Royal Mandarin

Chinese Restaurant

Royal Mandarin14.5
wings • pepper chicken • noodles • great food

1132 E Plaza Blvd Ste 205
National City, CA 91950, US

Royal Mandarin has 21 Tips

“I love Royal Mandarin on Plaza Boulevard. They have the best chicken wings.” - Susie James, Head chef, Island Spice
    You can't go to San Diego and not been to Royal Mandarin. Shareable portions. great prices and hands down the best chinese food!
    Went there for lunch and they had big servings, we portioned the food before we start eating and had the other half to go. We took one of their specials offers and also the one with vegetables and beef. They were good food, we were seated as soon as we arrived a little before 12 noon, but by the time we were done, there was a long cue. We also tried their salt and pepper chicken for a party.
    This restaurant was recommended by my coworkers. It was great restaurant with a nice staff. The salt pepper wings were amazing. The food is fairly priced and the portion size is great. I will definitely go back my next time in San Diego. I highly recommend this restaurant.
    Food was ok/good... Service was great. At work our people have this food catered and it is always good. That's were the title "It's better when it's free" comes from. I would eat here again the portions are huge and filling. Prices are decent. Clean restaurant and restrooms.
    My grandson was really wanting to go to the Royal Mandarin because he got some salt and pepper chicken that a friend brought to school . So I took him to lunch and the food service and price were really good . I could not believe the amount of food that people take out there . They have some really good deals if you are having a party . Well worth the money . Besides now I am the hero ...
    Ordered BBQ, SaltedChicken and Calimari from here for a party. Food was outstanding and reasonably priced.
    Excellent Chinese food and awesome service with very personable employees and for Chinese food in the area it is excellent. Very reasonable prices and fast perfect service.
    This place is it! The salt and pepper wings were AMAZING!! I was a little unsure at first about having friend chicken wings with Chinese food but it couldn't have been a better pair! The noodles was amazing as well! I like how they have chicken, and shrimp in them! Not to expensive either. Hit the 4 person meal with the salt and pepper chicken, orange chicken, Mongolian beef, noodles and fried rice. It was so much food. We had leftovers that we ate the next day! Definitely a place to try!
    My family really wanted Chinese food. It was hard to find a place open on New Year's Day. Our first impression when we walked in the restaurant was not positive. The place was chaotic and seemed unorganized. We were quickly seated and the service while some what sleepy was prompt. The food was amazing. I recommend this to anyone who likes Asian food.
    We always get the salt and pepper wings. They are delicious and come out so fast, and piping hot. You have to try these!
    A few years back, I went to Michelle Lundeen's birthday party. Michelle is San Diego's "Queen of Steam," blues diva, the real thang. Two hours into the party, amidst loads of the best potluck food, in walks Michelle's horn player, carrying high above his head, a catering-size aluminum pan. A half dozen of us scurry to clear a space on one of the tables and when he sets the pan down, there sit the biggest wings I've ever seen, crispy and pale gold-fried, and sprinkled with green onions. I must have eaten 10. On this trip to San Diego county, I wanted to find the wings I never saw again. Yep, they are the salt and pepper chicken wings, for which people form long lines, at the Royal Mandarin. Recently remodeled, but with no improvement in ambience, the Royal Mandarin is located in a nondescript strip mall. The best chicken wings this side of the border don't need ambience. The little-old-lady waitresses are just right home-style touch for the un-un-cozy cafeteria vibe. Don't recommend the Mongolian beef. Do recommend the sautéed spinach. Will definitely come back down for the wings next time I'm out west.
    It's a simple neighborhood Chinese restaurant. Not much on ambience. To go orders are well prepared and packaged. The price is right, and the food is fresh with NO MSG! This is our favorite "go to" restaurant in our neighborhood. Always good.
    Since the remodel, I feel like they don't put there 100% into the food anymore. We ordered the noodles that tasted like it was just sitting there for awhile. But the salt pepper was delicious! Can't complain about that!😊
    Consistently long lines, especially during weekends. Their Salt and pepper chicken is the all time favorite .
    Really the whole menu is good and it's cheap as hell! The salt and pepper wings are probably the best wings I have ever had in my life!
    The Royal Mandarin Chinese restaurant has excellent food! I was surprised that the Quality of the food for the affordable price.
    They have the best chicken wings ever!!! We planned our vacation in San diego setting aside an afternoon just to eat here. The service is so-so. We also had cashew chicken which was awesome. Wish we had this place in Louisiana.
    Just got and order to go, ready in about 15 minutes.In a strip mall with every sort of store, restaurant you can imagine.I love pork fried rice like I use to eat in Brooklyn.This was not quite there, but it was good.Egg roll nothing special.
    The staff was very solicitous (maybe TOO much, since I got there early and was waiting for someone and was hovered over.) It was worth it, the food was wonderful. I'm not too adventuresome, so I got sweet and sour pork, and it was great. There was plenty of food and I took the rest home and it made two more meals. I'd go there again. It's in a cramped shopping center and a little hard to find, and the restaurant is somewhat small and crowded at noon, but it's friendly, fast, and delicious - what more could you want?
    Great food, always very busy. Wish they closed long enough to the shampoo carpet. Sometimes aesthetics are important.

Similar places people viewed in National City