Photo of Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel in Costa Mesa, CA, US

Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel

Hotel

Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel14
silver trumpet • hardwood floors • wyndham hotel • lake view

3350 Avenue Of The Arts
Costa Mesa, CA 92626, US

Avenue of the Arts Costa Mesa, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel has 21 Tips

Hotel
    Rooms and hotel look very much as they do in online pictures. Staff at checkin was efficient and courteous. Altho our room had clearly been recently renovated, I was surprised by body odor smell on pillows and what appeared to be sheets that might not have been changed. Other than that, the decor is nice. Attended a group function. Food was very good, but waiter was in a hurry to get rid of us. He was frustrated with serving us in the first place and was taking away plates before we were done chewing food. Be aware that an advertised rate isn't all it's cracked up to be once taxes, fees, and a $24 a day parking charge gets added to your bill. However, the hotel is close to world class shopping and theater events. That in itself is a plus.
    Stayed here on a late September night and this was actually our 2nd visit to this beautiful hotel. Hotel is very pretty and artsy, with beautiful decorations everywhere. Room is spacious with nice arrangements of beds and lightings. I especially like the bed "lamp" for late night reading. The only negative thing I could find is the limited equipments in the gym. Highly recommended for Orange County visitors.
    I think the service here is the best part. The room was very nice, the location was quiet. Yet you can take a pedestrian pathway one block (through the office park across the street) to the enormous mall (South Coast Plaza). The airport shuttle, the doormen, the front desk staff, the food service and the housekeeping staff were all super friendly and helpful. The room was OK-sized. The rooms facing the lake are quiet, notwithstanding that there is an active construction project next door. The hardwood floors were different. That's more common in Europe. But the room was super clean and the amenities were nice. I attended a conference, and I admit that the banquet food was really top notch. Much better than the vast majority of hotels.
    Recently I went on a family trip and got a nice bump to a room with balcony and views of the lake behind as well as free parking for the duration of the stay (2 nights). However, upon entering the room, I was disappointed by the bathroom, specifically the outdated shower head, the broken light on the vanity mirror and the lack of ventilation fans or heat lamp. The toiletry (shampoo, conditioner, soap, body wash, and the toilet paper) seemed average at best. The amenity is really minimal compared to others. The pool area is small and limited. The gym and sauna area are actually nice with ample supply of fruit, water, and towels. The parking garage is easily full for paying customers, perhaps due to mismanagement, and worst of all, not only is it not connected to the main building, there's no designated pedestrian walkway inside so you will have to walk up and down along with traffic to get to your vehicle. The lake behind the hotel is quite nice, but you will have to share it with another hotel in the area as well as the apartment buildings nearby. Next time I am in the area, I think I will give the good old Westin a try. Also, the entrance to the hotel is located just before a turn-around, and if you came in from the wrong side of the road, you will have to drive past the entrance, do a u-turn and come back.
    Loved the ambiance. Deco styling refreshing. Staff very accomodating . Grounds zen-like. Our room was a little on the small side, but we had two very comfortable queen beds. All white linen with a linen covered duvet. Bed and pillows assured a comfortable sleep. Nicely air conditioned. Has all amenities including wifi. I had forgotten my iPhone charger and was loaned one from the desk. Loved the fresh kerig coffee available in room. Will certainly be back, hopefully when entertainers are there to use jazz instruments positioned just before restaurant entrance.
    I recently booked with The Avenue of the Arts for a small, corporate team meeting. I worked with Terri Collins, who made the process very easy and was also a huge help, especially with some of our last minute changes! When the team returned to the office, they had nothing but nice things to say about the hotel. We will definitely keep this venue in mind for future events and book with them again!
    The property is very clean. Everything looks new and remodeled. The front desk is super friendly and helpful. Easy check-in. Housekeeping was quick when I requested some more towels. The beds are very comfy! (A+ for the beds). The only complaint I have was with one of the bellmen. Brayan (spl?) was very rude and short with me when I asked about more towels. He wanted to know what I spilled. What does it matter? I want some more towels. Great breakfast on the way out! I will be back.
    Had a wonderful experience at the Wyndham Avenue of Arts boutique hotel. The rooms were clean, bed comfortable and the shuttles were available as reserved. The room and hotel in general is very well maintained and seemed to have gone through some recent updates. Friendly front desk staff made recommendations nearby for food and handled all the questions we had. The exercise room is small, but had aerobic equipment and weights all in decent shape. Has a pool and hot tub that unfortunately I did not get to use. Conveniently located to John Wayne airport and our business needs. The hotel bar was very nice with some happy hour discounts on drinks and food, nice Gin Mule and nice bar staff. Great business trip stay!
    The staff is top notch at this hotel. Love the amenities and the hotel layout. It's probably the first chain "boutique" hotel we've stayed at and it's a great concept. Comfortable rooms, nice pool and spa with excellent service. Walked to Starbucks and didn't check out the available gift shop/restaurant. The only issue we had was a very slow drain in the tub but all in all an excellent stay.
    This is a really nice hotel! Hard wood floors in the rooms. Modern, not your typical generic starwood hotel . Great location to the freeway system. You can also walk to malls , restaurants etc . Honestly I don't think you can. Find a better stay in Costa Mesa! Lastly the price is great !
    Came here for part-play, part-business. Although we will be holding our conference at the larger Westin across the street, we will likely stay at this hotel again. The rooms are comfortable and very well designed with a balcony overlooking the pool and pond. Very comfortable bed, nice wood flooring which makes the room feel so much cleaner, and tons of lighting for reading. You can tell the design was well thought out with extra attention placed on decor and real functionality. Someone actually thought logically and put plugs near the bed and several light and thermostat options within reaching distance of the bed so you don't have to get up to turn on lights - even for the lamp across the room! Some people may think I'm silly to think so much of this, but it really is about the little things that communicate to a guest that actual thought was put into both design and practicality. This is what makes customers return and feel appreciated!The location is also great and within walking distance to a few shops and restaurants and only a short drive to several beach options. The restaurant/bar is a bit pricy but has the friendliest staff and lovely outdoor seating with heaters. The gym is also nice and clean with large wi dows overlooking the pond. Absolutely love this hotel and its location!
    One of the best hotels in the area; very friendly staff; amazing rooms and hotel area. Great value, close from the South Coast Plaza Mall; 20 minutes from Disneyland through highway; 20 minutes from Newport Beach and Huntington Beach. Highly recommended!
    I stay a lot at Kimpton hotels but I am not going to lie the location and this hotel are top notch. The hotel has a very modern twist with great music and very well appointed rooms. Had a suite that was beautiful with a balcony. The restaurant and bar are very hip. And a nice walk around the little lake is very nice and relaxing. I will be back for sure
    Meets expectations. The room was nice and the property is kept up well. Only complaints are the cost of parking and the rather small pool with little sun exposure. Our interactions with the staff were also pleasant.
    Hotel is cute and boutiquey. A few blocks from South Coast Plaza. Kind of on a business street with other building. No lobby bar, but cute bar/restaurant on site and nice outdoor seating area with fountains. The parking garage is attached to the hotel and easy to come and go with a key card.
    The hotel itself was stunning. It was beautifully designed. Our child found the flaming torches, glass hallway with a water feature, and the lake to be fascinating and beautiful. The room was comfortable and clean. The staff was competent, friendly, and eager to be helpful. The hotel restaurant was wonderful - sustainably sourced, all natural, delicious, and very well priced for the amount of food you are given and how good the food is. Room service was prompt and inexpensive for this nice of a hotel. We will definitely stay again the next time we are in Orange County.
    The property is beautiful, the rooms are beautiful and comfortable. From the time I walked in the staff was extra friendly and helpful which means a lot to me because I am constantly judged and mistreated because of my looks (mostly the tattoos) There was a minor misunderstanding during the reservation and Evan the supervisor who checked me made the situation right for both sides which I greatly appreciated (it's those little things that count when you travel a lot) I would def recommend the place to anyone in the area, I've stayed in Many hotels in the area and it's definitely worth checking out and coming back to!
    Over all excellence. Great staff, clean rooms, beautiful decor and setting. Bed are super lush and comfortable. We have been traveling for couple of weeks and stayed in many holes in Cali and this hotel by far is the best. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant.
    We stayed here only one night by "accident". The nearby Westin South Coast Plaza had no water overnight and they suggested we stay here as an alternative. I wished I had known about this property prior as I usually stay at the Westin. In many ways, this has the feel of a boutique luxury hotel. In our very short visit, we didn't have an opportunity to really use any of the services, although we did have lunch at their onsite restaurant. Check in was seamless, room was spacious and clean with a full bath (something getting more and more rare these days). They style reminded me in some ways of Art Deco Miami with lots of "flow". Little interaction we did have with staff was great - they didn't offer us a mini bar key for some reason which was fine. The surrounding area and grounds are very tranquil and the pool area seemed well kept up. I will definitely stay here again. Lunch was delicious and service was great at their somewhat whimsical restaurant. It also seemed to have a great happy hour.
    I love this place. My first 2 times was ny myself and the last time with my girlfriend and she love it too. Great place love it. And even better an amazing cuban place a mile away. Perfect place to visit.

Similar places people viewed in Costa Mesa