Upload Business Photo

Origin Coffee & Tea

Restaurant

Origin Coffee & Tea has 7 Tips

22 days ago
    Found this spot because I was traveling from out of town and did not want Starbucks. I really like the focus of this business and the selflessness of the goal of helping those who are in need. The space is fun and the coffee is decent. I wish there was some more info inside the shop about donations and their mission so that more people can learn about such an important cause.
    A great place to get a quick coffee or tea. Plenty of seating indoors and out. Background music is upbeat yet not too loud. Free Wi-Fi and space to spread out. Great for making business phone calls and answering emails for a few hours. Dessert style pastries available. Since I am not a coffee drinker I cannot speak to their quality of coffee but I asked a few patrons and they were happy with what they received. I had a lemonade and a blueberry scone, both delicious and not overly sugary. Good mix of patrons from college kids studying to older male and female business people conducting important business functions while enjoying a coffee.
    So we walk to the store and a sign in the window says they will be closed for Easter so volunteers can spend time with family. Of course, this made me curious. I asked the "employee" and he said all but two workers are volunteer and the profits from the entire store are donated to combat human trafficking. What a different and wonderful idea!!! The store itself has a very warm atmosphere and great coloring with wood like paneling. My daughter and I both had the mocha and it was very tasty. We wish they had one of these in the San Francisco area as we would make a point to be frequent customers. I'd rather spend my coffee money on a place that donates its money to charity (and a great charity st that). If you are in the area, I would recommend for both the coffee and the cause. Next time we're in the area, we will stop by.
    As say first review, MARLIN FISH from Sacra hotel takes me here! Except for GENERAL MANAGER, all here are volunteers! One person from somewhere Hawaii say much cheaper than any Starbucks, TIGER thinks he right! MARLIN FISH orders TIGER a child drink and child sandwich, himself his drink, get this, all three items about $5.00 with tax! So the person from Hawaii right, three items at or about $5.00 with tax, is really way cheaper than any Starbucks! Best part, all the proceeds helping a children charity, whoo hoo for that information, for that fact! Ah yes, they letting customers stay as long as necessary, not chase them out! Many college students, we there four or more hours, so were many the college students! FIVE STAR rate from TIGER! Best part as TIGER says, all helps children charity!
    Was rainy that Thursday! Marlin Fish from That Sacramento hotel you knowing where, you knowing when, you knowing who, take hotel guest Tiger from Oakland here! She had read that except for GENERAL MANAGER, all the here are volunteers! The lady Julia, short brown hair, does confirm to Tiger that yes, they all volunteers! All proceeds go help children charity! Marlin knows Tiger likes order Pediatric (CHILD) menu, he orders her child hot chocolate, child ham and cheese something call Croissant, he order his drink! All this less than five dollar with tax, wow! They spend over four hours here! Many college students spend long times, studying! Tiger ask what college nearby, Marlin he tells her, "Probably the Sierra College!" They working ideas for his next book! Tiger will give this a five! Other places Rose Ville she gave four but this gets five from her!
    A nice, quiet cafe. Friendly staff, comfy atmosphere, and pretty awesome that profits go towards fighting human trafficking.
    They serve awesome selection of teas in this place. The Ginger -orange is just very soothing. I will definitely go there again when I'm in the area. The ambiance is also quite nice. Big but cozy. Woodsy decor.

Similar places people viewed in Rocklin

Browse Restaurants in Nearby Neighborhoods