Wassayaks

Cafe

sandwiches • burrito • friendly service • yaks

333 N Mount Shasta Blvd
Mount Shasta, CA 96067, US

Wassayaks has 20 Tips

Have been to Wassayaks a few times and enjoyed it every time. Andrew and his staff are super friendly and attentive and the food is fresh and well made.
    My husband and I stopped in here for a quick breakfast while in Mount Shasta. We both ordered a specialty coffee drink and a breakfast burrito., The place was very busy-and we had to wait a long time for our food to be prepared. The wait was worth it because the burritos were amazing!
    Wassayaks, named after it's first incarnation, Yak's, (now Yak's on the 5 in Dunsmuir, CA, yes, GO!) is fun a hot-spot for coffee, home-made bagels, sandwiches, and salads. Brightly-colored murals pop with reds and oranges, seating includes a variety of tables, (some with chess sets out) and a wall honoring all local events, which range from the metaphysical to seasonal skiing/snowboarding/climbing. Nestled in a row Internationally famous for New Age boutiques, Wassayak's is a super friendly, welcoming, inclusive place.
    Coffee was great. The food is well worth a visit. Friendly people, offer suggestions of what to see, how to get there etc.
    Reasonably priced coffee & refills. Amazing Chai which can be veganized! Must try. Wifi, and chill vibes. Lots of seating. Amazing staff. I really enjoy coming here! I also recommend the Marathon Bars which are vegan. They are great! They have chess boards that you can play as well :)
    This is our go-to stop for lunch when we're in the area. The staff is friendly and good is good. On our last stop, my wife had a bowl and I had a 1/2 sandwich and salad. Both were well prepared and tasty. It appears to be a favorite with the locals.
    This place is special! Everything we had was amazing...salad, wrap, nachos (definitely get these!), and BLT. Also the coffee was strong and tasty and they use linguini pieces for stirrer straws...love that!
    Love this little cafe! Great friendly staff, good food, and central location. We love the loaded vegitarian burrito.
    I love the coffee and breakfast wraps here, and the Marathon which is like a large cookie but it's actually good for you. Come to think of it, I love all the food I've eaten here. It's fresh and delivered with delight, you feel like a local even if you're not. Don't miss it, this is a remarkably great place to start your day, sip coffee, eat, talk to people or do some work on your computer. I never miss going here when I'm in town, it's that wonderful!
    My wife and I are pretty much coffee snobs, and the coffee here is excellent. The sticky buns are nothing short of amazing; unbelievably light and fluffy dough and just the right amount of sweet sticky goo. The bagels are fresh and very flavorful, and my wife said the vegetarian wrap she ordered was delicious. We will not pass this place by whenever we pass through Shasta, Ca. from now on.
    Wassayaks is a fun place to gather and the food is fresh and yummy. I love their salads and my husband loves their sandwiches. Service is always with a smile.
    Their chai tea latte is the best. Far better than Starbucks. Always friendly service. Muffins etc. available as well as breakfast burritos. Lunch is good too. But I like their salads best.
    Wassayaks used to be just "Yaks" - the food and coffee is even better than it was before (I thinks owners are related). The owner has his own chai recipe - excellent. When I am on the road, this is the kind of café I hope to find in a little town - really good food, friendly service and nice locals. But it is also the kind of place that I might be unsure about eating at - it can be chaotic when crowded and kind of unclear where to order. Don't let that turn you away though - It is the best food in town.
    Coffee taste great, people friendly and welcoming. Nice atmosphere, calm and relaxing. Good choice of food. Weather is a bit cold, visiting September. Just a relaxing and chilling place.
    We came for a smoothie but witnessed much of the other food. Super personable service, suggestions. There is also an underlying humor behind the name (look it up and be ready to laugh). The smoothie was obviously made with fresh fruit, excellent. Also good suggestion for and well prepared iced herbal tea. We would be regulars if we lived in the area.
    I worked here for hours on a report and they were very nice. I had Ice tea and cookies that were great. The WiFi is fast(I needed that) and the atmosphere was quiet!
    Many different flavors, types and preparations- perfect to start your day. Good food as well! Very friendly staff- young and engaging. Good hangout while you're here.
    Ate breakfast here on our way out of town. There was a craft fair going on, and the street was blocked off. Parking was easy to find a block or two away. Service was friendly. Tea was delicious- I'm a bit of a tea snob since I brew loose leaf tea and tea bags are not the best in my opinion. They use loose tea and put it in a neat tea leaf bag that I've never seen used before. The tea was strong and very hot. I got the le baconator- a bagel with cheese, bacon, egg and potato. I'm not a huge breakfast sandwich fan, but that's all they really had along with breakfast wraps/ pastries. The bagel was not a traditional New York style bagel, and I loved it! Generally I'm not a fan of bagels. The potatoes, eggs, bacon were good. Bacon was chopped up into bacon bits. Ambiance was eclectic and very enjoyable. A lot of locals and trekkers. Cool place! I'd go again if ever in the area.
    This place rocks. Have been here two days in a row. Food and beverages are amazing. Andy and staff are very friendly and are artists of creating yummy food. They make most of their products from scratch . Life time customers now ! Dave and Michele Orluskie.
    We ordered the Cranberry Paradise Salad, the turkey bacon wrap, and the Nor Cal breakfast wrap. The food was delicious. The salad was big enough for two to share. The environment is very casual "hipster". The employees were very friendly and very helpful. We would recommend this place to friends and family.

Similar places people viewed in Mount Shasta