couscous and a pool of saffron sauce. The tiniest sweet green peas and baby arugula were mixed into the couscous. Fantastic! Well worth the trip into North Park!
    This is a favorite of our host while we stay in San Diego. The reasons are evident based on the excellent food and attentive service we received. The menu is diverse so there are a lot of options and our party of 6 tried many of them. Everyone loved their choices. Jayne's attracts a casual yet upscale crowd and the pricing reflects that, but it's well worth it! We were able to sit in the patio on the mild evening we were there which proved a good choice since the inside of the restaurant would have been far too noisy for us to conduct conversations. This is a cute place and well worth coming back to...
    We've lived in the area for about 15 years and didn't start going to Jayne's until recently. My wife wrote an article about Jayne's for a local publication as part of all the exciting businesses along 30th St between Adams and El Cajon Blvd. so we got to know Jayne the owner a little bit since then. We've now been there a few times and it's always great - I love the burger and fish and chips but they serve a lot of gourmet items and my wife always gets something a little more gourmet that she always likes. The mixed drinks are great and strong and the ambiance is very cool and relaxed. We like to sit in the outside patio. It can get pretty crowded so make sure to call ahead or go early. Parking in the area is always a challenge so give yourself time to park or take an Uber!

Similar places people viewed in San Diego