Photo of Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams in Los Angeles, CA, US

Restaurant

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams14.5
ice cream • sorbet • frozen yogurt • waffle cone

1954 Hillhurst Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90027, US

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams has 21 Tips

Churro Borough line too long? Walk over to Hillhurst and wait in, uh, the same length of a line for Jeni’s. It's past that whole dumb listeria thing and is back to scooping killer flavors like Wildberry Lavender and Salty Caramel
    1 Like
    Our children recommended this ice cream shop after a picnic. The employees are pleasant and you can sample all the flavors you want! The boys opted for a bowl with a piece of waffle cone on the side. My wife had the children's size (half a scoop) and I went for the sugar cone. The prices are high, but that's what you should expect from a high quality ice cream shop! Very clean and inviting! Enjoy!
    Jeni's is legendary. She is such a passionate woman who puts creativity into everything. The flavor experiences she creates are truly incredible. Parking can be a little challenge here, but I usually find a place on Clarissa. The Jeni's cookbooks are exceptional, but the ambiance, smiling workers, and endless samples keep reeling me in again and again.
    Aside from Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream located at The Commons in Calabasas (next to Barnes and Nobel's Book Store)...it's one of the cutest ice cream parlors I've seen...with their orange and white striped theme! Their aroma of their homemade waffle cones welcome you in and literally get you excited for the ice cream event! With unusual flavors, but not too unusual that you wouldn't want to try them...their Wild berry Lavender was my choice for the maiden voyage! But trust me it took me a while to decide until I realized I'd be back again! You can go online to see their other amazing flavors...from vanilla to peanut butter and crazy delicious in between! You can opt for a bowl or cone and while I went for the bowl...I'll get the fine next time and maybe two scoops! Hahahahaha! The line moves quickly and the employees are nice as they offer samples. And while the prices are that of a gourmet ice cream shop...it's a culinary treat that will satisfy! It's a friendly little atmosphere...and trust me Jeni's Ice Creams is Splendid! Enjoy!
    Larchmont Villiage has 6 coffee shops.. So why not 2 Ice Creams shops..Jenny's is the latest addition and we love it... White and bright, smilling staff and great Ice Cream..Love the basic flavors and then the specials.. Its real Ice cream, rich, dense and creamy...yummy ... going again tonight...
    Delicious and creative. Just perfect. Beats Salt and Straw and no lines. I had darkest chocolate and salted peanut with chocolate flakes. Yum!!
    Our family had a wonderful experience at Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream in the Los Feliz section of LA. We have been to all kinds of gourmet ice cream shops over the years, but I think this one is probably our #1 favorite. This was our first time visiting Jeni's. We were immediately taken by the attractiveness of the shop. Then, we requested samples. Wow! So good! We had a hard time choosing! We were absolutely delighted with our selections. We tried "Milkiest Chocolate," "Ndali Estate Vanilla Bean," "Orange Blossom," and "Sweet Cream," among others. Unbelievably good! These are ice cream/frozen yogurt flavors you just won't find anywhere else. But, as incredible as the ice cream was, the most remarkable thing about the shop was the friendliness of the staff! They were energetic and enthusiastic, with such a positive attitude that it rubbed off on everyone in our party. The great ice cream and the great staff combined to make this a most memorable ice cream shop experience. Thank you, Jeni's! We look forward to returning the next time we are in LA.
    Stopped in after a visit to the Observatory! So glad we did! They were happy to let us sample several flavors. Line moved quickly. Believe the hype, it's worth every penny!
    The flavors are wonderful and they let you try em! You got me! Service excellent. Milkiest chocolate!
    Splendid indeed - from the variety of flavors to the staff friendliness, this place is amazing. Black Cat Espresso, Juniper Lemon Curd and Riesling Poached Pear sorbet ranked the highest out of the 8 different flavors we tried. Will be back every time I'm in town, that's for sure
    I remember coming here amazed by the huge line they had. Surely, there must be something different about this place, and to be honest, I was right. The first thing you smell when you come in, is fresh wafers being made as cones for the ice cream. The smell is absolutely vibrating in the air, and it makes you want to eat ice cream with the cone. The many samples and different tastes they have to offer truly brings a unique blend of flavors and colors to the table. I for one, highly recommend this place! Their friendliness is definitely something beautiful as well! Lots of good memories and smiles here!
    Recently popped into Jeni's on Hillhurst in Los Felis. There was quite a line the night we were there, but I figured it was worth a try. Glad we did. They offer very unusual, mind bending flavors. Butter cake with swirls of caramel, popcorn (though I thought that one was a little strange but still interesting), goat cheese with berries, wild berry lavender . . . You get the picture. Frozen yogurt and sorbet options too. A bit pricey but keeps you from over indulging. Worth a stop after a movie or dinner. Fun atmosphere too.
    Small ice cream shop which serves tens of different flavored natural ice cream. I really enjoyed the one with Whisky flavor. Get ready to wait in the queue for about 15 minutes to buy. But it worths to try .
    We had just spent some time in Griffith Park and at the observatory. On our way back to the hotel, we stopped at Jeni's. The service was great, as they let us sample as many varieties as we wanted. The entire family enjoyed their choices. I had a double scoop of Intelligensia Black Cat Expresso in a waffle cone. I don't like cats, but I loved the ice cream. Total for the four of us: $24.
    Jeni's Ice-cream is indeed splendid!! The flavor of the ice-cream is so rich, delicious and creamy. I absolutely love the Brown Butter Almond Brittle. Its to die for. Totally recommend this flavor and once you take a bite you will want more and more of it. Also, I love the Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk, it is really refreshing. The Whiskey & Pecans is also one of my favorites because of its unique and great flavor. Simply love this Ice-cream place!!
    As soon as we walked in, we were offered tasters of whatever flavour we wished. Great selection and a limited time only section which offers great variety for locals. Really good icecream and great service to go with it
    I never dreamed I'd choose an ice cream flavor called ylang ylang fennel, but I did, and it was amazing! We stopped in to Jeni's after dinner with my local sister-in-law while we were visiting California for vacation. It's so close to her apartment, that I'd be in real danger if I had such easy access to this ice cream! All of the flavors my family chose were great, it's a cute little place, staff was friendly, and you can't beat the creativity!
    It's like I've never had real ice cream until I came to this place. Every single flavor is so potent, it makes Haagen Daas taste like sugar water. I can believe that they use whole ingredients and quality dairy, because synthetic flavoring and commodity ice cream mix just can't taste this good. Bravo team Jeni!
    Go in. Taste all of the flavors. Buy a couple scoops. Leave happy. At Jenni's, you can tell they care about flavor and quality. They're also incredibly friendly and happy to walk you through all of the flavors and recommended pairings. My favorite? The Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso with the Darkest Chocolate. And for a hot summer day, try the Roasted Strawberry Buttermilk.
    ... after school "activity". Ever. At least if you ask my kids. And I've got to admit it's hard to not stop by every day. Amazing quality and flavor combinations.
    Tongue in cheek...what a wonderful take on ice cream! So many delicious flavors and definitely not the same old same old. Save some room after lunch at Yucca or Mustard Seed Cafe and treat yourself!

Similar places people viewed in Los Angeles