Photo of India's Restaurant in Los Angeles, CA, US

Indian Restaurant

great food • indian food • vegetarian • flavor

4366 Fountain Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90029, US

India's Restaurant has 20 Tips

a month ago
    It’s one of the best food I had in LA. I have reviewed many Indian restaurants in La, this one stands out. Multiple options and taste benefits. A must try
    Ate there last night My husband and I are no stranger to Indian food living in the north of England where we eat it twice a week The food at Indias Restaurant was stunningly good We are both vegetarian so are the veggie kofta in a rice and wonderful nut sauce with paneer tikka masala "to die for" accompanied by a yellow tasty dahl We had a couple of breads which were garlic naan and a paratha stuffed with potato and cheese Couldnt fault the service either with such a polite and caring lady A great night Only wished we lived here !! Thank you Indias restaurant one of the best weve eaten in 😁
    الاكل لذيذ ولكن للاسف المطعم ليس نظيف والمكان ريحة الطبخ لاصقه في كل جزء الصوص يقدم كم مره للزباين الشوك ليست نظيفه
    I love this place. I have never had anything but a great meal every time I've been there. I'm actually heading out there later this evening and just realized I have never given a shout out to this wonderful neighborhood gem. Shame on me! Super casual atmosphere, unbeatable food. Best vegetable biryani ever. Saag paneer is amazing. You know what? Everything is amazing.
    找吃的找到完全闷逼,洛杉矶太大,但是到处没有停车位,好不容易看到空位,咪表研究了10分钟 误打误撞进了印度餐厅,4页菜单除了色拉和米饭,其他都不知道点了点啥,坐等上菜吧
    India's Restaurant is a Mom and Pop joint with good Indian home cooking. I'm not fond of buffets as the tastes tend to run together as you over eat. I pace myself and try small portions of everything until I find what I like best and then just enjoy those few items. The restaurant is rundown with community tables in the middle.
    This place is our neighborhood favorite. Service is excellent, food is outstanding. I love coming here and have for years.
    This was one Indian AYCE that I drove past a few times towards my appointments in the Hollywood area, and one day, I had an appointment nearby so it may going here a cinch. The food was more than good and lived up to the ratings and hype. Would come back again if I'm in the area.
    This restaurant has a variety of items on the menu and is located in a great area! Good atmosphere and amazing food😍 will recommend and will be returning!
    In a small, unassuming corner mall on Fountain, one block from Sunset Blvd.,INDIA'S RESTAURANT is the best Indian buffet I have found. Lots of delicious options for meat eaters, vegetarians and even gluten-free folks like me. Always fresh, plentiful and delicious food on the buffet - and a full menu as well, if you'd like to order something else. I have taken many friends there and they always want to return. There is a small parking lot, and also street parking in the neighborhood. The price is very reasonable for such wonderful food. $11 on weekdays and $13 on the weekend, and the weekend buffet comes with champagne! That would be considered "cheap eats" in Los Angeles. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Feel free to ask questions about how the items are prepared. I like the room, it feels large but cozy. I have no complaints about this terrific place. I always enjoy it.
    On their own website, they call themselves LA's best restaurant. Not having eaten at all 8000 something restaurants here, I can't verify that, but they are hands down the best Indian restaurant I've ever eaten at.The service was excellent, the food was SO good (my husband had lamb vindaloo, and I had green curry with lamb. The lamb was melt in your mouth tender, and the flavor of both dishes was deep and delicious). Prices are a bit higher than I expected, I think the lunch buffet is probably where they got their single dollar sign code on tripadvisor. I'd call it moderate at dinner. I highly recommend this restaurant if you like Indian food. Btw, everything is a la carte, and nothing but lamb came in the green curry.
    I was visiting my daughter and she knows I love Indian food. We ended up eating at the buffet at India's Restaurant. Everything was so flavorful and colorful. The host, server and just everyone who worked there were very nice and helpful. I will definitely go back as soon as I return to LA.
    Just returned from a thoroughly enjoyable, tasty Indian meal. Greeted by the friendly staff on entering this restaurant. 'Sam' our waiter paid particular attention to our request for no ghee and was patient in understanding exactly the meal options we chose from the restaurant menu. Unlike UK Indian restaurants, this restaurant does not serve alcoholic drinks. Our meal was accompanied by iced water and refills were regularly and attentively provided. We didn't really need to order quite so much and would have been satisfied with a quarter of the brown rice portion. It wasn't a cheap meal but the quality was excellent. Cost of meal was $62 including tip.
    It is nice to see this shopping center get a nice and new addition. The restaurant is well run and clean. The buffet was excellent. It had a nice variety and did not skimp. This space was formerly a Chinese restaurant that needed to go and this is a great new addition.
    This is the only place where i saw lot of varieties in a buffet lunch. Even if you are a vegetarian, you get lot of options in the buffet. Quality and taste are great but the ambiance is average. Overall a good place to have a peaceful lunch
    Best servers I have ever came across. They take care of you, Literally (no puns).Paneer Masala is good, assorted appetizers are okayish. Complimentary desert in the end.
    I travelled to LA for a week and had my food delivered from this restaurant twice as it had great ratings on Google. I was not disappointed at all. Food was really good with lots of variety. Delivery was prompt. No complaints.
    Not one bad thing to say about this hole in the wall. Rated a restaurant is worth every penny. Tablecloth and linens with fresh roses at table. Closes late so you can eat great even late. trust me you will thank me if you decide to venture to India's restaurant cuisine of India.
    I was searching for Indian food in the Los Feliz/East Hollywood area during a month-long visit to USC. This place was highly rated on yelp.com. I ordered takeout. The exterior is a strip mall; interior is much nicer with somewhat dim lighting, but the atmosphere is nice. Smelled delicious as soon as I walked inside. There were a handful of patrons there eating dinner. I ordered the chicken vindaloo (medium spice) with a side of basmati rice and raita. It's always risky ordering a spice level from an unknown Indian place, and I think I will go with spicier (hot) next time. The medium is honestly what I would have characterized as mild. The flavor of the vindaloo was quite nice; not as vinegary as I typically associate with vindaloo, but the flavor was still quite tasty and had good depth. It was a bit heavy on the potatoes but the portion was otherwise generous in terms of curry - easily enough for two meals. Most Indian places around here charge extra for rice based on their online menus, which is weird to me, but it seems to be the standard here. Prices were very good considering the portion size and essentially double serving. I haven't been to enough places around this area yet to comment on if it's the best locally, but I was solidly satisfied with my meal all around.
    We searched on the internet for a good Indian restaurant and found quite a few within a 20 minute drive from our hotel. After looking at the photos, we chose this one. GREAT pick! It looked sketchy when we arrived because it is located in a rundown strip mall, but once we got inside we were impressed. VERY VERY attentive staff, linen tablecloths and napkins, Indian music playing, authentic decor, and a clean, calm atmosphere. We were seated immediately and multiple people were always nearby with water and asking us if we needed anything. They start out with the complimentary flatbread and three dipping sauces while you browse the menu. The sauces are amazing!!! Especially the oil/pepper/carrot one. I don't know what they are all called, sorry. We ordered chicken tikka masala and vegetable korma. You can pick mild, medium, or hot. The food was the best we've had in a long time, rice was perfect, and the naan was fantastic. They give a rice pudding free for dessert and it was good, but we aren't fond of puddings. I can't say enough about the service. It was 5 star all the way from the moment we walked in. Prices are reasonable for portions - our bill was $36 for two entrees, rice, and naan. And we had enough leftovers for a late night meal. They deliver within 5 miles and there was a stream of people coming in for takeout. The ONLY thing management should consider is offering paper plates for leftovers and takeout instead of styrofoam since you can't microwave styro to reheat food. We had to stop at a store and buy plates so we could heat up our food in the hotel. Otherwise, not a single complaint! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Similar places people viewed in Los Angeles