Photo of Simplethings Sandwich & Pie shop in Los Angeles, CA, US

Simplethings Sandwich & Pie shop

American Restaurant

pie • salted caramel • dessert

8310 W 3rd St
Los Angeles, CA 90048, US

Simplethings Sandwich & Pie shop has 14 Tips

This is a great place to grab a quick bite to eat in Los Angeles. The food was fresh and quick. They seemed amenable to accommodating changes in a menu item. We enjoyed the outside seating. There are a few outdoor tables, small, but still nice.
    The Store: Small. Service is so so. Only 2 small tables outside the store. The dessert: I tried the salted caramel mini pie. OMG! So salty and sweet!! Just one bite... I need to drink lots of water. The cream cheese frosting on top is super sweet too. I couldn't even finish the "mini" pie. The Parking: Street metered parking (very challenged to find a spot)
    I visited the restaurant on Saturday afternoon, during Brunch hours. My guest had the half salad/ half sandwich and I chose the breakfast veggie sandwich. All of the food was delicious and fresh. We also enjoyed freshly made 'cutie pies' which were the perfect size! My cherry pie was superb, and the banana cream was the best either of us had ever tasted. Our server was attentive, as was the entire staff. The atmosphere is casual and inviting. I will certainly be back many times in the future.
    Had the best Cobb salad ever here. It's super casual, you queue and order and then find a table. Really liked it.
    We found this place just walking by on a Sunday. We like pie so we stopped in and decided to have brunch. We tried a variety of things, veggie eggs benedict, grilled pb&j and a breakfast sandwich with avocado. all were delicious! We loved the very casual vibe, the perky staff, and the mini pies were adorable. Good coffee. Can't beat the price! We were stuffed and happy.
    When visiting California, I knew that there was no doubt that I had to eat at Simplethings. I don't know how I became aware of this place, but just the thought of sandwiches and mini pies hadI must start with the girl behind the counter, Stephanie. She made us feel at home. She has a sweet disposition and knew how to describe/sell everything on the menu without being pushy. The BLT was out of this world and don't even get me started on the Bacon Mac & Cheese...I think that it speaks for itself. The pies, however, were orgasmic! I believe I went to the moon and back after trying them. In fact, I know for sure I was floating on air! A "must go to" when visiting the LA area!!
    I visited this place on a recommendation from my hairdresser across the road and I was not disappointed! The sandwich I ordered was fresh, full of flavour and well presented. Unfortunately I did not order a pie, but wish I had. I will definitely return to try another! Healthy, delicious and worth the visit.
    Great mini pies, but there are a lot of other options on Third Street. If you're staying in the area, it's a great place for lunch.
    Yes, mini Salted Caramel Pies! So delicious, I can only imagine what all the other flavors taste like. I will definitely return to find out.
    All the food items I have eaten at Simplethings were delicious. Great service, clean and cozy place, tasty sandwiches and pies.
    Simple but well done lunches with fresh ingredients and great flavor combinations. French bakery decor -- spotless and calm. Tiny pies for dessert are a perfect sweet treat with coffee. The salted caramel pie with the graham cracker crust is a favourite. Highly recommend for lunch.
    small place straightforward menu high quality food.I love their tuna salad with lots of delicious kapers included. you order at the counter and they bring the food to you. Delicious fresh ice tea served in a mason jar as well.
    This is a great place to grab lunch if you're spending a vacation day in the area taking in a studio filming or visiting the LACMA. Very good menu, and great pies for dessert.
    The Skinny: Parking: metered on street Decor: simple, chic Service: friendly, but check your order Bathroom: stylish and clean Soda: Mexican coke Food: delicious I came here bc I had donated to the kcrw fund drive and in return received a gift card. I brought my gal pal and we had lunch. I ordered the pulled chicken sandwich and she had the poached eggs. She loves hers and mine was great. The pickles on the side were tangy with crunch. The pretzel roll was soft and baked to perfection. For dessert I ordered the mud pie and the salted caramel pie. My hubby loved the mud pie I brought home and unfortunately they neglected to put the salted caramel pie in the box. When I called the restaurant they apologized and credited the gift card. The only complaint I would have is that the day we went it was super hot out and though we ate inside it was 82 degrees inside. Even the waitress complained to the manager. He walked over to the temp control but did not make it cooler. Overall I will be back, make sure to check their pie calendar as the pie choices change everyday!

Similar places people viewed in Los Angeles